Elvis & The Imposters play Bethel Woods, NY, July 20, 2019

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis & The Imposters play Bethel Woods, NY, July 20, 2019

Post by Man out of Time »

Preview in the Poughkeepsie Journal of this show, where EC and the Is share the headline billing with Blondie. Published on 2 April 2019 and the author is John W. Barry.

"Elvis Costello, Blondie to play Bethel Woods, original Woodstock site

Elvis Costello & The Imposters and Blondie will co-headline a show on July 20 at Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, on the Woodstock site in Sullivan County.

Tickets go on-sale at 10 a.m. Saturday at http://www.bethelwoodscenter.org, and http://www.ticketmaster.com. Tickets can also be purchased by calling 1-800-745-3000. A presale for Bethel Woods members begins 10 a.m. Wednesday.

Tickets cost $48-$171.50 for reserved seating; $36.50 for lawn tickets; and $118 for a four-pack of lawn tickets.
Kelsea McCulloch/PTG Live Events
Kelsea McCulloch/PTG Live Events
Poughkeepsie Journal 2 April 2019.jpeg (66.13 KiB) Viewed 12721 times
Costello is well-known for a career framed by hits that include “Alison” and “Watching The Detectives.” Blondie is known for the songs “Heart Of Glass” and “The Tide Is High,” among many other hits.

Bethel Woods sits on the property that Aug. 15-18, 1969, hosted the Woodstock Music and Art Fair. The famous festival featured musical performances by Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Richie Havens and many others.

Bethel Woods is marking this year’s 50th anniversary of Woodstock with “A Season of Song and Celebration,” an ongoing series of events.

The 2019 calendar at Bethel Woods includes a Woodstock exhibit open now at the Museum at Bethel Woods; the Mountain Jam music festival June 13-16; comedian Adam Sandler June 23; musician Gordon Lightfoot August 1-2; Ringo Starr Aug. 16; and Santana Aug. 17.

Visit http://www.bethelwoodscenter.org for information."

What is the betting EC plays "Sulphur to Sugarcane"? Anyone going to find out?

MOOT
bronxapostle

Re: Elvis & The Imposters play Bethel Woods, NY, July 20, 2019

Post by bronxapostle »

the "Who's going?" bump.... enjoy show one. 8)
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Wow....how cool is THAT????

Can't you just hear Debbie and Elvis singing Joni's WOODSTOCK?????
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Interesting to see Elvis' name above Blondies and not "Down Among The Wines And Spirits" !
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sulky lad wrote:Interesting to see Elvis' name above Blondies and not "Down Among The Wines And Spirits" !
Did you doubt that HE WILL HEADLINE NIGHTLY? I love Blondie over 40 years too....but, but, but IT'S ELVIS!!!!
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... -20_Bethel

01. Pump It Up
02. Clubland
03. Accidents Will Happen
04. Green Shirt
05. Photographs Can Lie
06. Burnt Sugar Is So Bitter
07. This Year's Girl
08. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
09. Beyond Belief
10. Kinder Murder
11. Watching The Detectives
12. Deep Dark Truthful Mirror
13. Alison
14. Unwanted Number
15. High Fidelity
16. Everyday I Write The Book - including Mr. Big Stuff
Encore 1
17. Radio, Radio
18. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

This Year’s Girl: https://youtu.be/D4XlXTHrXTg
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/elv ... ur-opener/

Elvis Costello And Blondie Deliver Early Hits At Co-Headline Tour Opener
Each included tracks from the late-1970s era when Costello and Blondie did friendly chart battle in the UK bestsellers.

Elvis Costello and the Imposters opened their much-anticipated co-headlining US tour (announced in April) on Saturday (20) at Bethel Woods Centre for the Arts in Bethel, NY. Each played to the memories of some of their fans by including tracks from the era when Costello and Blondie did friendly chart battle in the UK bestsellers.

In March 1979, the two acts shared space in the British top ten, when ‘Oliver’s Army’ sat at No. 2 as ‘Heart Of Glass’ was in retreat after a month at No. 1. Two weeks earlier, Blondie’s Parallel Lines reached the UK album chart summit for the first time as Costello’s Armed Forces, with the Attractions, sat at No. 4, having previously reached No. 2.

“Elvis still has it. Loved him for 30 years,” wrote one fan of Costello’s performance, which featured an opening salvo of early-period favourites, ‘Pump It Up,’ ‘Clubland,’ ‘Accidents Will Happen’ and ‘Green Shirt.’ Elvis’ set also had room for several tracks from the 2018 album Look Now, with ‘Photographs Can Lie,’ ‘Burnt Sugar Is So Bitter’ and ‘Unwanted Number.’

Costello highlighted other numbers from his early years including ‘This Year’s Girl,’ ‘(I Don’t Want To Go To) Chelsea’ and ‘Watching The Detectives.’ He closed with ‘High Fidelity’ and ‘Every Day I Write The Book’ before encoring with ‘Radio Radio’ and his familiar personalisation of the Brinsley Schwarz gem written by his erstwhile producer Nick Lowe, ‘(What’s So Funny ’bout) Peace, Love and Understanding.’

Blondie opened with ‘Call Me,’ leading into the even earlier ‘One Way Or Another’ and including other landmarks such as their 1999 UK No. 1 reunion hit ‘Maria’ and the rap-influenced ‘Rapture.’ They also delivered ‘Picture This,’ ‘The Tide Is High,’ the aforementioned ‘Heart Of Glass’ and ‘Dreaming.’ Perhaps their biggest surprise came with a cover of a song that will define the zeitgeist of 2019 for many, Lil Nas X’s ‘Old Town Road.’
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.