Elvis honored at Spirit of Ireland Gala, October 18, 2019

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis honored at Spirit of Ireland Gala, October 18, 2019

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.broadwayworld.com/off-off-b ... n-20190723

Irish Arts Center Announces Fall 2019 Season

Irish Arts Center (IAC), a multidisciplinary center dedicated to bringing people of all backgrounds together through the excellence and dynamism of Irish arts and culture, announces its Fall 2019 Season. As construction of the New Irish Arts Center progresses, IAC kicks off its final year in its intimate current home with an array of gripping performances and events. (The Center's 51st Street home will be renovated following the opening of the new, adjacent 11th Avenue building). Music programming encompasses exemplars of contemporary classical, trad, jazz, and soaring pop, and the organization is thrilled to honor icon Elvis Costello-deemed one of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time by Rolling Stone-at this year's Spirit of Ireland Gala (October 18). Literary events feature vital voices in poetry and prose and honor legendary contributors to both forms; performances push the boundaries of Irish dance; and, across numerous master classes, talks, and family events, IAC continues to serve as a growing hub for community, conversation, engagement, and education.
(....)
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Man out of Time

Re: Elvis honored at Spirit of Ireland Gala, October 18, 2019

Post by Man out of Time »

Also reported in the Irish Echo on July 24, 2019.

"IAC announces fall season

The 2019 Spirit of Ireland Gala will honor Elvis Costello on Oct. 18, the Irish Arts Center has announced.

That’s just one of a long list of highlights in the IAC’s 2019 Fall Program. Others include the 11th Annual PoetryFest, curated again this year by Nick Laird, on the weekend of Nov. 1-3, and featuring a special tribute to Seamus Heaney.

From Oct. 22-25, David Keenan performs in residence with an eight-piece ensemble, while on Nov. 7, pianist Isabelle O’Connell will perform a repertoire of 20th and 21st century music by Irish composer.

County Clare-born novelist Edna O’Brien will be honored at Symphony Space in association with PEN America on Nov. 13.

From Nov. 14-16, Irish dance artist Colin Dunne’s solo performance from “Concert” is featured in a co-presentation with Baryshnikov Arts Center. Dunne dances to Tommie Potts’s fiddle playing on his 1972 Album “The Liffey Banks.”
Conor O'Brien and EC
Conor O'Brien and EC
dn-300x210.jpg (9.72 KiB) Viewed 13533 times
Elvis Costello with fellow musician Conor O’Brien at the concert given during the Celebration of British and Irish Culture Concert in the Royal Albert Hall in London during President Higgins’s official state visit to the United Kingdom in 2014. ROLLING NEWS IE/ARAS AN UACHTARAIN

I would think it likely that Conor O'Brien or Paul Brady might appear at this event. No clue though as to whether EC himself will perform, but it would seem likely.

I saw the show at the Royal Albert Hall in 2014, and there was a wealth of talent on stage.

MOOT
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

More details of this event including how to order tickets here:

https://irishartscenter.org/images/page ... 155906.pdf

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2019
CIPRIANI 42nd STREET
110 East 42nd Street
New York City

Honoring
ELVIS COSTELLO
Grammy Award-winning
musician and songwriter
and
RICHARD J. DALY
Executive Chairman
Broadridge Financial Solutions

7pm
COCKTAILS
8pm
DINNER, PROGRAM, & PERFOMANCES by
DAVID KEENAN, NORA BROWN with STEPHANIE COLEMAN
and ELVIS COSTELLO
10:30pm
AFTERPARTY
Festive Attire

Tickets start at $1,250, but that does include Cocktails and Dinner.
Spirit Of Ireland Gala 2019
Spirit Of Ireland Gala 2019
2019-10-18 New York poster .jpg (82.23 KiB) Viewed 13161 times
Anyone going?

MOOT
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

MOOT wrote: Anyone going ?
Tickets start at $1,250, but that does include Cocktails and Dinner.
After all the tour tickets this seems quite a snip :wink:
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Imminent.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

To rip off king foyle....

WHO'S GOING?? :lol: :lol:
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

"Wow! For Irish Arts Center awards Elvis Costello playsLast Boat Leaving, which I have never heard live in 30+ years. On piano. That and Face in the Crowd & PLU acoustic. Awesome special #elviscostello night! Wow."

https://twitter.com/MSatlof/status/1185392813128765445
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »