"Shut Him Down" - single by Michael Leonhart Orchestra, Elvis Costello & JSWISS

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Re: "Shut Him Down" - single by Michael Leonhart Orchestra, Elvis Costello & JSWISS

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.facebook.com/ElvisCostello/ ... 605186702/

This Friday, Qwest TV will be premiering an exclusive video release from the legendary Elvis Costello and Michael Leonhart featuring rapper JSWISS

Directed by Daniel Carlson, this is a powerful new song written by Elvis Costello and Michael Leonhart and remotely recorded in quarantine by 50+ members of the Michael Leonhart Orchestra.

From Michael Leonhart's 2021 Sunnyside Records release, get ready to watch "SHUT HIM DOWN" for the first time on Qwest TV's Instagram, Facebook & YouTube channels.

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Re: "Shut Him Down" - single by Michael Leonhart Orchestra, Elvis Costello & JSWISS

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

Cracking video, love it. Although I do think that, if the whole Covid/lockdown thing continues for a lot longer (as I fear it will), artists are going to have to find different ways of doing videos than whole-screen montages of each person recording their bit at home. It's fine, but it's going to get wearisome eventually! As videos like that go, though, this is a really good one.
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

This sounds great, apart from there's something about the lyrics and pitch that make them hard to make out.

Does anyone else expect Elvis suddenly to burst out:

"Because I'm baaad
I'm bad
Ya know it
Because I'm baaad
I'm bad
Ya know it "

Shamon.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Neil. wrote:This sounds great, apart from there's something about the lyrics and pitch that make them hard to make out.

Does anyone else expect Elvis suddenly to burst out:

"Because I'm baaad
I'm bad
Ya know it
Because I'm baaad
I'm bad
Ya know it "

Shamon.
Neil, the only trendy teenager on this forum :wink:
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

More Off the Wall!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
jardine

Post by jardine »

now THERE'S an album he could cover!! :|

and, to make it a real october surprise, dance videos!!!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

jardine wrote:now THERE'S an album he could cover!! :|

and, to make it a real october surprise, dance videos!!!
I think Michael Jackson stole some of Elvis’ dance moves from the I can’t stand up and High fidelity videos. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
jardine

Post by jardine »

oh yes he did!
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

verbal gymnastics wrote:More Off the Wall!

PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

is there one song that doesnt benefit from a pointless rap in the middle of it? :D :D :D :D :D :D
jardine

Post by jardine »

you wanna be starting somethin'? 8)