Elvis Costello is the voice of “Mr Pete The Cat’s Dad” in Pete the Cat: A Groovy New Year,Dec. 2017

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis Costello is the voice of “Mr Pete The Cat’s Dad” in Pete the Cat: A Groovy New Year,Dec. 2017

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.animationmagazine.net/top-st ... ume-quest/

Amazon Greenlights Original Toons ‘Pete the Cat’ & ‘Costume Quest’

Amazon has ordered two new animated titles for its Amazon Original Kids Series slate: Pete the Cat, based on the award-winning book series, and Costume Quest, inspired by the hit videogames. Attached to the projects are top names in kids entertainment Jeff “Swampy” Marsh, Will McRobb and Frederator founder Fred Seibert. Both series are expected to debut on Prime Video next year.

“The creative talent behind Pete the Cat and Costume Quest have a sensibility and pedigree that will resonate well with our customers,” said Tara Sorensen, Head of Kids Programming at Amazon Studios. “We are thrilled to be working with such innovative and visionary thinkers in the business.”

Based on the award-winning book series by illustrator/creator and consulting producer James Dean, Pete the Cat is an animated kids series that has been ordered straight-to-series for 14 episodes. The show follows Pete the Cat, the coolest cat ever and his groovy guide to life—from rockin’ out with his guitar to riding a skateboard. Slated to voice Pete’s parents are musical luminaries Elvis Costello and Diana Krall.

The series is a co-production with Alcon Television Group and will be developed by Jeff “Swampy” Marsh (Phineas and Ferb) and Appian Way production company. Marsh will executive produce along with Alcon’s Andrew Kosove, Broderick Johnson, and Laura Lancaster, as well as Appian Way’s Jennifer Davisson. Alcon’s Ben Roberts will serve as producer, with Appian Way’s Nathaniel Posey as co-producer.

Harper Collins has published more than 34 Pete the Cat books, which have been translated into 13 languages and received 18 literacy awards, including the Theodore Geisel Seuss Award.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis and Diana on "Pete the Cat"

Post by johnfoyle »

This seems to be available now

https://www.amazon.com/Teaser-Trailer/d ... y+new+year

https://www.romper.com/p/how-to-watch-p ... me-6737730

'What makes this Pete The Cat holiday musical so cool? There are songs by Canadian jazz singer-songwriter Diana Krall and her husband, Elvis Costello, KT Tunstall, and musician and record producer Don Was for starters. '
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis and Diana on "Pete the Cat", Nov. 2017

Post by johnfoyle »

http://people.com/babies/elvis-costello ... interview/

Elvis Costello Talks Fatherhood and His Unexpected Role on the New Animated Series, Pete the Cat

JORDAN RUNTAGH December 18, 2017

To call Elvis Costello an artistic chameleon is almost too easy. He’s more akin to a Cheshire Cat, appearing and disappearing across the pop music spectrum at will, identifiable only by the sly grin that permeates his work. The breadth of his collaborations are limited only by his own imagination and good taste; over the last two decades he’s played with everyone from the Roots to the Brodsky Quartet, Allen Toussaint to Chet Baker, Marcus Mumford, Roy Orbison, Paul McCartney, Burt Bacharach and — most famously — his crack backing band, the Imposters. So, it makes total sense that he would show up on a kid’s show featuring an animated feline.

The 63-year-old legend has lent his voice to Pete the Cat: A Groovy New Year, Amazon Prime Video’s new series based on the children’s books by Eric Litwin and illustrator James Dean. As well as singing the theme tune, Costello plays the titular character’s endearingly hapless, sax-playing father. In a touch of art imitating life, he’s joined by his wife of 14 years, Canadian jazz virtuoso Diana Krall, who voices Pete’s punk rocker mother. In reality the couple shares (human) twins Dexter Henry Lorcan and Frank Harlan James, 11, but their household is just as musical as their cartoon counterpart.

His turn on Pete the Cat provides Costello yet another opportunity to correct any misconceptions held by unfortunate souls who took him seriously 40 years ago when he joked that his creative fires were fueled solely by “revenge and guilt.” Quite the contrary, he approaches this new role with all compassion and warmth required of fatherhood. It’s a fitting tribute to a relationship that had a significant impact on his musical life. Costello’s own father, Ross MacManus, sang for light entertainment orchestras in postwar Britain, and later worked as a prolific recording artist — releasing low-cost cover versions of contemporary hits in a dizzying array of styles. Observing his father would be a valuable education for Costello, who clearly inherited his genre-spanning gifts.

In anticipation of the upcoming premiere for Pete the Cat: A Groovy New Year on Dec. 26, Costello spoke with PEOPLE about fatherhood, his father, and, of course, music.

What made you decide to sign on to the Pete the Cat series?

I was particularly tickled by the idea that my wife and I would play these two characters. They gave us a little outline and I loved the fact that she was in a cat punk band. She actually plays jazz in real life but that’s the magic of the theatrical animated cartoon. I’m an absentminded handyman who plays a saxophone in his spare time, so we both had reasons to have an instrument in hand. Pete plays the guitar, so there’s music through it. And of course we’re not just singing, we’re also speaking. We saw one of the first episodes and I found it really touching. I’ve seen animated versions of myself — I’ve done a cameo on The Simpsons — but this was different. More often than not, in live action films, I’ve been a version of myself; or Man in Glasses or Man Who Wears Hat and Glasses, or another kind of nonspecific person. This is a complete transformation.

You definitely transformed. As someone who has listened to you sing for many years, it was strange to hear your speaking voice on the show. I almost didn’t recognize you! Where did you come up with the voice for Pete’s dad?

I don’t know! [laughs] It just came out and they didn’t stop me. When I was a kid I loved the English comedy records that were mostly done by actors. That’s what George Martin did before he did the Beatles; he produced records by Peter Sellers and Bernard Cribbins. I’d loved those records as a kid, and they always had mad voices on them. I grew up in radio comedy. So I just started doing it and nobody said to stop! I think it must have fitted. I had a little bit of a head cold the first day [of recording], so it came out a little like this [demonstrates] and then that was it. It’s very playful, that’s the thing. And the songs are little lessons that kids have to learn in life. We’re not talking about the complexities of Ibsen here — it’s simple but true lessons done with good heart and a little bit of wit.

The songs are really fun to sing because they’re nothing like anything I’d ever write for myself. Like any other kind of game of dress-up, it’s great. In some cases they’re not even in the keys I would choose to sing for myself. I’m singing the title song and it doesn’t sound like some of the records I’ve made because I’m singing in a different register than I usually do. It just makes, I think, a great change. It felt fun to sing it that way, kind of casual like that. The vibe of the show is quite laid-back. I like that because there’s way too much anxiety, particularly around children. Children pick up the anxiety of their adult companions, whether they’re parents or people shouting on the news or people shouting in advertisements. There’s a lot of shouting. I like the idea that there’s a sense of perseverance in a lot of these [Pete the Cat] shows; it’s going to be okay. That’s mostly the fear — if that’s the right word for it — as a child: that something bad is about to happen. And it isn’t. I hope it’s not, anyway.

That’s true to the books. I do remember reading the books when my boys were younger. The whole point of it is that it’s going to be all right. Mostly the stories revolve around lessons like being kind to your friends and being kind to yourself and respectful of things that deserve your respect. Simple things that confound adults, let alone children. There’s so much fear that it’s really refreshing to do something like this that doesn’t have any other reason to exist than to be in some way joyful and positive. It’s not my way as a songwriter to always be writing those kind of tunes for myself, so I’m very happy to sing some songs that serve that purpose.

Have your boys seen the show?

They saw the first episode. I think they were prepped! They loved it. They’re a little older than I imagine the audience is, but the thing about this is that it doesn’t really matter what age it is. Anybody can watch it. It’s just got a charm to it. With young lads, I tend to know more about animated films of the last 10 years than live action. I can’t remember the last live-action film I went to see in the cinema. I mostly see animated films with my boys. So I know the good and bad of all that — and I know how spectacular some of those are, as well. More than the equal of some live action films.

Speaking of fathers and sons, I loved the song you did with your brothers in the BibleCode Sundays, “Willie Redmond’s Volunteers,” which I understand took its lyrics from a poem of your dad’s that you’d recently found. What was that experience like for you?

