kosi559

Imperial Bedroom Survivor (Round 11)

Post by kosi559 »

https://forms.gle/PxKfZJsjRyW3KFKJA
Vote for your LEAST favorite track.
Almost Blue is out!
"Can't you see? My band is up there."
jardine

Re: Imperial Bedroom Survivor (Round 11)

Post by jardine »

boy this is going fast. anyway, once it gets down to human hands, you little fool and man out of time, i'm going to have to stop voting. anyone else have this happen already or earlier?
rightbrain

Post by rightbrain »

Full Disclosure: IbMePdErRoIoAmL is my favorite EC LP of all-time (as noted by the fussy way I typed out the title!). But seriously, I bought it the day it came out on July 2, 1982, (as a 20-year old), and was instantly mesmerized - plus PRINTED LYRICS for the first time ever. It also served then (as now) as the personal "soundtrack" for a relationship that became a marriage.

That said, I realize how heretical this is . . . but I've been voting out "Man Out Of Time" since Round 1. I know it's a favorite (and a concert staple for many tours), and it's not that I don't like it (see above), but I would miss it the least in the running order.

Conversely, "Human Hands" "The Loved Ones" ".....and In Every Home" "You Little Fool" "Almost Blue" "Kid About It" "Town Cryer" are essential listening (to me).

Probably explains why I loved The Juliet Letters, Painted From Memory, and North upon first listen - and cherish them still.

Don't get me wrong . . . I can't imagine anyone playing their copies of MAIT TYM AF and Trust more that I did. But even then, "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself" from Live Stiffs just leapt out of the speakers!

For me, EC is first and foremost, a tremendous balladeer. Even before Trust came out - How about his version of "Love For Sale" (with Billy Bremner on Spanish guitar). Goosebumps.

The good news is, after 43 years, there's an EC to fit any (and every) mood! From Tin-Pan Alley, to Jazz, Pop, Country, Soul, Classical, "Rock-and-Roll," and more.

So it's okay if we all don't agree with what the Alien said in Woody Allen's STARDUST MEMORIES (1980): "We enjoy your films . . . particularly the early, funny ones."

These days, I tend to enjoy the "later, un-funny" ones more - which may be an "alien" concept in itself!
kosi559

Post by kosi559 »

Full Disclosure: IbMePdErRoIoAmL is my favorite EC LP of all-time (as noted by the fussy way I typed out the title!). But seriously, I bought it the day it came out on July 2, 1982, (as a 20-year old), and was instantly mesmerized - plus PRINTED LYRICS for the first time ever. It also served then (as now) as the personal "soundtrack" for a relationship that became a marriage.

That said, I realize how heretical this is . . . but I've been voting out "Man Out Of Time" since Round 1. I know it's a favorite (and a concert staple for many tours), and it's not that I don't like it (see above), but I would miss it the least in the running order.

Conversely, "Human Hands" "The Loved Ones" ".....and In Every Home" "You Little Fool" "Almost Blue" "Kid About It" "Town Cryer" are essential listening (to me).

Probably explains why I loved The Juliet Letters, Painted From Memory, and North upon first listen - and cherish them still.

Don't get me wrong . . . I can't imagine anyone playing their copies of MAIT TYM AF and Trust more that I did. But even then, "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself" from Live Stiffs just leapt out of the speakers!

For me, EC is first and foremost, a tremendous balladeer. Even before Trust came out - How about his version of "Love For Sale" (with Billy Bremner on Spanish guitar). Goosebumps.

The good news is, after 43 years, there's an EC to fit any (and every) mood! From Tin-Pan Alley, to Jazz, Pop, Country, Soul, Classical, "Rock-and-Roll," and more.

So it's okay if we all don't agree with what the Alien said in Woody Allen's STARDUST MEMORIES (1980): "We enjoy your films . . . particularly the early, funny ones."

These days, I tend to enjoy the "later, un-funny" ones more - which may be an "alien" concept in itself!
I respect your opinion. If You Little Fool ends up being voted out, I'll also vote out Man Out of Time. Beyond Belief just accomplishes what that song but in a shorter amount of time.
"Can't you see? My band is up there."