Imperial Bedroom & Other Chambers -Kettering, OH, Fraze Pavilion  , July 18 2017

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Imperial Bedroom & Other Chambers -Kettering, OH, Fraze Pavilion  , July 18 2017

Post by johnfoyle »

Who's going?
IbMePdErRoIoAmL

Re: Imperial Bedroom & Other Chambers -Kettering, OH, Fraze Pavilion  , July 18 2017

Post by IbMePdErRoIoAmL »

I expect to be there. First row, left of center. Here's hoping for a full IB show & an available "Bright Blue Times" single. Excelsior!
johnfoyle

Re: Imperial Bedroom & Other Chambers -Kettering, OH, Fraze Pavilion  , July 18 2017

Post by johnfoyle »

Looking forward to reports
IbMePdErRoIoAmL

Just returned from the show. Sorry to say I didn't put together a set-list. On the whole I felt the sound was improved from last October's show in Akron though that may have something to do with the venue/seats. No huge surprises but we did get a very nice rendition of "I Still Have That Other Girl" & a seemingly impromptu "Waiting For The End Of The World." As far as Imperial Bedroom goes, we missed out on both "Little Savage" & "Town Cryer." Also performed: "Blood & Hot Sauce", "American Mirror", "A Face In The Crowd", and "Go Tell Your Quiet Sister". "Go Tell Your Quiet Sister" came late in the show &, I'm personally convinced, was largely due to my regularly shouting the title from the front row. Now off to bed.
Last edited by IbMePdErRoIoAmL on Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

IbMePdErRoIoAmL wrote:"Go Tell Your Quiet Sister" came late in the show &, I'm personally convinced, was largely due to my regularly shouting the title from the front row.
I don't doubt that. 8)

I look forward to seeing the setlist although if there were any real surprises, you would have excitedly posted about it. Or is that just me? :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

There is now a setlist posted at Setlist.fm. It reads:

1.The Loved Ones
2. ...And in Every Home / Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
3. Accidents Will Happen
4. Clubland
5. Tears Before Bedtime
6. Moods for Moderns
7. Shabby Doll
8. Human Hands
9. Green Shirt
10. Watching the Detectives
11. The Long Honeymoon
12. Indoor Fireworks
13. King Horse
14. You Little Fool
15. Pidgin English

Encore:
16. Alison
17. A Face in the Crowd
18. Blood & Hot Sauce
19. Shot With His Own Gun
20. I Still Have That Other Girl
21. Almost Blue
22. Kid About It
23. Go Tell (Your Quiet Sister)
24. Waiting for the End of the World
25. Beyond Belief
26. Man Out of Time
27. American Mirror

Encore 2:
28. Everyday I Write the Book
29. Pump It Up
30. (What's So Funny 'bout) Peace, Love and Understanding

This fits with what IbMePdErRoIoAmL said in their review above.

MOOT
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Apex Piano Tuning / Facebook -

I was selected to tune and prepare the Steinway B for Grammy Hall of Fame artist Elvis Costello tonight. It was hot out in Ohio today but the birds were singing and there was a nice breeze. Glad to be able to do this work and be a part this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWtQmmWnh5F/

https://twitter.com/BigBobBurns/status/ ... 3463242752

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWttE0UFzC3/

https://twitter.com/BigBobBurns/status/ ... 5050706944

https://twitter.com/jaynawallace/status ... 7050603520

https://twitter.com/jaynawallace/status ... 5088386048

IbMePdErRoIoAmL

Man out of Time wrote:There is now a setlist posted at Setlist.fm. It reads:

1.The Loved Ones
2. ...And in Every Home / Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
3. Accidents Will Happen
4. Clubland
5. Tears Before Bedtime
6. Moods for Moderns
7. Shabby Doll
8. Human Hands
9. Green Shirt
10. Watching the Detectives
11. The Long Honeymoon
12. Indoor Fireworks
13. King Horse
14. You Little Fool
15. Pidgin English

Encore:
16. Alison
17. A Face in the Crowd
18. Blood & Hot Sauce
19. Shot With His Own Gun
20. I Still Have That Other Girl
21. Almost Blue
22. Kid About It
23. Go Tell (Your Quiet Sister)
24. Waiting for the End of the World
25. Beyond Belief
26. Man Out of Time
27. American Mirror

Encore 2:
28. Everyday I Write the Book
29. Pump It Up
30. (What's So Funny 'bout) Peace, Love and Understanding

This fits with what IbMePdErRoIoAmL said in their review above.

