Atlanta, Chastain Park

Pretty self-explanatory
Miss Macbeth

Atlanta, Chastain Park

Post by Miss Macbeth »

Hey, just wanted to who all is going to Atlanta on July 17th. I'm kinda new so I wanted to see if me and my friend could meet up with some of our fellow EC fans from the site. We'll be driving down from NC.
Miss Macbeth

Post by Miss Macbeth »

If anyone has ever been to Chastain I would really like some idea of where the best seats are. I want to get out back to see him after the show but I'm not sure where exactly the back stage doors are. Any ideas? Oh, and does anybody have a clue what all you can take in (coolers, cameras, etc.), or at least get away with taking in? Any tips would really help.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Hey, Miss Macbeth!!

Mrs. migdd and I will be attending the Chastain Park show. Although we've heard that Chastain is a sprawling outdoor amphitheatre with not a single good seat in the house, we are still looking forward to seeing EC sing with Emmylou Harris!

Chastain encourages it's patrons to bring picnic baskets and coolers to its' "summerstage" shows so feel free to BYOB!! There are evidently several "lounges" onsite to cater to every thirst, as well.

We have seats waaaaay back in row U!! For better seats, you can check out several "ticket broker" websites and pay $1500 for table seats close to the stage or $300 for seats about halfway back from the stage.

I'll take a show at the Atlanta Tabernacle any day but since this short summer leg of the tour features Emmylou, we figured we would check it out!

Greetings from the other Carolina!
Miss Macbeth

Post by Miss Macbeth »

Hey, Mr. migdd, it's great to know I'm not the only one from the board attending. I've never seen a show in Atlanta, but I heard the Tabernacle was the best. Oh well, too late for that. We actually have seats in Box 1 on the left side of the stage, which probably have a horrible view, but they're REALLY close to stage. And they're seats 1 and 2 so they're right on the end (perfect for bathroom breaks). I'm so excited. I just got my tickets today. I've only seen him once before, in Knoxville on March 10th, but that was enough to get me hooked. I've never seen Emmylou live so I'm siked about that too. Yeah we're definately packing our "picnic" basket with all kinds of goodies. After paying for the tickets we'll have to bring our own beverages b/c we'll never be able to afford the drinks there. I want to get back to see him after the show and maybe get a picture or autograph. We should meet up with you guys somewhere before it starts. We'll be there waiting for them to open the doors so we should have time to hang out and socialize. All for now, and it was great talking to you. Keep in touch. :)

MM
"Did you ever think there's far too many people in the world"?
migdd

Post by migdd »

MM, how did you score such good seats? Hope to see y'all at the show. We will be driving down from that afternoon and checking into a hotel so we don't have to drive back after the show. Beyond that, our plans are a little sketchy as far as when we will arrive at the venue - we've heard parking is terrible with a few high-priced lots within walking distance, we'll see. Hope to talk to you more as the show approaches!
Miss Macbeth

Post by Miss Macbeth »

Yeah, we're driving down Sunday morning and checking in to a room so we won't have to make the drive back that night. We actually have a parking pass that came with the tickets. It's a Blue lot pass, and the guy told me that it was right outside the gate where our seats are, but you never know. We may get there and have to walk a ways, so we're prepared for about anything. I bought them from a broker in Atlanta who gave me some advice about where to sit and park and what to bring. He was a big help and he shipped the tickets 3-day FedX and I got them in the mail the other day. I just couldn't stop grinning :P. We're so excited. It's gonna be great. I guess that's all for now. Talk to you later.

MM
"Did you ever think there's far too many people in the world"?
sweetest punch

Re: Atlanta, Chastain Park

Post by sweetest punch »

The Master's Bouquet / Love Hurts / When I Paint My Masterpiece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyJyFCCZNuM
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
charliestumpy

Post by charliestumpy »

Nice for those who haven't seen-heard/those who have - thanks.
'Sometimes via the senses, mostly in the mind (or pocket)'.
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

SP - this is a new one on me : big thanks for the link.