Happy St. Patrick's Day !

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
invisible Pole

Happy St. Patrick's Day !

Post by invisible Pole »

It's almost end of the day, but what the heck ....

Happy St. Patrick's Day for our Foyle Brothers and all those who live in or love Ireland !!
I hope you are having a great time !!
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
invisible Pole

Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day !

Post by invisible Pole »

invisible Pole wrote:It's almost end of the day, but what the heck ....

Happy St. Patrick's Day for our Foyle Brothers and all those who live in or love Ireland !!
I hope you are having a great time !!
And to celebrate this I'm gonna play The Pogues' "If I Should Fall From Grace With God".
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

St. Patrick's Day...also known as "Amateur Night."
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

What's the deal with green beer anyway? Everyone knows you should be drinking a nice Irish stout on St. Paddy's Day.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

My girlfriend has Irish citizenship- we celebrate the Irish, Irish music, culture, food, and people every day. Still, we do enjoy St. Patrick's Day. Right now she is in the kitchen preparing some bangers and mash for our evening meal, happily whistling along to the Pogues!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Here in Dublin Paddy's Day can be a mixed blessing. It'll be warm and sunny and we'll all have a good time. Maybe too good a time ; too much drink, windows get smashed , pukeing/pissing everywhere etc. Or else it'll be cold and windy and.......pretty much the same thing happens!

This year it was the latter. I stayed in for the day ,venturing out this evening. I joined a group of friends to see a play ( Faith Healer
by Brian Friel at The Gate ; great play let down by a woefully miscast Ralph Fiennes who brought no substance to the central role but somewhat redeemed by excellent performances by Ingrid Craigie and Ian McDiarmid) and have just walked home . The pubs were starting to empty . We dodged tottering groups of barely dressed girls with tear-streaked green eye-liner and boys roaring at each other. Long lines of similar folk congregated outside night clubs etc.

Yes , another Paddy's Day!
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Who's Saint Patrick?

Kidding!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Dang, I made some *fabulous* reubens last night, along with potatoes cooked with the corned beef.

Oh yeah, and we had beer. :)
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Best Bitter and Jamesons till the pub shut...a train ride and then a taxi that I can't remember....slept most of the day......had some advil and soup. :roll:
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
little martinet

Post by little martinet »

miss buenos aires wrote:St. Patrick's Day...also known as "Amateur Night."
I hear ya MBA. I went out last night and one of the girls in my class came out with us...I think she thought that since they were giving out corny beer glasses with a blinking green light in the bottom she just had to drink as much as possible out of it! One of my friends ended up leaving early to take her home :roll:

I live in a University town and when I went to the liquor store yesterday there wasn't one can or bottle of Guinness to be found...no Kilkenny either (I think people that don't even like these beers just feel like they <i>have</i> to drink them on St. Pat's)

A cover band was playing at the pub, and they were recording a live CD and were givn'r...they played "If I Should Fall From Grace With God" (my St. Patrick's day anthem, Pole!) so I was satisfied!