2014 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
ice nine

2014 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival

Post by ice nine »

No Elvis, but Bruce will be there, Clapton will be there, Santana will be there, John Hiatt will be there, many, many more. I'll be there the first weekend only. Anyone else?

http://www.nojazzfest.com/
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
Jack of All Parades

Re: 2014 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival

Post by Jack of All Parades »

Damn- I miss this by one week. Will be there the previous week for the first time in my life visiting with my oldest daughter. Just the luck. Though I note my neice's band will be playing. I hope you have a great time. 8)
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

What is her band's name? I'd like to check them out.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
Jack of All Parades

Tuba Skinny. If you catch them I hope you will enjoy their music. They just had a launch party for their fourth CD. They also just returned to New Orleans having played a number of winter Jazz Festivals in Italy.

Here they were last year at the festival:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... h11Lczzhiw
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

I am making a note to see them. I hope they are not playing at the same time of Clapton or Plant.
- M. Twain
Jack of All Parades

I do hope you catch them- here she is in a side project on piano one night not too long ago:

http://youtu.be/g7GZgXMXCPY

http://youtu.be/j4k8tsgId7k
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Good stuff. On a side issue it'd be lovely to see them in London... :wink:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Jack of All Parades

VG I will plant the seed in her ear- how about Canterbury?
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

A review of Tuba Skinny's new album

http://www.offbeat.com/2014/02/01/tuba- ... mid-strut/
- M. Twain
Jack of All Parades

Wow! Ice Nine thank you for spotting that and posting it. And it even shows my niece's art work from the cover of the record. And the album was recorded in Tasmania of all places. I cannot wait to get my copy when I am down in New Orleans in April. She and her band mates keep growing as artists and performers and she and Erica Lewis have been branching out by working with other artists, as well. The next generation of Cohn musicians is firmly established in Shaye and her sister Caitlin back in Boston. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention. I could not be happier for her. I hope you do get to see them. They have been playing shows at the Spotted Cat in New Orleans of late.
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Eric Clapton is playing at the same time Vampire Weekend play on another stage.
Santana is playing at the same time the Avett Brothers play on another stage
- M. Twain
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

The best vacations I have ever had are at this event. I have never done both weekends of the festival, but one is good enough. The food is also great I have posted pictures and videos on my FB page. My camera was stolen on the first evening so my pictures of Santana are lost to the wind.
mark.newberg.73@facebook.com
- M. Twain