Elvis plays Sheffield 20 March 2017

Pretty self-explanatory
johnanderson

Re: Elvis plays Sheffield 20 March 2017

Post by johnanderson »

Pump it Up also contained a smidgeon of Subterranean Homesick Blues, just after Monkey Business.
The Gentleman

Post by The Gentleman »

johnfoyle wrote:Word is that Elvis debuted a performance of Forbidden Nights , a song given to Darlene Love's recent album.
I'd love to hear that some night.
ExtremeHoney

Post by ExtremeHoney »

My instagram page has been updated to include pictures from tonight's concert:

https://instagram.com/w.wilkie
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

Photos of set list taken my my seat on the balcony. Pity he couldn't have played them all

My head is spinning and my legs are weak
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

I thought last night was a fitting end to the tour. It has developed over the two years and the extra outing this year seems to have reinvigorated Elvis.

His voice has held up well and he seemed in great spirits. I loved the Chuck Berry tribute and heartfelt tribute to the NHS

Afterwards there were a few of outside and several asked about bringing the Imperial Bedroom tour to the UK. He said it was all about the staging. The 'Other Chambers' part was the issue and they will wait to see how it goes. Certainly from the stage he said he didn't know when he'd be back.

I asked him if the set was going to a car boot sale if I could put in a bid for the blue chair? He just laughed and said they weren't sure what they were going to do with it but the chair wasn't the original. I'd still have it!

Some photos from last night...

My head is spinning and my legs are weak
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Good evening alright, worth the trek. Nearly didn't make it since a tooth extraction last Thursday turned into a dry socket situation. Been tripping on pain killers since, still am. Nurofen just about made me ship shape for the beautiful Sheffield City Hall. Nice 2nd row seat after the divide from the 1st section allowed me a good view. Elvis banged it all out, in great from. Sure there was an element of being demob happy, still, he always entertains. Sound was excellent, interesting mix of tunes. Did all the hits and more. The new tunes were good, though probably works in progress.
Great finale, of course. Impassioned intro, giving the UK establishment a good seeing to. Wish I'd taped it, was too busy listening & responding, still managed to get going with the zoom & just missed the first few words of Tramp, enjoy.

https://youtu.be/-AOJ-YRt0zc
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I've heard there may be an audience recording of this somewhere !
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

sulky lad wrote:I've heard there may be an audience recording of this somewhere !
Do drop a dime if it does :)