Post by kosi559 »

https://forms.gle/MrNd68RgQEw2Th9y5
Vote for your least favorite song.
Pay it Back is out.
"Can't you see? My band is up there."
sulky lad

Re: My Aim Is True Survivor (Round 2)

Post by sulky lad »

Are we agreed that Detectives should be included in this? It certainly alters the feeling of the album compared to the “original” Stiff issue in August 1977 !
JONPD

Post by JONPD »

sulky lad wrote:Are we agreed that Detectives should be included in this? It certainly alters the feeling of the album compared to the “original” Stiff issue in August 1977 !
It doesn't seem right to include it to me
Harry Worth

Post by Harry Worth »

sulky lad wrote:Are we agreed that Detectives should be included in this? It certainly alters the feeling of the album compared to the “original” Stiff issue in August 1977 !
If this was a 'Vote for your favourite' type of poll comp I'd agree wholeheartedly.
However, in this 'least favourite' scenario (which maybe based on the copy kosi owns?) the version of the LP is secondary and I would not condemn tactical voting to purify the list going forward would be in order if you regard Detectives as an irritant in this context.
jardine

Post by jardine »

don't ask me. i still think that it's only love and i've just seen a face should be on rubber soul
Last edited by jardine on Thu May 21, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

jardine wrote:don't ask me. i still thing that it's only love and i've just seen a face should be on rubber soul
:D :D :D :D
Don't tell me you've got the butcher's apron sleeve as well? :wink:
jardine

Post by jardine »

hmmm. i'd rather not say..... 8)

the real hummer with all this is the northamerican revolver. all they did was remove THREE lennon songs -- sleeping, robert, and andyourbird. 11 songs. brazen, eh? and really distorted the picture of what was going on w. the group, leaving lennon onlly tomorrow and shesaid.
jardine

Post by jardine »

oh, so, detectives is just an add, not a substitute, yes? unlike n.a. model with radioradio instead of...nightrally?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

jardine wrote:oh, so, detectives is just an add, not a substitute, yes? unlike n.a. model with radioradio instead of...nightrally?
I think the original U.K release did so well as an import that when Elvis was signed by Columbia after the arrest in Park lane, London, Columbia issued their version with the (by then) hit U.K. single "Detectives" tacked on the end.