Elvis & the Imposters play Opera theatre, Blackpool , 9th March 2020.

Pretty self-explanatory
krm

Elvis & the Imposters play Opera theatre, Blackpool , 9th March 2020.

Post by krm »

We have to follow the established process here:

Who's going? :-)
Top balcony

Re: Elvis & the Imposters play Opera theatre, Blackpool , 9th March 2020.

Post by Top balcony »

Me - but still seeking a lift :oops: :oops: :oops:

If he repeats last night's performance in Sheffield, I'll be missing the last 45 minutes to get the Last Train back to Scouseland .
So is anyone able to offer me a lift from the Liverpool area or just back? Happy to contribute to petrol, parking etc.
Please send me a PM if you can help
Cheers
Dan ( as in Desperate)
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

This was a foreshortened show although one shouldn’t complain as it was still over an hour abs three quarters. Elvis made a few references to the music hall traditions of both Blackpool and Sunderland and the only track not played so far was Deep Dark Truthful Mirror. The audience was extremely enthusiastic with lots of standing ovations scattered around. Again users weee pouncing on people who recorded too long on their phones :shock: :wink: so I think they were trying to stop any complete song being filmed. Distorted Angel came out again as the only other surprise.the chap next to me agreed with me that it sounded very bass heavy but quite a few forum members thought the balance was great. There were a large number of forum/Facebook members staying at the same hotel ( in Imperial Bedrooms) . This obviously meant no one retired early to compile setlist so that will follow shortly, but it started with the same first five as before with Distorted Angel and Blood And Hit Sauce followed A Face In The Crowd! . Again Davey disappeared into the night but Pete, Steve and Elvis we’re friendly and chatty and posed for numerous photos and signings. You’ll notice I’m not actually making any comments about the show in terms of quality and it’s hard to be completely objective- the playing as always, was exemplary, Elvis’ voice continues to hold up strongly, the girls were a little underrepresented in the mix but maybe the lack of change in the setlist made a bit of a disappointment. Fingers crossed for a change in direction tonight in Edinburgh !
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

sulky lad wrote: There were a large number of forum/Facebook members staying at the same hotel ( in Imperial Bedrooms)
That's class!

Had a great time, terrific as usual to meet pals from this Forum. Deep Dark sounded particularly fantastic. No idea why he played 6 songs less than usual tonight as he seemed chatty and happy throughout. I thought the sound was better mixed than at Sheffield. I stood(ok danced in a hip-restricted shuffley way :D ) at the very back for High Fidelity and Whisper, right next to the mixing desk, where the sound was crystal clear!

Mudchester Thursday
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... _Blackpool

Setlist

01. Strict Time
02. Clubland
03. Green Shirt
04. Accidents Will Happen
05. Watch Your Step
06. Distorted Angel
07. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
08. Deep Dark Truthful Mirror
09. Unwanted Number
10. Watching The Detectives - including Invisible Lady
11. Good Year For The Roses - EC on piano
12. A Face In The Crowd - EC on piano
13. Blood & Hot Sauce - EC on piano
14. Burnt Sugar Is So Bitter
15. High Fidelity
16. From A Whisper To A Scream
17. Alison - including I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
18. Everyday I Write The Book - including Mr. Big Stuff
19. Pump It Up
Encore
20. Oliver's Army
21. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Top balcony wrote:
sulky lad wrote: There were a large number of forum/Facebook members staying at the same hotel ( in Imperial Bedrooms)
That's class!
And that was my joke (but you had to be on the WhatsApp group! :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Lol.... around the world in a day! I feel odd when i acquire sulky or someone else's set, from here or the wiki and then update it at setlist.fm
AND THEN SEE IT GETS SHARED HERE!! :lol: :lol:
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

verbal gymnastics wrote:
Top balcony wrote:
That's class!
And that was my joke (but you had to be on the WhatsApp group! :lol:
All my best jokes are stolen from you although Kjell did say when we were booking up that we should stay in the Imperial bedrooms at the Imperial Hotel - so I’ve pilfered it twice from two different sources - but other pilfering I’ve done is only from the very original souce :wink:
Only alteration to setlist - 99 And A Half Won’t Do is on the end of Unwanted Number and The End Of The Road was tagged on the end of Everyday I Write The Book. Edinburgh will follow on the train back to Blackpool later today !!