I’m really pleased you heard that! It was really great. I have four half-brothers who are 20 years younger than me, so we didn’t grow up together but we’re still family. It was a wonderful thing that Ronan [MacManus] found this poem of my dad’s and set it to music. He got all of the brothers to play on it and I sing on it. It’s a really good record, the whole record is great. Russell Crowe is on it, and there’s some really great players. The drummer for the band died recently, so it’s been a tough time, but having a song that was written by our father and hearing his voice on the end of it was nice. That’s an actual telegram sent to my grandfather’s address notifying that he was injured. [My grandfather] joined the army as a boy. That was his family, so to speak, in the First World War. It’s quite a complicated story to impart in a few words, but in 1912 he joined the army as a soldier and as a musician. It’s probably the reason I’m a musician. So to bring it back a hundred years later — that letter is from 1917 when he was wounded. Thankfully, he survived, otherwise we wouldn’t be here. My father read it in his best post-English accent. My father was a singer, but he could do a little acting. I guess that’s where the theatrical funny voices bit comes from.

In your memoir [Unfaithful Music & Disappearing Ink] you talk about your father sharing a bill with the Beatles and Burt Bacharach at the Royal Variety Performance in 1963. It’s funny to think now, considering what a big role both those artists played in your life.

Very recently I stumbled on a photograph taken at the press call for that performance. Everybody was in their day clothes, but I think they had gathered the company to practice singing “God Save the Queen,” which they used to do at the end of the show. So you’ve got this congregation of mostly British television stars of the day, many of whom were household names. Central to the picture are the Beatles and Marlene Dietrich. Most of the shots focused on the juxtaposition of a very young Beatles and Marlene, evidently having taken quite a shine to George Harrison. If you’re looking at the shots, she’s looking at him like a shark looks at dinner.

They’re fascinating pictures, but when I was looking through the files, I stumbled on one that was a wide-angle shot taken from the balcony of the entire company of the show, which included members of the Royal Ballet and members of West End shows and singers of the day and other American stars and comedians and all sorts of people. I was able to enlarge it enough to see that three rows back to the left of the stage were the three singers from the orchestra my father sang with, including my dad, and he’s two people away from Burt Bacharach. At that point he’d written several really, really famous songs, but he wasn’t quite the star he would be in two or three years. Amazing.

And at the front, Paul McCartney! It’s so curious to me to see these two people I’ve written with, in this completely old period when the Beatles were just breaking through. They were the sensation of that year, of course, and there was a big to-do that they were on that show. It was very exciting for me as a 9-year-old. My dad was on the bill with the Beatles? I couldn’t believe it! It was the best thing ever. Much more important than he was singing for the Queen Mother, you know?

Maybe the photo referred to in this interview

http://www.gettyimages.ie/detail/news-p ... d592221352
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

A video with the theme song (sung by EC) is buried in the People article.

https://players.brightcove.net/41641872 ... 7283700001
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis Costello is the voice of “Mr Pete The Cat’s Dad” in Pete the Cat: A Groovy New Year,Dec. 2017

Post by johnfoyle »

https://twitter.com/ElvisCostello/statu ... 5018409985

Elvis Costello

Verified account

@ElvisCostello
Dec 21

Elvis Costello is the voice of “Mr Pete The Cat’s Dad” in Pete the Cat: A Groovy New Year, an animated holiday special based on the award-winning #PeteTheCat book series. Available to watch December 26th on Amazon Prime Video @AmazonKids #AmazonHolidays - http://amzn.to/2j3DOc5
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis Costello is the voice of “Mr Pete The Cat’s Dad” in Pete the Cat: A Groovy New Year,Dec. 2017

Post by johnfoyle »

Has anyone seen this yet? I daresay Elvis will be sticking to a script but I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to sneak in a few in-jokes that only nutters like us might spot. :D
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

I saw Episode 1 last night.

He didn't have that many lines. Guess he sang the theme song and I think a shorter bit later. Diana had a longer solo number and more lines.

Dave
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://kidscreen.com/2018/08/16/amazon- ... september/

Amazon to bow Pete the Cat in September

The music-focused animated series from Amazon Studios and Alcon Television Group will launch globally on Prime Video.

Amazon Prime Video is gearing up to premiere its animated co-production with Alcon Television Group, Pete the Cat, globally on September 21.