MOOT
I'm 95% certain that setlist is full & accurate.
Also, for those interested, the "Bright Blue Times" single is still available ($15) as is "American Tune". The two can be purchased together for $25. Again, there are only 10 per show & limit one per customer. Last night they were sold out fairly quickly.
rightbrain

Post by rightbrain »

Chiming in here to echo IbMePdErRpIoAmL's excellent review posted earlier!

This was my 3rd concert on the "Imperial Bedroom & Other Chambers Tour, having been to Akron in October and Indianapolis in June. I agree that BY FAR this was the best "sounding" of the three shows, right from the start, so kudos to the tech guys! Davey's bass wasn't buried and merrily chirped throughout . . . Pete's drums weren't over-miked, and EC's vocals were above the fray and distinct.

Shout out to APEX PIANO TUNING as well. The black "Steinway B" outclassed the "red piano" Steve was playing in previous shows with octaves fully widened and equal temperament across the range. You could really hear a difference in the response and tonal brilliance/intonation. Bravo!

I had my doubts about this show back when I bought the ticket, because it was an "outdoor" venue, and their 3rd night in a row (Milwaukee, Grand Rapids, Kettering), after being on break for a while, but I needn't have worried. Aside from a few flubbed lyrics, it was the best played of the 3 shows I saw. Despite the brutal heat and humidity that was positively sweltering!

But EC was tireless (and generous) with 30 songs in 2-and-a-half-hours! It's been my experience that EC plays fewer ballads in outdoor venues vs. theaters, but again, I needn't have worried as he created the same kind of intimate "Costello & Nieve Mini-Show" in the second-half, regardless of being outdoors. Maybe they could tell the sound was pristine and took advantage. Thankfully, the crowd didn't get restless and start randomly screaming song requests during this quiet interlude. EC got up on his "tippy-toes" to hit the notes on I Still Have That Other Girl and nailed it, to wild applause.

(Quick Aside: was anyone able to confirm that "This Year's Girl" was played at Milwaukee? I'm beginning to think it must have actually been "I Still Have That Other Girl," instead . . . one of those crazy typos that gets everyone excited at first? Who knows!)

I love that for each of the 3 shows I've seen on this tour, Steve did a completely different "solo" during Shot With His Own Gun. What a genius. He really is the "Indispensable Attraction/Imposter." Even the vamps and improvs during Pidgin English were completely "fresh" from the previous 2 performances. Wow.

"American Mirror" (in the full band incarnation) was truly grand vs. the solo version . . . and EPIC, clocking in at just over 7 minutes!

Thank you to IbMePdErRpIoAmL for shouting out for "Go Tell Your Quiet Sister" . . . it is sounding better and better - let's hope we get a studio version soon.

The set-list is accurate . . . also missing from the IbMePdErRpIoAmL album (besides "Town Cryer" and "Little Savage") was "Boy With A Problem," but with EC taking over on piano for A Face In The Crowd, Blood & Hot Sauce, and American Mirror, it was a fair swap.

Nice to hear Clubland again after so many years (might have been some of Davey's best work of the night, too). Would have been fun to hear "Poor Napoleon" and/or "All Grown Up," but as stated earlier, 30 songs in 2-and-a-half hours . . . and the fact that I got American Tune/Lucky Dog on vinyl . . . I have LESS THAN ZERO reasons to complain!
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

rightbrain wrote:Quick Aside: was anyone able to confirm that "This Year's Girl" was played at Milwaukee?
Yes. There was a short video posted on Facebook.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

And No Coffee Table wrote:
rightbrain wrote:Quick Aside: was anyone able to confirm that "This Year's Girl" was played at Milwaukee?
Yes. There was a short video posted on Facebook.
Do you really think I got them mixed up? Slander and calumny, sir!

Dave
rightbrain

Post by rightbrain »

LOL . . .Slander and Calumny, indeed. My apologies, Dave! I'm blaming my mistake on "those daily tranquilizers."

I didn't realize you were the source of the info, in which case, "there'd be no doubt."

For some reason I thought the initial report about THIS YEAR'S GIRL being performed came from a newspaper review (which are usually riddled with errors). And then I thought someone suggested it came off a printed set-list (I could easily imagine a reporter turning "OTHER GIRL" into "THIS YEAR'S GIRL").

Naturally, "never knowing is the real attraction!"

: 0 )
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Actually, the initial posting WAS the setlist from setlist.fm, I just confirmed it in my brief "review". Just kiddin'!

Dave
rightbrain

Post by rightbrain »

No worries.

But that's the problem with setlist.fm

"All this, but no surprises!"

: 0 )

Cheers!
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

love all the quotes you're working in here!

dave