EC plays Orono, Maine, November 19, 2013

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Re: EC plays Orono, Maine, November 19, 2013

Post by johnfoyle »

The Boomtown Rats were selling recordings of their recent shows within twenty minutes of the show ending. Back in 2004 Lloyd Cole & The Commotions were selling recordings of their shows , the orders being fulfilled a few weeks after the show. Great as they are as a souvenir, most of those productions have a deficiency in that they are usually feeds from the soundboards. They lack ambient sounds that make the 'live' experience so special - applause, audience sounds , a witty retort off mic from the performer to heckler etc. In other words , all the goodies that are in recordings by our heros Sulky , BA, Doc etc. !
Little Fool

Post by Little Fool »

I saw Glenn Tilbrook one week ago and he no longer seems to sell the live show recordings. I saw him at the same venue almost exactly two years ago when he did have the after show recordings. The CD is a cherished possession, (especially as he signed it), but I am quite happy that the last 90 minutes that I spent at his concert is 'consigned to memory' , my enjoyment is not diminished by the lack of a 'hard copy' of the event.
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

johnfoyle wrote: our heros Sulky , BA, Doc etc. !
"Heros" doesn't do justice to my gratitude, perhaps "Superheros?"

Colin Top Balcony
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Top balcony wrote:
johnfoyle wrote: our heros Sulky , BA, Doc etc. !
"Heros" doesn't do justice to my gratitude, perhaps "Superheros?"

Colin Top Balcony
i'm blushing! :oops: :oops: :oops:
superhero??? come now, a couple EC nerds sharing the music; THAT'S ALL. i'm sure i speak for all the tapers...our pleasure to have you listen AND to also listen to WHATEVER we can get from ANYONE who makes an effort to have each show we can capture for posterity sake. LONG MAY WE ALL RUN!
cheers to REAL superheros: firefighters, soldiers, nurses, caregivers etc.
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Ok, I admit if I was in a burning building then firemen – like my Dad was – would be rather more use than any of you lot!
But, seriously, the risks you take to record and the time you take to process AND SHARE, is really amazing.
Thank you
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Any recording yet?