"Plotting our return, early in the Leap Year" (2020 UK tour)

Pretty self-explanatory
Cocktail Murderess

Re: "Plotting our return, early in the Leap Year"

Post by Cocktail Murderess »

39 Steps did a run at the Devonshire Park Theatre in Eastbourne this summer. Eastbourne is Leapy Lee's hometown. :roll:
I keep my lipstick twisted tight.
millaa

Post by millaa »

Cocktail Murderess wrote:
39 Steps did a run at the Devonshire Park Theatre in Eastbourne this summer. Eastbourne is Leapy Lee's hometown. :roll:
Tthe climax of the original '39 Steps' film shot at The Palladium. So maybe another residence there?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

That would be great. I've only seen Elvis there solo (I don't think he played there with the Attractions and I'm sure he's never played there with the Imposters).
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Today;s post
https://twitter.com/ElvisCostello?ref_s ... r%5Eauthor
"Everything he touches turn to excitement" -
must be a gig at VG's house :wink:
Though to be honest, the poster looks like Goon Squad hanging onto his bottle of Stella
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Sean Connery's from Edinburgh, but we've already had an Edinburgh clue I believe.
verbal gymnastics

I’m getting a bit bored with this now. Elvis - can you put me out of my misery.

I’m not even devoting any time to thinking about these anymore!
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Could it be a reference to Sheffield as Pete is originally from Sheffield and he adopted a Bond-like pose in the photos given away with Armed Forces with the flash sports car and two blonde lovelies ? It's about the only connection I can make however tenuous :roll:
I'm struggling to be honest !!
FrankieJ

Post by FrankieJ »

He's dragging this out! I think it's because over the past few years he's created all these new tour themes and he's only really played them in the US. Then the cancelled UK gigs last year I guess many fans were expecting maybe some dates this year. So when he announced yet another new US tour lots of fans on social media asked about UK dates. And these were planned for 2020 so he/they wanted us to know they are happening, but later. Hence the long trail of teasers.

I heard the tour announcement should be this month though so... c'mon, Dec! I've already told everyone if it hits March I'll be spending my 30th "going on tour with Elvis". Not excited or anything! :roll: :roll:
FrankieJ

Post by FrankieJ »

They're re-posting the clues every few hours on Twitter and Facebook so I hope this means the dates are dropping soon.
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

FrankieJ wrote:They're re-posting the clues every few hours on Twitter and Facebook so I hope this means the dates are dropping soon.
I was saying that this morning on the new whats app group I think they are imminent. Lets hope so
Last edited by sheeptotheslaughter on Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
sweetest punch

Re: "Plotting our return, early in the Leap Year" (2020 UK tour?)

Post by sweetest punch »

Last edited by sweetest punch on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Probably just Hammersmith for me this time around
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Annual leave already booked but horrible itinerary - criss-crossing the country north to south and east to west !
Still pleased all my favourite cities are covered even if not my favourite venues ( Cardiff, Sheffield, Bimingham, Nottingham, Liverpool, Edinburgh and Oxford. ) Sadly, no Southend or Plymouth though !
FrankieJ

Post by FrankieJ »

Super excited! Early days, but hoping for London, Oxford and maybe one other - possibly Southampton or Birmingham. Does anyone know if there's general admission or seated tickets?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.list.co.uk/article/111504-e ... e-tickets/

Elvis Costello & The Imposters announce UK tour, sign up for presale tickets
Grammy award-winning artist and his band bring their latest show to 13 venues next spring

Elvis Costello & The Imposters have announced a 13-date UK tour for 2020. Tickets for the shows go on sale at 10am on Fri 20 Sep. Presale tickets are available from 10am on Thu 19 Sep. Sign up below to receive the presale link straight to your inbox.

Elvis Costello & The Imposters are set to take their Just Trust tour across North America this autumn ahead of the 2020 UK dates. The tour follows the band's recent jaunt with Blondie, whom they co-headlined with across the US.

Grammy award-winner Elvis Costello has released 30 albums since he began putting out music in 1970. His impressive list of accolades also includes his induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and a place on Rolling Stone's list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.

To top it all off, Elvis Costello was recently awarded the Lifetime Achievement Honor at the Americana Honors & Awards show for his work. Elvis Costello & The Imposters – Steve Nieve, Davey Faragher and Pete Thomas – released their latest record Look Now in 2018 and it reached No. 14 on the UK album chart.