Based on James Dean’s book series of the same name, the music-focused show will follow Pete as he tries new things. Pete the Cat stars Jacob Tremblay (Room) as the titular character, while musicians Diana Krall and Elvis Costello star as Mom and Dad. Krall and Costello will also be providing original music for the series, available to stream through Amazon Music.

The series is developed by Jeff “Swampy” Marsh (Phineas and Ferb) and Appian Way Production Company. Marsh will serve as executive producer with Alcon’s Andrew Kosove, Broderick Johnson and Laura Lancaster, as well as Appian Way’s Jennifer Davisson.

Alcon Television Group and Appian Way previously partnered on Pete the Cat: A Groovy New Year, a holiday special inspired by the book series and available to stream on Amazon Prime Video.

The series joins Crawford the Cat, as New York-based on-demand distributor Janson Media recently signed a deal to premiere the show on Amazon Prime Video. The first 13 x five-minute season of Crawford the Cat is aimed at kids ages three to seven, with a focus on education. Episodes feature lessons on personal grooming, manners, exercise and nutrition.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 16684.html

Pete The Cat Releases Self-Titled Debut Album Worldwide Via ASG, 10:22 pm and UMe

19-Track Digital Album Out Today; 28-Track CD to be Released November 2 -- Available Now for Preorder

Everyone's favorite feline, Pete the Cat, releases his self-titled debut children's music album today worldwide via ASG Records, 10:22 pm and UMe. Timed for release with today's global premiere of his new Pete The Cat animated kids series on Amazon Prime Video, the album features guest artists including Diana Krall, Elvis Costello, KT Tunstall, and other hip cats who love Pete. The 19-track Pete the Cat album is available now for download purchase and streaming. An expanded 28-track CD, available now for preorder, will be released November 2. Right on time for the holiday season, the CD's nine bonus tracks feature six festive original holiday songs Pete recorded with friends, including Dave Matthews and Jason Mraz.

Pete the Cat enjoys playing guitar and singing upbeat, groovy songs about exploring your world and trying new things, while being smart, accepting, and optimistic. Pete is a very cool and loveable cat who, along with his friends, experiences the day-to-day challenges and changes that children can relate to on a personal level. Whether you're making new friends, or facing all of life's ups and downs, all of Pete's catchy songs featured in his new animated series highlight the lessons life can teach you.

Based on the best-selling children's books, Pete the Cat is a fun, musically driven series. The series stars Jacob Tremblay as Pete the Cat, and the GRAMMY®-winning musicians Diana Krall and Elvis Costello as Pete's Mom and Dad. Pete the Cat features original songs performed by Costello and Krall. Jessica Biel, Atticus Shaffer, and internationally acclaimed musician KT Tunstall also star in the series. The music for the series and the album is produced by GRAMMY and EMMY® nominated music producer Michael Hodges.

Pete the Cat's first season highlights themes of self-discovery. Pete stays cool as he tries new things, sets out for picture day, writes his first song, learns to surf, and gives his first performance with his band. The show's original songs encourage children to be curious, creative, and positive while rockin' to their own beat.

Pete the Cat
1. Pete the Cat feat. Elvis Costello – Pete The Cat Theme
2. Pete the Cat feat. KT Tunstall – CatGo & The Nine Lives
3. Pete the Cat feat. Diana Krall – Blueberry Cupcake Blues
4. Pete the Cat feat. Elvis Costello & Diana Krall – Going To The Beach
5. Pete the Cat feat. Bob – Go Pete Go
6. Pete the Cat feat. The Resolutions – Sandcastles Made Of Sand
7. Pete the Cat feat. KT Tunstall – Catalina Casesolver
8. Pete the Cat feat. Bob – Just Gotta Be You
9. Pete the Cat feat. Tom Freund – Blank Page Blues
10. Pete the Cat feat. KT Tunstall – Let It Slide
11. Pete the Cat feat. Bob & Callie – Begin To Begin
12. Pete the Cat feat. Emma – Emma's Weird Song
13. Pete the Cat feat. The Resolutions – This Song Is Not A Lullaby
14. Pete the Cat feat. Bob & Callie – Roll Baby Roll
15. Pete the Cat feat. KT Tunstall – CatGo's Weird Song
16. Pete the Cat feat. Gustavo – Being The New Kid
17. Pete the Cat feat. Callie – Bacon & Egg Boogaloo
18. Pete the Cat feat. The Resolutions – Imagine Things Are Going Great
19. Pete the Cat feat. Michael Hodges – Three Bite Rule
CD Bonus Tracks
20. Pete the Cat feat. The Resolutions – The Scariest Place
21. Pete the Cat feat. Bob – One Cat's Bucket
22. Pete the Cat feat. the Resolutions – The Legend of the Christmas Cat
23. Pete the Cat feat. Grumpy – The Gettingest Time of the Year
24. Pete the Cat feat. the Resolutions – Holiday Chi Chi Mamba
25. Pete the Cat feat. Dave Matthews – Lend a Hand
26. Pete the Cat feat. Swampy Marsh – Hula Hula Holiday
27. Pete the Cat feat. Gerald Trottman & Michael Hodges – Jingle Cat
28. Pete the Cat feat. Jason Mraz – The Givingest Time of the Year
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://bestmoviecast.com/pete-the-cat- ... cial-2020/

Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Special (2020) Cast, Release Date, Plot, Trailer

Animation, Comedy, Family, USAFebruary 3, 2020

Pete’s also a bit distracted as all of Sally’s Valentines disappeared. Can Pete find out what. Pete the Cat wasn’t a fan of Valentine’s Day until he realized it was a great way to tell someone how special they are to you! Today’s writing was all about that special someone. Pete the Cat is a fun, musically driven series about exploring your world and trying new things.
Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Special cast: Jacob Tremblay, Elvis Costello, Diana Krall. Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Special Release Date: 7 February 2020. Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Special Creator: Jeff ‘Swampy’ Marsh. Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Special is looking full of Animation, Comedy, Family. Now I,m going to tells you all about Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Special (2020).

Pete the Cat is an American Animation-Comedy TV Series. Jacob Tremblay, Elvis Costello, Diana Krall are the main cast of Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Special (2020). A Very Groovy Valentine’s Day: It’s Valentine’s Day and love is in the Cat City air. Pete has planned a musical Valentine for his friends but realizes that he doesn’t know much about his new pal Boo Burrow.

Pete’s also a bit distracted as all of Sally’s Valentines disappeared. Can Pete find out what? Pete the Cat wasn’t a fan of Valentine’s Day until he realized it was a great way to tell someone how special they are to you! Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Special cast: Jacob Tremblay, Elvis Costello, Diana Krall. Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Special Release Date: 7 February 2020. Today’s writing was all about that special someone. Pete the Cat is a fun, musically driven series about exploring your world and trying new things.

Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Special Plot:

In light of the New York Times #1 smash hit youngsters’ books by writer James Dean, “Pete the Cat” is an enjoyment, musically determined arrangement about investigating your reality and attempting new things; pushing the limits while being keen, tolerating, and idealistic.

Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Special Wiki:

Special: Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Special (2020)
Creator: Jeff ‘Swampy’ Marsh
Main Stars: Jacob Tremblay, Elvis Costello, Diana Krall
Genres: Animation, Comedy, Family
Language: English
Release Date: 7 February 2020
Season: 2
IMDb Rating: 7.4/10
Google Rating: 94% liked this TV show
Also Known As: Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Special, Pete the Cat Season 2

Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Special Cast:

Jacob Tremblay As Pete the Cat
Elvis Costello As Pete’s Dad
Diana Krall As Pete’s Mom
Don Was Don Was As Neville
Alyson Stoner As Callie
Atticus Shaffer As Grumpy Toad
Indie Nameth As Emma the Pug
Juliet Donenfeld As Sally Squirrel
Felix Avitia As Gustavo Orintorrinco
Camryn Jones As Boo Burrow
Phill Jupitus As Wilson the Owl
Diana Krall As Pete’s Mom
Django Marsh As Bob

Whether he’s making new friends or facing up to life’s daily challenges, Pete and his friends will always approach these challenges by being smart, accepting, and optimistic. I hope you will like it, after watching this amazing TV Series. Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Special cast: Jacob Tremblay, Elvis Costello, Diana Krall. Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Special Release Date: 7 February 2020. Starring: Django Marsh, Diana Krall, Phill Jupitus, Felix Avitia, Juliet Donenfeld.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/epcuJYK1BIc