RIP Coretta Scott King

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
SoLikeCandy

RIP Coretta Scott King

Post by SoLikeCandy »

She died in her sleep late last night, and was found by her daughter. She was 78.

A woman who continued the legacy of civil rights with quiet grace and dignity is gone. The void she leaves is impossible to fill.
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

She basically ensured that MLK's aims continued long after his death and for that she has my eternal respect. RIP.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

She certainly took on great responsibilities after her husband's death. And in a time where it was not easy to be black, or a woman - and she was both.

RIP
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

She was an amazing woman that will be missed. It seems fitting that she would die in her sleep.

RIP
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

My third grade class spent the day learning about MLK yesterday (they actually already had quite a grasp on his mission and life). Today when I told them that his widow had passed, they were very quiet and then decided they would remember her as well on King's birthday holiday. There's hope for the future yet.....
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Coretta Scott King was a heroic woman. More than anyone else, she faught long and hard to have his birthday recognized as a holiday. She continued the struggle and fought the good fight until the end. I feel a deep sense of loss today.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare