Elvis guesting on Clover reunion album , 2018 - cd on sale in Mill Valley , July 2018

Pretty self-explanatory
emotional_fascism076

Re: Elvis guesting on Clover reunion album , 2018

Post by emotional_fascism076 »

Thanks for posting the link. Kind of a Brodsky Quartet feel to it.
Who on earth is tapping at the window?
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis guesting on Clover reunion album , 2018

Post by johnfoyle »

Today Mitch Howie posted this on the Facebook page for Clover -

There is a limited supply of the new CD at Mill Valley Music drop by and pick one up!!!
- you can order one from millvalleymusic@gmail.com

https://www.millvalleymusic.com/

Mill Valley Music
320 Miller Avenue
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Phone: (415) 389-9090

I've emailed them - lets see what happens .
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis guesting on Clover reunion album , 2018 - cd on sale in Mill Valley , July 2018

Post by johnfoyle »

Mill Valley replied , saying they take PayPal and were checking costs of post to Ireland.
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis guesting on Clover reunion album , 2018 - cd on sale in Mill Valley , July 2018

Post by johnfoyle »

$29/€27 - €15 for CD, €14 for postage to Ireland.

A bit steep if it was just for the one song featuring Elvis but as I'm a fan of Clover it's worth it for all the rest.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

I posted this on a Facebook page for Clover-

Thank you for doing this album. After a week of hearing it I gave the original versions a spin. Your intention of doing better versions quickly makes sense. I'll always like the rawness and directness but finally these songs have that extra swing that they always need. Could You Call It Love is a good example. In the Fantasy take it starts abruptly and feels forced. Now it is immeasurably more nuanced, more persuasive. The same upgrade in subtlety applies to the rest of the songs. It's pointless at this stage to wonder what would have happened if the songs had come out that way back in the day. I daresay it must be satisfying to finally close the circle and achieve the vision. It's a tribute to the memory of past members, emphasised by how well they work with the tune for John Ciambiotti.

The track with Elvis Costello is , of course, a most welcome addition. It was timely to hear it as two tracks were released from his forthcoming album. I gather his contribution to this album was mostly recorded in 2015. His take on Mr Moon features a glorious mix of string quartet and rock dynamics. Interestingly , so do, to an extent, his newer tracks, recorded this past April. Given his willingness right through his career to delve magpie like into multiple genres it may be that he happily took on board lessons from his experience with you and applied it to his new venture.

Thanks again and good luck with the album.