Random Thoughts

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

What exactly is it? A chic hotel for someone's pet hamster to take a hot date to?
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Indeed, though if our hampster gets any dates it's gonna be all brokeback mountain stuff cause we don't want no youngin's. The old cage was too small, too hard to clean, and therefore, very smelly and horrible for both the quadruped in question and his bipedal pals....
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

It's official. I do not know what year it is.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

It feels great to watch Elvis' "The Right Spectacle" DVD with my twin boys and see that they like the songs so much (early stuff most of all !).
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

My mom's surgery is tomorrow morning. They are removing the entire breast that has the cancer and I believe some lymph nodes as well. So far her treatments have done well so things have remained positive. If you folks could keep your fingers crossed for her again it would be great. Thanks to everyone's support in the past. You all are the best.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

crash8_durham wrote:My mom's surgery is tomorrow morning. They are removing the entire breast that has the cancer and I believe some lymph nodes as well. So far her treatments have done well so things have remained positive. If you folks could keep your fingers crossed for her again it would be great. Thanks to everyone's support in the past. You all are the best.
Best wishes to your mom Crash. Hope all goes well with the surgery.
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Yes, best wishes and let us know of your mom's progress. I've been through this (as a loved one, not patient) and I know that things can change day to day.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Good luck to your mom Crash.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Fingers and toes certainly crossed, prayers going up and good things being thought for you and your mom, crash.

Keep us posted.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

my mom was diagnosed with cancer in 05 crash, so my thoughts are with you.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

thanks everyone. i am sorry to hear about those of you who have already dealt with this. It's strange. I have been involved with cancer walks in the past and saw how many thousands of people are touched one way or another. But when it hits closer to home it seems like I meet and even already know even more people who are effected by it. Its amazing. My sister flew in from Houston today. I picked her up and when we got back my mom's sis had shown up too. People all over town have been sending well wishes. Sorry to ramble but its just been one of those days where things are put into perspective. I don't even mean that in a bad way. Its a shame that it often takes things like this to make you realize how much lower priority some things are that really consume you most of the time. It doesn't mean that they are meaningless but it can show that you can spend too much energy worrying about things that in the whole scheme of things should not be fretted over so much.

Okay, enough blabbing.

Thank you all.
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

I found out today that in addition to Material and Energy there is conscience that also interacts with both. Religion, for example, is a way to explain conscience, and it is a thing that we still don't recognize. You guys will not believe this theory I heard today. It's shocking.
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

Surgery went extremely well. She is in excellent spirts. I don't know how she does it but I am happy that she does. Thanks all. Must have been all the good vibes.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

I may have asked the question before, but how do you cope with post-New Year's Day depression ?
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

You simply drink 8)
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Actually I was going to suggest that alcohol consumed at New Year's Eve would tend to have a lingering deressive effect on January 2nd... In any case, I hope you feel better! If you have a big New Years celebration, the actual start of said year can seem a bit of a let-down. I recommend retail therapy, screamingly good sex or a killer meal. Or all three. : )
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

An update on the Sony spyware case:

http://australianit.news.com.au/article ... 5E,00.html

Sony settles CD suit
Correspondents in New York
JANUARY 03, 2006 SONY BMG has reached a tentative settlement in a class action lawsuit over the music company's copy-protection software for CDs.

The lawsuit against Sony BMG, a joint venture of Japan's Sony and Germany's Bertelsmann, stems from its use of controversial technology aimed at thwarting illegal copying of music on CDs.

Consumers complained that the technology - known as XCP - violated their rights by potentially leaving computers vulnerable to hackers and allowing the company to track listening habits.

The CDs with the XCP and MediaMax anti-piracy software featured music from 52 popular artists including Ray Charles, Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong and Celine Dion.

Under the proposed settlement, which still must be approved by a US federal judge in New York, consumers would be allowed to exchange the CDs for new ones without the copy-protection technology.

Sony BMG would also have to provide software to uninstall the technology and stop making CDs with XCP on them, according to court documents.
The settlement would entitle people who bought the CDs with the copy protection to a cash payment of $US7.50 ($10.20) and one album download from a list of more than 200 titles. Alternatively, they could download three albums from the list.

A separate lawsuit was filed in November by the Texas attorney general against Sony BMG Music Entertainment accusing it of violating the state's laws on deceptive trade practices by hiding the "spyware" on its CDs.
Reuters
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Good. Stuff the bastards.

Great news, Crash. Here's hoping she stays well.

I was glum at returning to work. It's such a shock to the system after all that time off, so I decided to make today very unproductive, just to get used to being at work again, leaving all the tricky work for tomorrow and beyond. Hope I don't do the same tomorrow!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
bobster

Post by bobster »

Great news, Crash. I'm really happy to read that things are going well.

And, on a somewhat different note...
Who Shot Sam? wrote:WHAR in mourning. RIP...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/2 ... index.html
Damn. And here I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, Opie and Anthony had been stuffed into a giant cheese-grater.

Well, a man can dream....
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

selfmademug wrote:If you have a big New Years celebration, the actual start of said year can seem a bit of a let-down. I recommend retail therapy, screamingly good sex or a killer meal. Or all three. : )
OK - what time can you get here? :wink: Is the screamingly good sex bit the laughter :?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Tattooed Love Boys. Yes, please.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

ditto that.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

The worst menu translation ever... :shock:

oily slick

Post by oily slick »

i'm torn between the "butter many privates" and "jelly joy".
I'm not concerned about the very poor.