Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis (solo) plays Bellingham, WA , April 17th 2016

Post by johnfoyle »

Who's going ?
seanpointblank

Re: Elvis (solo) plays Bellingham, WA , April 17th 2016

Post by seanpointblank »

I was originally going to pass on this one, as Bellingham is about 2 hours north of me, and I'm getting too old to manage after late Sunday nights. I, predictably, buckled, and grabbed the last 2 seats within any proximity of one another, though I'll be in the back of the theatre and not in the front few rows as I had grown accustomed.

I'm sure a better source than me will supply a setlist, but I will be sure to check in after the show.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

https://twitter.com/sabannahpants/statu ... 6744516608
Today I got to carry not one but FOUR of Elvis Costello's guitars. He only has like thirty that he brings on tour.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Photos by

https://twitter.com/ecsongbysong

ecsongbysong ‏@ecsongbysong

Bellingham, 4/17/16: Hurry Down Doomsday/Mystery Dance/Accidents/Ascension/Church/Everyday/45/I Want You/Shipbuilding/Face In The Crowd (1)

Bellingham (con't): Walkin'/Ghost Train/Beyond Belief/Detectives/Pads/Love Field/Clown Strike/Burn The Paper Down To Ash/Vitajex (2)

Bellingham (con't): Not The Part/Cain/Alison/Pump/Side/American Mirror/Jimmie/PLU (3)

“American Mirror,” played on piano, could be the heroine's song. But if EC is keeping the Walter Matthau character, I suspect it's his.

It feels like a late-in-act-one/early-in-act-two number, the voice of reason from a lone voice who sees through Lonesome Rhodes's act.

“There's a scandal and there's a scare/ as you're probably aware/ and it's all in this week's American mirror...” (1)
“There's a couple who we've condemned/ it makes us feel better than them/ but we're all in, we're all in this thing together...” (2)

In other news, EC confirmed the title of “Burn The Paper Down To Ash,” which was again sung by Rebecca Lovell of @LarkinPoe.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

And another new song in "My Uncle".
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
edney

Post by edney »

"My Uncle" could be the Gram Parsons/Chris Hillman song from "The Gilded Palace Of Sin"
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

or what about THIS classic?

"Me and My Uncle", often also written as "Me & My Uncle," is a song composed by John Phillips of The Mamas and the Papas, and popularized in versions by Judy Collins and the Grateful Dead. It relates the journey of a narrator and his uncle from southern Colorado towards western Texas, involving standard cowboy song themes like a poker game in Santa Fe, accusations of cheating, gunplay, gold, and death.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Jayson Bradley / f/book

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Via Mary Lou Brach-Roels /‎ELVIS COSTELLO COLLECTORS GUILD/ f/book

Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Looking at the photos above, it does seem that there is a "hats off" section of the show, and a hat on section, but also that Elvis has now taken to changing spectacles and jackets during the show. I can see two if not three different pairs of spectacles - some aviator shades, his normal hornrims and some sunglasses with a dark frame too. There are two jackets - one with vertical stripes, the other with horizontal stripes.

What is going on? Were the climactic conditions in the theatre in Bellingham very changeable ?

MOOT