Elvis Costello & The Imposters UK tour kicks off on Fri 28 Feb at Olympia in Liverpool and runs right through until Wed 18 Mar where things wrap up at Birmingham Symphony Hall.

Elvis Costello & The Imposters 2020 tour dates:
Fri 28 Feb – Olympia, Liverpool
Sun 1 Mar – Mayflower Theatre, Southampton
Mon 2 Mar – Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham
Tue 3 Mar – Sunderland Empire Theatre
Thu 5 Mar – SEC Armadillo, Glasgow
Sat 7 Mar – Sheffield City Hall
Mon 9 Mar – Blackpool Opera House
Tue 10 Mar – Usher Hall, Edinburgh
Thu 12 Mar – Palace Theatre, Manchester
Fri 13 Mar – Eventim Apollo, London
Sat 15 Mar – New Theatre, Oxford
Sun 16 Mar – Millennium Centre, Wales
Wed 18 Mar – Birmingham Symphony Hall

Presale tickets for Elvis Costello & The Imposters are available at 10am on Thu 19 Sep. Sign up below to receive the presale link straight to your inbox. We'll send a single message and that's it. Tickets for Elvis Costello & The Imposters go on sale at 10am on Fri 20 Sep.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Top balcony

Re: "Plotting our return, early in the Leap Year" (2020 UK tour)

Post by Top balcony »

Fri 28 Feb – Olympia, Liverpool, venue have just told me : 1200 standing, 750 unreserved seating on lower and upper balconies : all £45 plus booking fee.

Still weighing up my tactics, possibility of standing here and sitting in Sheffield on my birthday.
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Sat 7 Mar – Sheffield City Hall- tickets £50/£55/£65/£75/£85/£95

£95 !!!!!!!!!!!!!, plus booking fee that will be over a hundred quid,
verbal gymnastics

I can't wait to see the Hammersmith prices! I wasn't able to find anything earlier.
FrankieJ

Post by FrankieJ »

Thanks for the info! I read there’s a presale on the 18th and the 19th before general sale on the 20th. Was that maybe a typo or is there really two presales?
verbal gymnastics

I’ve had links to presales on Wednesday and Thursday.

By the way it’s my birthday on Friday 20th so if any forum members want to buy me a ticket for a show then please feel free to. Nothing less than the first 3 rows of the front stalls in non-standing venues.

Ladies - please form an orderly queue to give me those birthday kisses. In the interests of equality this applies to everybody. :lol:
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

FrankieJ wrote:Thanks for the info! I read there’s a presale on the 18th and the 19th before general sale on the 20th. Was that maybe a typo or is there really two presales?
I had to ring the venues, with varied results :Liverpool were great - Sheffield could only advise the bandwidths not where they will apply, also rang Palace Manchester who thanked me for advising them that EC was playing there in March, as there was 'nothing on their system'.

Elvis' website has presale showing from 18th at 10 BST, it could be a typo cos the helpful guy at the Olympia said their presale starts on 19th, but I'll try EC's link anyway!
verbal gymnastics

But Thursday doesn’t work for me :cry:
verbal gymnastics

Cocktail Murderess informed me that The Waterboys and Nick Lowe are supporting Elvis in Sheffield.

If this is the case throughout the tour I do not have a problem but my concerns are that a) the high ticket prices and b) (more importantly) with two other artists on the bill Elvis will play a shorter set.

For arguments sake a running timetable could be along the lines of:

The Waterboys 7.45pm to 8.15pm
Nick Lowe 8.30pm to 9.15pm
Elvis 9.30pm to 11pm

As much as I love Nick Lowe and Elvis, if I stump up what could be £75 or so per gig then I would want a longer Elvis show.

This is of course me speculating but it could be for health reasons.

I would strongly emphasise that this is only a personal view and is pre-match conjecture.
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Cocktail Murderess informed me that The Waterboys and Nick Lowe are supporting Elvis in Sheffield.

I saw that on one website - I think it's just a lazy cut and paste from a journalist, using the bio for the Blenheim Palace gig a couple of years ago. There's no way that is going out on the road as a tour - I doubt there will be any support.

The tour is very hither and thither as Sulky says. East and West of England ignored. I expected the customary omission of Norwich (not one to forgive and forget, our Elvis) but no Cambridge or Southend and no Bristol or Plymouth either. Boo, hoo. Just need to work out a sensible route for a few of these. There does appear to be presales starting both Wed and Thurs as far as I can see.
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
verbal gymnastics

I think you're right about the lazy cut and paste job and I certainly hope you are.