Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis and The Imposters , Port Chester , March 8 2018

Post by johnfoyle »

Who's going ?
bronxapostle

Re: Elvis and The Imposters , Port Chester , March 8 2018

Post by bronxapostle »

ME....a special night numerology wise for brotherapostle and me. GET LOST SNOWSTORM!! :evil: :twisted: :evil:
stricttime81

Post by stricttime81 »

#metoo
AKA: Mike the Lawyer
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

stricttime81 wrote:#metoo
:lol: :lol:
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

docinportchester will attend
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

docinwestchester wrote:docinportchester will attend
Hope doc will rescue me if my old Honda can not drive there. :oops:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Loved it...

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/elvis-co ... f8e4b.html

Yes, CUPID was just a couple lines a capella before Matches during SAM story
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:Loved it...

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/elvis-co ... f8e4b.html

Yes, CUPID was just a couple lines a capella before Matches during SAM story
There you go again, trying to keep increasing that song count of yours...
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Hey, for 39 years now i have tallied any fragment, tidbit, or lines sung or even any overt instrumental portions played from various songs to increase my numbers. Nothing new...cant wait to see more and more. Lol
docinwestchester

No doubt. You have been completely consistent in your archiving.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Who was "Happy Birthday" for?
docinwestchester

And No Coffee Table wrote:Who was "Happy Birthday" for?
Steve - again!
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

I guess it's his birthday all year.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... rt_Chester

01. Wonder Woman
02. Girls Talk
03. Big Tears
04. Miracle Man
05. Radio, Radio
06. This Is Hell
07. Come The Meantimes
08. Green Shirt
09. Watching The Detectives
10. Motel Matches - including Cupid
11. So Like Candy
12. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
13. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
14. Beyond Belief
15. I Want You
Encore 1:
16. Alison
17. A Face In The Crowd
18. Blood & Hot Sauce
19. Accidents Will Happen
20. Shot With His Own Gun
21. Poor Fractured Atlas
22. This Year's Girl
23. Happy Birthday To You - for Steve Nieve (Feb. 21)
24. You Shouldn't Look At Me That Way
25. God Give Me Strength
Encore 2:
26. Less Than Zero
27. Waiting For The End Of The World
28. Blue Chair
29. Everyday I Write The Book
30. Pump It Up
31. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?

Source: setlist.fm
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

docinwestchester wrote:No doubt. You have been completely consistent in your archiving.
Yes indeed...and at my setlist.fm posting, someone edited A LOVE SUPREME into GIRL'S TALK. I need to go listen for that and/or await some nunki verification.
docinwestchester

Some thoughts:

I was not in Brooklyn, but will be at all 3 Port Chester shows. The band sounds great. The Steve-EC segment was my favorite part, and definitely the part of the setlist that will vary each night. He called "Poor Fractured Atlas" the part of the evening when we put on our smoking jackets. He had the lyrics on an electronic tablet but didn't seem to need it. The highlight of the night for me. The segment flowed nicely into "This Year's Girl," which was the full band acoustic version without backup singers. Looking forward to more duets over the next 2 nights.

The rest of the setlist appears to be static based on a comparison with Brooklyn. Elvis mentioned the new album. He seemed pleasantly surprised with the fact that he is actually going back to the concept of record making. He said that he will not be playing any of the new songs during this run, but he will be back again to play them for us. It reminded me of the interview in which he said that there's always someone in the audience with a "record button" ready to document things that may not be in their final version yet. So clearly a new album tour will follow the release of the new album. Just like the good old days of the record industry.

I always keep an eye on what Steve is doing and noticed that he took that Werlitzer keyboard from the LA recording studio and used it a lot. It added a nice dimension to the sound.

More to come...
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Mixed feelings but positive overall

Good: interesting mix of material, a few songs I haven't heard in years. Loved hearing Atlas again! Big Tears, a song I always want to love but don't, was great.

Bummer: no new songs at all. My expectations were for a half dozen or so new tunes scattered in. Can't believe we got more new tunes last summer than now.

Good: sound mix in third row was much improved. Could finally hear the guitar solos, Steve's keyboards, and the backup singers.

Bummer: the low notes on the bass and the bass drum were so loud and low they distorted, and marred much of the show. This may have been a problem only up close. There were speakers on the floor right in front. Maybe one was defective. Sure hope they adjust this tonight. On ballads like You Shouldn't or GYMS, the bass notes were way out of whack. Not Davey's fault, he was great. Sound problem.

Good: Elvis in very strong voice. He seemed a little worn out on the IB tour, but really strong last night on the ballads and the raucous stuff too.

Overall, fun show marred only by the bass mix. Tonight, knowing no new songs are coming, should be able to enjoy more. Have wanted to see a non-programmed, non-thematic Imposters show for a while and this is it.

Dave
docinwestchester

No sound problems in the balcony.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

That's what I thought. Think it was the proximity to those speakers. Ah well
stricttime81

Post by stricttime81 »

Generally agree with Doc's take, although I thought the overall performance in Brooklyn was much better. A little disappointed that the set list was largely the same as the night before. However, Poor Fractured Atlas was worth the price of admission alone.

It is possible my perception was affected by the idiots surrounding me in the balcony. Constant talking during any "non-hit" songs, including during the quietest parts of God Give Me Strength. Also so many people getting up and down and walking through the aisles to get drinks, bathroom, etc. Then these two people almost got into a fist fight and security had to be called. Some guy asked this "superfan" woman to sit down because she was standing and dancing the whole concert and blocking his view, and she went off on him "Jersey Housewives" style lol. The whole atmosphere up there was just very distracting! Glad I'm down front the next two shows :lol:
AKA: Mike the Lawyer
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

docinwestchester wrote: The segment flowed nicely into "This Year's Girl," which was the full band acoustic version without backup singers.
PRETTY sure TYG was only E and Steve good doc...according to my notes and my memory too. i remember thinking the band would join halfway through...but they never did it. maybe we can hope for a video upload from some kind taper sort for verification purposes. AND HOW ABOUT THAT VERSION of COME THE MEANTIMES??? quite different than the bossanova take on the solo tour in 2013 and a couple subsequent IMPOSTERS shows soon behind in 2014. AND much different too than the RIGGINS remix that THE ROOTS uncorked at the Capitol Port Chester four years ago coming next week. i think i will call last nights take...THE JIMI HENDRIX version!!! he was kicking balls on guitar for 3 or 4 songs last night. :lol: :lol:
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:
docinwestchester wrote: The segment flowed nicely into "This Year's Girl," which was the full band acoustic version without backup singers.
PRETTY sure TYG was only E and Steve good doc...according to my notes and my memory too. i remember thinking the band would join halfway through...but they never did it. maybe we can hope for a video upload from some kind taper sort for verification purposes. AND HOW ABOUT THAT VERSION of COME THE MEANTIMES??? quite different than the bossanova take on the solo tour in 2013 and a couple subsequent IMPOSTERS shows soon behind in 2014. AND much different too than the RIGGINS remix that THE ROOTS uncorked at the Capitol Port Chester four years ago coming next week. i think i will call last nights take...THE JIMI HENDRIX version!!! he was kicking balls on guitar for 3 or 4 songs last night. :lol: :lol:
You are correct sir. Just Steve and EC on guitar. Great duet!

That was the best version of Come The Meantimes so far. Beats the bossa nova version by a mile. Yeah, EC definitely did some shredding last night with those little hands of concrete.