Elvis (solo ) plays Jackson,WY , April 13th 2016

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis (solo ) plays Jackson,WY , April 13th 2016

Post by johnfoyle »

Who's going ?

Only, claim the venue's Twitter account, 20 tickets left!

http://www.jhcenterforthearts.org/calen ... s-costello
Man out of Time

Re: Elvis (solo ) plays Jackson,WY , April 13th 2016

Post by Man out of Time »

Preview by Kelsey Dayton in the Jackson Hole News & Guide on April 11, 2016:

"Costello show close to sold out

A single name kept popping up when Shannon McCormick talked to people about musical acts they’d like to see at the Center for the Arts.

The name was Elvis Costello. Of course McCormick agreed that Costello playing the intimate Center Theater would be a major get, but it also would be a hard sell.

“Obviously he doesn’t run around playing very many 500-seaters,” said McCormick, the Center for the Arts’ programming director.

But the Center Theater will be one of them, thanks to the area’s growing reputation for attracting well-known artists and also to a little tenacity on McCormick’s part in convincing the artist that Jackson was worth the stop.

McCormick’s first attempt to lure Costello to the Tetons was met with skepticism from the artist’s management team.

“I think in the beginning it was met with, ‘Excuse me? Did you say 500 seats?’ ” McCormick said. “My comeback was, ‘Yes, we do only have 500 seats, but they are really nice seats.’ ”

It must have worked. Costello will perform at the Center Theater on Wednesday. The tickets, which cost $149 to $189, were nearly sold out by press time and might be gone by the time this paper hits the stands, McCormick said.

Costello’s music resume spans more than 30 years, including performances with the Attractions and the Imposters and concert appearances with pianist Steve Nieve. He has collaborated with the Brodsky Quartet, Paul McCartney and T Bone Burnett. Johnny Cash, No Doubt and Chet Baker have recorded his songs, showing the breadth of his interest in musical styles. He’s won a slew of awards and Grammy nominations, and along with the Attractions he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003.

“It’s kind of a coup he’s coming here,” McCormick said. “It goes without saying this is a major league big artist in a room as small as ours. I would call him an icon.”

McCormick credits Jackson’s growing reputation as a community that supports and appreciates music and offers a small, yet incredible theater.
Larkin Poe will open for Costello. The rock duo is not to be missed, McCormick said.

“They are really cool,” he said. “Get there early to see them.” "

MOOT
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Three seats still available - in the front row !

https://apps.vendini.com/ticket-softwar ... 8b5bbd6e8f
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Buy yourself a "cheap" seat and sneak to the front :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Would love to go to Jackson to see this show. Should be cool show.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Setlist and commentary from ecsongbysong:
Jackson, 4/13/16: Complicated Shadows/Accidents/Watch Your Step/Ascension/45/Clubland/Red Shoes/Shipbuilding/I Can't Stand Up (1)

Jackson (con't): Face In The Crowd/Radio Soul/Walkin'/Ghost Train/Detectives/Pads/Love Field/Kinder Murder/”Vital Checks”?/Alison (w/LP) (2)

Jackson (con't): Cain/This Year's Girl/Pump/Side By Side/Blood & Hot Sauce/Good Year For The Roses/PLU (3)

“Vital Checks,” if indeed that's what it's called, was either an old jingle for a quack medicine or a possibly-original parody thereof.

“Blood & Hot Sauce,” meanwhile, sounds like a new number, a showtune about Lonesome Rhodes, the lead character in “Face In The Crowd.”

Which, I guess, sheds some light on the mystery of the new number debuted yesterday, and repeated tonight.
Does this mean one of the musicals EC is working on is an adaptation of the movie A Face In The Crowd?
verbal gymnastics

Elvis has said he's got a few projects on the go so it's a possibility.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Maybe EC is writing material for Prarie Home Companion which will have a new host, Chris Thile (Punch Brothers):

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2016/04/12 ... airie-home
edney

Post by edney »

The song "Vital Checks" is most certainly called "Vitajex". One look at the Wikipedia entry for the film "A Face In the Crowd" reveals this as part of the plot. It was a radio "jingle" sung by the lead character Lonesome Rhodes to promote some male tonic.
verbal gymnastics

Excellent work edney!
edney

Post by edney »

Thank you kindly.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The fact that Elvis isn't keeping these songs for an opening date, must mean that this is one of projects that didn't work out.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

sweetest punch wrote:The fact that Elvis isn't keeping these songs for an opening date, must mean that this is one of projects that didn't work out.
Could be... or maybe EC thinks a 500-seat theater in Wyoming is sufficiently below the radar to try out new material?

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

https://twitter.com/ElvisCostello/statu ... 7342673920

Elvis Costello @ElvisCostello

Thanks to the generous Jackson Hole audience, Larkin Poe and all of my crew, who like me, are working out of the sick-bay. Much appreciated.
Cocktail Murderess

Post by Cocktail Murderess »

johnfoyle wrote:https://twitter.com/ElvisCostello/statu ... 7342673920

Elvis Costello @ElvisCostello

Thanks to the generous Jackson Hole audience, Larkin Poe and all of my crew, who like me, are working out of the sick-bay. Much appreciated.
It sounds like someone should send out for the night nurse. I could always dust off my uniform if required. :lol:
I keep my lipstick twisted tight.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Perhaps high elevation is to blame depending on the resort they were holed up in. Base of the hole is 6300 ft. If they were set up at a high end resort, they could have been 2ft higher. Dry air, sun, and altitude sickness is enough to make any 0 elevation creature feel ill. Oh well. Damn. So much for "going to Jackson."
Azmuda

Post by Azmuda »

edney wrote:... called "Vitajex". One look at the Wikipedia entry for the film "A Face In the Crowd" reveals this as part of the plot. It was a radio "jingle" sung by the lead character Lonesome Rhodes to promote some male tonic.
Soundtrack sleeve:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORG-ELIA-KAZAN- ... 1596658319