9th White Knuckles 14/58 24.1%
9th From a Whisper to a Scream 14/58 24.1%
7th Shot With His Own Gun 13/30 43.3%
6th Big Sister's Clothes 24/61 39.3%
"Can't you see? My band is up there."
Neil.

Re: Trust Survivor - Round 8

Post by Neil. »

Big Sister's Clothes - what a weird and wonderful song. I mean, what is that intro? It's brilliant. And the opening line is typical Elvis Costello: 'Sheep to the slaughter - oh, I thought this must be love.' Typical juxtaposition of sour and sweet. And some classic Costello - 'she's got eyes like saucers - oh, you think she's a dish' (he doesn't do that any more, as we know - he was criticised for his punning, but I used to like it.) And when the time signature changes, it's bliss.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Neil. wrote:Big Sister's Clothes - what a weird and wonderful song. I mean, what is that intro? It's brilliant. And the opening line is typical Elvis Costello: 'Sheep to the slaughter - oh, I thought this must be love.' Typical juxtaposition of sour and sweet. And some classic Costello - 'she's got eyes like saucers - oh, you think she's a dish' (he doesn't do that any more, as we know - he was criticised for his punning, but I used to like it.) And when the time signature changes, it's bliss.
and for those who do not recall.. it was the main set closer on TRUST era tours, including NEW YEARS EVE!!! Some might not be able to see this in this slot, but IT WORKED there! i got lucky to catch its last outing back in 2011 also.
Last edited by bronxapostle on Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
jardine

Post by jardine »

This has the same rambling, tumbling character of Dr. Luther's Assistant -- was this recorded solo like that song and Ghost Train...? Sounds like it to me. Love it.

p.s. just realized that this is a good reason to have such polls, for me, anyway. I stopped "voting" but still look in for comments on particular tracks. i lose track of a lot of songs and haven't considered BSC in a long time...then i listened to Dr. Luther because of that