just throwin' this idea out

Pretty self-explanatory
ice nine

just throwin' this idea out

Post by ice nine »

Elvis should do an album of KISS covers. I can just hear songs like Calling Dr. Love, Love Gun, Shout It Out Loud, etc.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
jardine

Re: just throwin' this idea out

Post by jardine »

EXCELLENT thread title :P

Now I would like to hear a CD of John Sebastian covers. She's Still a Mystery. Six O'Clock, Darlin' Be Home Soon, Lovin' You, You Didn't Have to be so Nice, Rain on the Roof, Didn't want to have to do it, Darlin' Companion, You're a Big Boy Now, Boredom, Close Your Eyes, Coconut Grove, Bes' Friends
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Like the Latino TYM, re-record Mad About The Rwong Boy but overdub Elvis' voice - you know it makes sense! :wink:
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Nellie the Elephant - he's said he sung this regularly to his newborn twins and the "My Darling Clementine Songbook".
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

FOGELBERG, DAN this entire LP

SOUVENIRS
Attachments
IMG_20201006_193242_218.jpg
IMG_20201006_193242_218.jpg (31.17 KiB) Viewed 14953 times
fred darden

Post by fred darden »

Now you guys are just getting ridiculous. Why would he stop making his own music to do this? I know it is all hypothetical, but why?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

fred darden wrote:Now you guys are just getting ridiculous. Why would he stop making his own music to do this? I know it is all hypothetical, but why?
Easy Fred....i think we are all bored to tears and just looking for any little pastime to amuse us a touch. Yeah, i took it over the top with a whole lp request. :lol: But perhaps there is a song you would like...he does covers WONDERFULLY most everytime we know. Best. Benny
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

I'm also a fan of Dan F., bronx.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

ice nine wrote:I'm also a fan of Dan F., bronx.
Great talent....can't you hear E singing TELLING YOU STORIES, PART OF PLAN, ILLINOIS, RAVEN FLIES, PLACE IN THE WORLD???? :) :)
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

bronxapostle wrote:I think we are all bored to tears and just looking for any little pastime to amuse us a touch. Yeah, I took it over the top with a whole lp request. :lol: But perhaps there is a song you would like...he does covers WONDERFULLY most everytime we know. Best. Benny
Agree that we are all bored out of our respective skulls and looking to each other for a bit of a laugh or a distraction right now. Well - technically I'm in a Zoom meeting, but nobody can see me typing, can they? :lol:

But with complete and sincere respect to everybody else in the thread, one problem could be that it simply degenerates into each of us yelling out the name of a favourite LP or a favourite artist. How about making it a bit more specific?

What if Elvis was going to record a 4-track EP of covers as a give-away with his next LP. Which four tracks would you want? Ideally by four different artists. And because this is a fantasy project, we can set it in a non-Covid world, and you can therefore have any combination of backing bands/backing musicians you want, for each track.

Gauntlet thrown down! :lol:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

if you say so Hawk....but, i was not being facetious, I CAN HEAR E singing most of this lp.

i do like your idea, but as i talk too much i will not name four; just the one. and i will go to my long time favorite concept of an out and out 2 1/2 minute onslaught by the full band, of course, of URIAH HEEP: EASY LIVIN' 8) 8)

https://youtu.be/6c7ceMUZZl8
Last edited by bronxapostle on Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
fred darden

Post by fred darden »

bronxapostle wrote:
fred darden wrote:Now you guys are just getting ridiculous. Why would he stop making his own music to do this? I know it is all hypothetical, but why?
Easy Fred....i think we are all bored to tears and just looking for any little pastime to amuse us a touch. Yeah, i took it over the top with a whole lp request. :lol: But perhaps there is a song you would like...he does covers WONDERFULLY most everytime we know. Best. Benny
Meant nothing against Dan Fogelberg. Good high school, college memories. Remember the band America? Loved them in high school, but can't imagine Elvis doing Ventura Highway or Horse with No Name.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Not HORSE...too plodding. But, Ventura?? :P :P
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Hawksmoor wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:I think we are all bored to tears and just looking for any little pastime to amuse us a touch. Yeah, I took it over the top with a whole lp request. :lol: But perhaps there is a song you would like...he does covers WONDERFULLY most everytime we know. Best. Benny
Agree that we are all bored out of our respective skulls and looking to each other for a bit of a laugh or a distraction right now. Well - technically I'm in a Zoom meeting, but nobody can see me typing, can they? :lol:

But with complete and sincere respect to everybody else in the thread, one problem could be that it simply degenerates into each of us yelling out the name of a favourite LP or a favourite artist. How about making it a bit more specific?

What if Elvis was going to record a 4-track EP of covers as a give-away with his next LP. Which four tracks would you want? Ideally by four different artists. And because this is a fantasy project, we can set it in a non-Covid world, and you can therefore have any combination of backing bands/backing musicians you want, for each track.

Gauntlet thrown down! :lol:

Challenge accepted !!

1) Closer To Believing - Greg lake -- Costello and Nieve with maybe EC arranged string and woodwind accompaniment

2) Surrender - Cheap Trick -- + The Attractions

3) Slow Down - Larry Williams - The Confederates

4) From A Buick 6 - Bob Dylan --- The Attractions

Great fun this, I could probably come up with thousands if given time !
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

sulky lad wrote:Challenge accepted !!

1) Closer To Believing - Greg lake -- Costello and Nieve with maybe EC arranged string and woodwind accompaniment

2) Surrender - Cheap Trick -- + The Attractions

3) Slow Down - Larry Williams - The Confederates

4) From A Buick 6 - Bob Dylan --- The Attractions

Great fun this, I could probably come up with thousands if given time !
Great choices. All the time you need, brother, keep 'em coming. My first stab...

1) (inspired by your choice of Slow Down): I've Changed My Address (The Jam) - EC and The Attractions. I love Bruce Foxton to bits, but our Bruce could knock that bass part out of the park.

2) I Close My Eyes and Count to Ten (Dusty) - yeah, I know, obvious choice. Elvis and Steve, of course. The piano part.

3) Small Bones (Courteeners) - kills me every time, but to hear Elvis breathily intoning 'when she's asking me to dance'...' (probably the Brodskys).

4) Tower of Song (Leonard Cohen) - a great joke, and OK, Len got there first, but it would still be fun to hear Elvis have a crack at it. Elvis solo, naturally, leaning right into the microphone.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

THE JAM: LIZA RADLEY!!!
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

bronxapostle wrote:THE JAM: LIZA RADLEY!!!
Great choice, he'd smash that!