Steve Nieve does soundtrack to Don't Forget Me , 2017, released 15 Nov. 2018

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Steve Nieve does soundtrack to Don't Forget Me , 2017, released 15 Nov. 2018

Post by johnfoyle »

Steve Nieve posts to Facebook on Nov. 30 -

Traveling by train, early morning, to the film festival in Turino. I've a filmscore on a film in the festival.

http://torinofilmfest.org/film/31640/al ... i-oti.html

Steve posts on Dec. 1st -

Turin, beautiful city, and a warm, appreciative reception for the film. I’ll post a couple of videos when I get home. It was great to meet everyone in the flesh, after getting to know them so well on the celluloid. What’s next... the film will journey to more festivals and eventually reach the wider public. It’s a film that will touch everyone. Without giving the story away I would describe it as a strange Romeo and Juliet story.. Romeo (Neil) is a schizophrenic tuba player, who believes he has been invited to join a famous rock band. His Juliet (Tom) is suffering from a serious anorexia nervosa. Powerful dialogues, a very moving picture.

johnfoyle

Re: Steve Nieve does soundtrack to Don't Forget Me , 2017

Post by johnfoyle »

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ds-1063769

'Don’t Forget Me' Sweeps Turin Film Festival Awards

Steve told me, via Facebook - I composed, performed and recorded the score, working closely with Ram and Nitai to find the intention they were after. They love music, Nitai is also a musician, so it was interesting working with them. I would love to work with them again. Also the film they wrote together, with Moon, is a wonderful story, dark and strong, with humor. I hope it gets shown everywhere...
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Nitai Gvirtz , screenwriter and actor in Don't Forget Me , writes on Facebook

1 December at 19:49 ·

About a year ago, Ram called me up saying that our German producer christoph petzenhauser got in touch with a British musician/composer name Steve to start working on the music for our film.

Steve immediately sent some wonderful music, we got on skype, he was super nice, so modest and easy going, we had a cool talk and off he went back to work and kept on sending amazing options and ideas.

A few days later, I set down with christoph and ram for a drink and christoph was like-
"you guys know who Steve is, right?"

"It's Steve nieve, the keyboardist/pianist from Elvis Costello and the attractions/imposters"

All I could think or say at that moment was a long "fuuuucccckkkk..." As my jaw hits the table- I was shocked. I'm still a bit shocked...

This man is a legend, for me and for so many people, musicians or not. obviously- rock n' roll hall of famer and one of a very few musicians who actually changed something in the sound and creativity of how popular and indie music have been played for the last 40 years throughout the world.
When you think of Elvis's songs you fucking remember that intense unusual piano hitting with these low fi distorted keys, Providing such unique intensity and classic melodies, supporting king Costello in he's own front man world class magical songs and vocals.

Steve has done so much, composing, arrangements, collaborating with so many top greats and I will add he's wiki here just for show(off).
But after all this long intro-

I just want to write a public thanks to my new friend.
and tell him how lucky and grateful we all are to have such an amazing, kind and talented man on our team, who provided us with such beautiful music, with "love and understanding" (Wonderful Elvis song) for the film and characters.

He says that he fell in love with the film right away- we (I) fell in love with his incredible music and persona, in a sec.
So special. Wow.

Ciao from Torino,
Nitai
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

This may have been posted elsewhere, but was new to me today.

On Steve's own website there is a link to a "show reel" of music he has written for film, TV and commercials. He is seriously inviting film makers to work with him on the music for their films. The link for "One Shot of Happy - The Film Music of Steve Nieve " is here:

Music 4 films

I for one did not know Steve had written the music for a Lloyds Bank TV commercial.

A nice mix of styles, and quite different from his work with EC.
From http://www.stevenieve.com/beta/file_5.html
From http://www.stevenieve.com/beta/file_5.html
SN.jpg (33.87 KiB) Viewed 14062 times
Not sure why S***g becomes "Mr Summers".

MOOT
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Nov. 25 2018 is being listed as a release date for this

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7679200/?ref_=m_nm_knf_t1
bronxapostle

Re: Steve Nieve does soundtrack to Don't Forget Me , 2017, released 15 Nov. 2018

Post by bronxapostle »

Oddly enough, and i imagine entirely unrelated, i once saw Steve play a song titled exactly the same. A 2009 Spectacle taping, with Neko Case...i believe it was unaired and strictly a duet by the two. A good tune it was....i can check.
FAVEHOUR

Re: Steve Nieve does soundtrack to Don't Forget Me , 2017, released 15 Nov. 2018

Post by FAVEHOUR »

bronxapostle wrote:Oddly enough, and i imagine entirely unrelated, i once saw Steve play a song titled exactly the same. A 2009 Spectacle taping, with Neko Case...i believe it was unaired and strictly a duet by the two. A good tune it was....i can check.
That's a Harry Nilsson song, it was aired.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Oh great....thanks Dave
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

no problem!
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

I am missing Steve's Thursday afternoon live broadcast on Facebook. I wonder if he will start them again once the touring is finished