Elvis to receive Icon Award, Liverpool, Nov. 22 '14

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis to receive Icon Award, Liverpool, Nov. 22 '14

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/sho ... ic-8019151

Elvis Costello to be honoured in Liverpool's Titanic Hotel

Insider hears that Elvis Costello is to be presented with a prestigious Icon award at the Collective Honours next month.

Costello, who forged his singing career in the pubs and clubs of Liverpool, is being honoured in his home town for the inaugural ceremony which takes places at the Titanic Hotel, Stanley Dock on November 22.

The ceremony, produced by arts and style publication The Collective, will bring together the best of North West talent as they’re bestowed with honours at the red carpet event.

ECHO readers are being urged to vote for their favourite creatives, style icons, philanthropists and business leaders ahead of next month’s occasion – there are 13 awards up for grabs.

The special accolade, the Crème de la Crème award, will go to the person who has contributed to the success and growth of the North West or has successfully represented the region on an international level.

The judging panel is led by BBC Radio 2 DJ, Janice Long and former Lord Mayor of Liverpool, Councillor Gary Millar.

Awards founder, Lee Joseph Hagan, said: “The ECHO has always championed the city’s most talented and diverse individuals and I urge the readers to vote. I am very grateful that this event has been made possible by our supporters including the Greater Merseyside Learning Federation and it is my honour to pay tribute to established and new and emerging talent in the North West which is my home.”

James Glendenning, Chief Executive of the Greater Merseyside Learning Federation added: “The Collective Honours provide a great opportunity to recognise emerging talent in the North West. As supporters of local cultural and business entrepreneurial spirit, GMLPF are very proud to support this event.”

The event is also being supported by the mens tailoring company Gieves and Hawkes. Voting for the awards closes on Saturday.

To register visit: http://www.collectivehonours.com
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis to receive Icon Award at the Collective Honours

Post by johnfoyle »

Little further detail about this has been announced - time of day etc. - except that Kim Cattrall will also be there.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

johnfoyle wrote:Little further detail about this has been announced - time of day etc. - except that Kim Cattrall will also be there.
She was EC's guest when he hosted Letterman.
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis to receive Icon Award, Liverpool, Nov. 22 '14

Post by johnfoyle »

I can't see Elvis going all that way without doing some promo stuff for the Lost On The River album. Maybe he'll pop into see a few of us in London & sign our copies ! :-)
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

johnfoyle wrote:Little further detail about this has been announced - time of day etc. - except that Kim Cattrall will also be there.
Kim was born in sunny South Liverpool, just like me and Elvis' ma.

I'll keep an eye out for him at our game against West Ham on Saturday, just get the feeling that he's seen the light after all these years and started to support his dad's team :D :D :D :D
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

johnfoyle wrote:I can't see Elvis going all that way without doing some promo stuff for the Lost On The River album. Maybe he'll pop into see a few of us in London & sign our copies ! :-)
And he can bring Kim as well. The 'No Chicks' rule doesn't apply anymore :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Coverage here from the daily rag online (Scouse in the city: American actress Kim Cattrall returns to her birthplace Liverpool to collect an Icon award in a plunging dress) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... dress.html

"...but singer-songwriter Elvis Costello, who won a music icon award, did not attend and chose to appear in front of the 400 strong audience via video link from New York"

Colin Top Balcony
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Ian Prowse tweeted -

Accepted this music icon award last night on behalf of our old mate Elvis Costello.
#collectiveawards2014

edney

Post by edney »

Local boy makes good. Not bad for a Londoner.....