What song will Elvis start with at Liverpool on 28th February ?

Pretty self-explanatory
sulky lad

What song will Elvis start with at Liverpool on 28th February ?

Post by sulky lad »

I'm going to go for my previous successful prediction for the Just Trust U.S. tour and say "Strict Time" but as an outsider, and given Liverpool's unassailable lead in the Premiership, how about "Turning The Town Red" not played since 1984 in Liverpool, since 2013 at all and not as a band since October 1984 in Nottingham.
Also, I've still not heard Dr. Luther's Assistant live ever so can that one please get slipped in somewhere ? :wink:
bronxapostle

Re: What song will Elvis start with at Liverpool on 28th February ?

Post by bronxapostle »

One he hadn't played in USA just trust.... LOVERS WALK?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

bronxapostle wrote:One he hadn't played in USA just trust.... LOVERS WALK?
Oh...he did play it thrice. Well something like that RARELY played or never in 2019
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

sulky lad wrote:.... how about "Turning The Town Red" not played since 1984 in Liverpool,
You should know better.
However he played it at the Royal Court on 19th October 1984 and made a comment ( can't remember exactly what, sorry) about the derby the next day. On 20th October 1984 Everton beat Liverpool 1-0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WXPYckaTeM

Seriously, I'd be chuffed if he kicked of this long awaited return to his hometown ( yes I know he has several ) and the UK with "I Hope You're Happy Now", or in response to the rather rundown location of the venue : " Dark End of the Street".

Can't wait
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Top balcony wrote:
sulky lad wrote:.... how about "Turning The Town Red" not played since 1984 in Liverpool,
You should know better.
However he played it at the Royal Court on 19th October 1984 and made a comment ( can't remember exactly what, sorry) about the derby the next day. On 20th October 1984 Everton beat Liverpool 1-0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WXPYckaTeM

Seriously, I'd be chuffed if he kicked of this long awaited return to his hometown ( yes I know he has several ) and the UK with "I Hope You're Happy Now", or in response to the rather rundown location of the venue : " Dark End of the Street".

Can't wait
That's a great shout for a starter - I was going to suggest Waiting For The End Of the World ( shades of the Roundhouse 2016) when I wrongly called it out but IHYHN is a brilliant starter !
Meanwhile hopefully his arrival in the U.K. will spark a little decline at Anfield and they';; fail to match the only Invincibles so far in this League :wink: