If it was 1980, which artist/band would you want Elvis Costello and the Attractions to collaborate with?

Pretty self-explanatory
kosi559

If it was 1980, which artist/band would you want Elvis Costello and the Attractions to collaborate with?

Post by kosi559 »

By collaborate, I mean sing together and write together. An example would be My Brave Face with McCartney
"Can't you see? My band is up there."
Top balcony

Re: If it was 1980, which artist/band would you want Elvis Costello and the Attractions to collaborate with?

Post by Top balcony »

Dylan

Perhaps EC could have saved him from being Saved? :D
Dr. Luther

Re: If it was 1980, which artist/band would you want Elvis Costello and the Attractions to collaborate with?

Post by Dr. Luther »

No collaboration.
In 1980, I wanted my Costello pure Costello.
Goon Squad

Post by Goon Squad »

Dr. Luther wrote:No collaboration.
In 1980, I wanted my Costello pure Costello.
Agreed ! 8)
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

It would have to be Paul Weller!

Here's their live duet - though it's a little later than 1980 - Style Council era.

https://youtu.be/fqrnWsNSlUo
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Elvis and The Jam doing a Beatles EP or LP.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

If Bob wasn't available, I'd have been very happy with a collaboration with Richard Thompson, in 1980 it would have been Richard and Linda Thompson of 'Shoot out the Lights' era, or Ry Cooder who in 1980 was between stints as a touring band leader (following 1979's Bob til you Drop) and a mega successful movie soundtrackist (e.g. Paris,Texas 1984).

As potentially wounderful as these collaborations could have been I wouldn't want it to have interfered with recording of 1980's Get Happy!! which is my joint #1 EC album.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Weller 4ever....two best UK songwriters since the Beatles. Yes, INCLUDING ANYONE YOU NAME. good night