Elvis Costello & The Imposters 7” Look Now vinyl box set - reduced to $11.99

Pretty self-explanatory
verbal gymnastics

Re: Elvis Costello & The Imposters 7” Look Now vinyl box set will now be out MAY 8, 2019

Post by verbal gymnastics »

The poll question we really want is

Are we not all collector scum in this forum?

Yes
No

:lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
FAVEHOUR

Re: Elvis Costello & The Imposters 7” Look Now vinyl box set will now be out MAY 8, 2019

Post by FAVEHOUR »

verbal gymnastics wrote:The poll question we really want is

Are we not all collector scum in this forum?

Yes
No

:lol:
I certainly am. I don't think there will be 4 new songs, I think I waited in line and bought them last month and I don't really have a working turntable. So I'd like not to be messed around when it comes to getting what I ordered in my delirium.
jardine

Post by jardine »

there had better be four new songs after all this mess. i ordered purse [hasn't come yet either] but then got its four songs off youtube already. clumsy at best.
IbMePdErRoIoAmL

Post by IbMePdErRoIoAmL »

I just received this email:

Thank you for the incredible patience with your order of the exclusive Elvis Costello LOOK NOW 7" box set (with ten 7" vinyl). Due to additional production delays with the tri-color vinyl, and the different boxes needed for the ten vinyl edition, shipments had to be pushed back a few more days. All orders will now ship by FRIDAY, MAY 17.

Some good news: we originally planned to ship eight of the tri-color 7" vinyl with the box, followed by the last two tri-color 7" vinyl. We are now shipping ALL ten 7" tri-color vinyl in the numbered boxes - together. In other words - your shipment will include everything.

We do appreciate your support, and look forward to everyone receiving this exclusive edition.

Oh, good... another delay. I, for one, am very suspicious that this will indeed ship 17 May. We'll see.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

IbMePdErRoIoAmL wrote:I just received this email:

We are now shipping ALL ten 7" tri-color vinyl in the numbered boxes - together. In other words - your shipment will include everything.
Perhsps this was their strategy ALL ALONG??? With inordinately expensive shipping rates being the new norm, THIS actually makes good business sense on very many levels.
cwr

Post by cwr »

Count me among those who just aren't that bothered about a manufacturing delay for a luxury collectors' item. More people have posted about the shipping delay than about the 4 new recordings we got so far this year, all of which are terrific.

I sure hope that the 4 new tracks aren't the same ones from Purse, but even if they are, I'm not going to be that annoyed. I feel lucky that EC is still with us and is making records again...
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Michael on Facebook -

Just got this:

"Thank you for the incredible patience with your order of the exclusive Elvis Costello LOOK NOW 7" box set (with ten 7" vinyl). Due to additional production delays with the tri-color vinyl, and the different boxes needed for the ten vinyl edition, shipments had to be pushed back a few more days. All orders will now ship by FRIDAY, MAY 17."
millaa

Re: Elvis Costello & The Imposters 7” Look Now vinyl box set All orders will now ship by FRIDAY, MAY 17

Post by millaa »

It's only a week, so no problem at all. I wish they'd confirm what the extra tracks are, it may sway some (inc me) to cancel.
jardine

Re: Elvis Costello & The Imposters 7” Look Now vinyl box set All orders will now ship by FRIDAY, MAY 17

Post by jardine »

and if they are new songs, it might encourage some to purchase who haven't. can't quite see why they are not saying, but, then again, the whole thing has been strange.
millaa

Post by millaa »

Yes. I wonder why this wasn't released at the time of the album. It seems a bit random, like an after thought. OR, they felt they went OTT with bundles for the album release, which of course they did but I have no problem with it. Artists do what they have to to shift albums these days,
IbMePdErRoIoAmL

Post by IbMePdErRoIoAmL »

cwr wrote:Count me among those who just aren't that bothered about a manufacturing delay for a luxury collectors' item. More people have posted about the shipping delay than about the 4 new recordings we got so far this year, all of which are terrific.

I sure hope that the 4 new tracks aren't the same ones from Purse, but even if they are, I'm not going to be that annoyed. I feel lucky that EC is still with us and is making records again...
It's not the manufacturing delay that irritates me; it's the fact that at no point did I receive anything like a notification concerning those delays. I don't do social media so if it wasn't for this sight I might never have learned of the delays in the first place. They (Second City) were lightning fast in taking my payment & have no problem contacting me with offers of other junk they think I might want to purchase. But other than that... crickets. And, as I wrote previously, when I did contact them to inquire as to the status of the order, their response was less than helpful. All-in-all it's not a hanging matter. But it's damned poor customer service.
Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif »

Ah, it's Friday the 17th!

Has anyone seen any boats leaving the harbour? With stacks of colourful boxes on board preferably? :D
verbal gymnastics

They'll be on the Last Boat Leaving of course! :lol:
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://looknow.elviscostello.com/produc ... 1000-units

Look Now Deluxe 7” Box Set Edition (ten 7” vinyl) + Look Now Vinyl Coaster Set + Adapter - Limited to 1000 Units

TRACK LISTING:
Disc 1
Don’t Look Now
Under Lime

Disc 2
Stripping Paper
Burnt Sugar Is So Bitter

Disc 3
I Let The Sun Go Down
Unwanted Number

Disc 4
Photographs Can Lie
Mr. & Mrs. Hush

Disc 5
Suspect My Tears
Dishonor The Stars

Disc 6
He’s Given Me Things
Why Won’t Heaven Help Me?

Disc 7
Adieu Paris (L’Envie Des Etoiles)
Isabelle In Tears

Disc 8
You Shouldn’t Look At Me That Way
The Final Mrs. Curtain

Disc 9
Everyone’s Playing House
The Lovers That Never Were

Disc 10
If You Love Me
Down On The Bottom
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
jardine

Post by jardine »

not sure what to say. wish i hadn't order the purse e.p. got the songs for free on line. i know full well how downloading like that ain't a good thing, but if i like things i download, i will buy the product if i can.

this four song repeat makes me MORE likely to simply not pay any more unless i have to. combining the inept timelines for this release with the repeat of songs already bought. not good.

and i'm the guy who likes his artwork!
cwr

Post by cwr »

Sigh. Well, it was a badly planned surprise, certainly, considering that the venn disgram of people who might buy this deluxe box set and people who might buy a 12" Costello record store day EP is two circles that are overlapping to the point that they are close to being one circle.

It feels like the reveal of the 4 mystery songs-- clearly a big selling point-- was withheld until the day that orders shipped, to keep folks from canceling if they already owned all the tracks.

I don't regret the purchase-- I love the album and am positively inclined to buy something like this as a related kind of art object-- but I think it would've been a lot cooler to fans & supporters if they had just put 4 different outtakes on the RSD Purse ep to keep this "exclusive."

I kind of think it would be a nice gesture to provide people who ordered this with some additional downloads of a few demos or outtakes from the sessions. But that's just wishful thinking on my part. If a download code for the Look Now demos was emailed to everybody who pre-ordered this, I bet it would sooth the feelings of those who feel like this was a delayed bait-and-switch.
verbal gymnastics

If the box set had been released when it was originally scheduled, the Purse EP would have given fans who had bought the box set a different perspective.

This has been poor. I wonder what Elvis makes of the way it’s been handled.
millaa

Post by millaa »

Well it's a manufacturing problem, which I suspect the original batch was rejected and all made again. It's not EC's fault as such.

However, Second City have to be the worse D2C company I have dealt with and this is where EC should be looking to change. Appalling communication, and lack of active responses to emails.

I actually have emailed them twice over the past few weeks to ask when the box was shipping and yet to receive a reply.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

verbal gymnastics wrote:If the box set had been released when it was originally scheduled, the Purse EP would have given fans who had bought the box set a different perspective.
Even when the main box set was scheduled for March 1, the mystery 45s with the Purse songs were supposed to ship separately in late May.
verbal gymnastics

millaa wrote:It's not EC's fault as such
I’m not suggesting it was. I just wondered what he makes of it.
And No Coffee Table wrote:
verbal gymnastics wrote:If the box set had been released when it was originally scheduled, the Purse EP would have given fans who had bought the box set a different perspective.
Even when the main box set was scheduled for March 1, the mystery 45s with the Purse songs were supposed to ship separately in late May.
True. But I bet there would have been a fair degree of disappointment as to what the mystery songs were when they arrived in May given the release on Record Store Day.
millaa

Post by millaa »

verbal gymnastics wrote:
millaa wrote:It's not EC's fault as such
I’m not suggesting it was. I just wondered what he makes of it.
And No Coffee Table wrote:
True. But I bet there would have been a fair degree of disappointment as to what the mystery songs were when they arrived in May given the release on Record Store Day.
I wasn't pointing at you, just generally.

Well, my understanding is labels have to manufacture their RSD stock in December to Jan in order to qualify for the day. So that would mean, the label always knew these would be released outside the box anyway. Poor all round really. Especially when there are those 10" singles recently that you can't get anywhere.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

so mine shipped on the 16th from Batavia, IL. Four days later, it's made it all the way to Chicago! Delviery expected by the 25th, 9 days after it was shipped. I'm sure it will be in pristine condition.

Will this ever end?
jardine

Post by jardine »

i live in a rural spot in western canada. expecting it by Canada Day (July 1, btw). 2020. don't know whether to smile wryly or smirk. feeling mixed emojis, i guess? what a weird mess. "It's not EC's fault as such" -- yes, it's not. However, the "as such" hesitation is important -- it does "reflect" on him, unfortunately. But i don't really know exactly how.

I sincere hope that it doesn't lead to EC hesitating to take chances in making beautiful objects. Despite the song duplication, i'm anticipating a lovely "thing."
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Photos of received copies are appearing on Facebook-

jardine

Post by jardine »

arrived today. despite all the kerfuffle, it is a beautiful thing. happy.