Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 9/19

Pretty self-explanatory
cwr

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 9/19

Post by cwr »

Just got back from the taping!

Costello & La Marisoul joined The Roots for the studio warm-up and did "Ghost Town"!

Then on the show, they did "Cinco Minutos Con Vos" and MAN did it sound awesome.

For the web exclusive, they did "Wise Up Ghost"!

Three absolutely killer performances. Makes me sad that it's not the beginning of a full tour, because I feel like they just keep getting better and better.
bronxapostle

Re: Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 9/19

Post by bronxapostle »

glad you made it to both cwr! so the GHOST TOWN will not be aired or webcast i imagine, huh?
cwr

Post by cwr »

No, the cameras weren't rolling on that one.

However, since it looks like the Brooklyn Bowl concert was professionally filmed (based on that clip of "Wise Up Ghost") maybe we'll get a good video of the full concert at some point?
John

Post by John »

I notice it was Jimmy Fallon's birthday yesterday. Are guests often on twice in a week or was this a present?

Looking forward to seeing these clips. They show as unavailable to the UK unfortunately.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com ... os/n40966/
Cinco Minutos Con Vos

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com ... st/n40953/
Wise Up Ghost
****absolutely stunning performance****
sinatra57

Post by sinatra57 »

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon can be seen in the UK, I found it on CNBC via Freesat.

Friday, September 20, - 00.00 CET
Hugh Jackman, Gillian Flynn
Saturday, September 21, - 21.00 CET (Rpt)
Scarlett Johansson
Saturday, September 21, - 21.45 CET (Rpt)
Ben Affleck
Sunday, September 22, - 21.00 CET (Rpt)
Orlando Bloom
Sunday, September 22, - 21.45 CET (Rpt)
Chris Hemsworth
Monday, September 23, - 00.00 CET (Rpt)
Heidi Klum
Tuesday, September 24, - 00.00 CET (Rpt)
Hugh Jackman
Wednesday, September 25, - 00.00 CET
Joseph Gordon Levitt
Thursday, September 26, - 00.00 CET
Michael.J.Fox
Friday, September 27, - 00.00 CET
Tina Fey
Saturday, September 28, - 21.00 CET (Rpt)
Hugh Jackman
Saturday, September 28, - 21.45 CET (Rpt)
Joseph Gordon Levitt
Sunday, September 29, - 21.00 CET (Rpt)
Michael.J.Fox
Sunday, September 29, - 21.45 CET (Rpt)
Tina Fey
John

Post by John »

If you have CNBC in the UK this is about to show.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Alien eyes!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
MistakenForLilies

Post by MistakenForLilies »

Such great performances - thanks for sharing the links! I think the web exclusive "Wise Up Ghost" may be my favorite of the Jimmy Fallon performances.

I hope that maybe someone here manages to save the bonus songs somehow...the Fallon website seems to periodically take their own videos down after a certain amount of time.
Last edited by MistakenForLilies on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Otis Westinghouse

Doc W is making an offer on Dimeadozen of compiling the Fallon performances, but maybe that's just things broadcast and recorded to DVD, not web only ones. Would be great to have a compilation of the TV ones, anyway!

Unfortunately the web ones linked to above aren't watchable in the UK. Hate that stupid IP geographical restricting.

Any chance of a complete torrent of every single Costello Fallon appearance, Doc?
John

Post by John »

Did he fluff the words slightly on both appearances? Not sure as I have only seen the two main show appearances once. He was very much reading the words, not necessarily a criticism with his lyrics.
I have seen a lot of comments about how good he has sounded recently. I don't agree and think he has struggled a bit. I know sometimes in concerts his voice can get stronger as shows go one and maybe the short appearances don't help.
I hope he knows what he's doing with the almost constant touring and he is getting good advice to protect his voice.
docinwestchester

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Doc W is making an offer on Dimeadozen of compiling the Fallon performances, but maybe that's just things broadcast and recorded to DVD, not web only ones. Would be great to have a compilation of the TV ones, anyway!

Unfortunately the web ones linked to above aren't watchable in the UK. Hate that stupid IP geographical restricting.

Any chance of a complete torrent of every single Costello Fallon appearance, Doc?
Definitely. I'm putting together a complete DVD. Should be ready in the next week or so.
docinwestchester

John wrote:Did he fluff the words slightly on both appearances? Not sure as I have only seen the two main show appearances once. He was very much reading the words, not necessarily a criticism with his lyrics.
I have seen a lot of comments about how good he has sounded recently. I don't agree and think he has struggled a bit. I know sometimes in concerts his voice can get stronger as shows go one and maybe the short appearances don't help.
I hope he knows what he's doing with the almost constant touring and he is getting good advice to protect his voice.
His voice sounded great in Brooklyn.
when i was cruel

Post by when i was cruel »

docinwestchester wrote:
John wrote:Did he fluff the words slightly on both appearances? Not sure as I have only seen the two main show appearances once. He was very much reading the words, not necessarily a criticism with his lyrics.
His voice sounded great in Brooklyn.
Upon having listened to everything I can of this album it appears that his vocals have been a little down slightly but at Brooklyn he rocked hard vocally! Maybe just a little tired?
It's not the days when you leave me, but all I fear are the nights.
Otis Westinghouse

Was playing Brooklyn today and his voice has that slightly thrashed sound he might often have live. When you're there in person, it doesn't matter at all, you're experiencing the power on huge amplification amid the adrenaline of the performance, but you hear it more recorded. Not criticising, just observing, the voice is still great.
Otis Westinghouse

docinwestchester wrote:Definitely. I'm putting together a complete DVD. Should be ready in the next week or so.
You're my hero!
MistakenForLilies

Post by MistakenForLilies »

docinwestchester wrote:
Otis Westinghouse wrote:
Definitely. I'm putting together a complete DVD. Should be ready in the next week or so.
That's fantastic news. These appearances are too good not to! I hope maybe it'll be available on more than just Dime, for those who aren't on that site.
docinwestchester

MistakenForLilies wrote:
docinwestchester wrote:
Otis Westinghouse wrote:
That's fantastic news. These appearances are too good not to! I hope maybe it'll be available on more than just Dime, for those who aren't on that site.
We'll work something out.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

http://instagram.com/p/gbXV8Mi0HV/
La Marisoul wrote:#tbt #latergram Right before hitting the stage on Jimmy Fallon! Elvis Costello, yo merita y @questlove :) #wiseupghost #quebonitoeslobonito #soñandodespierta Image
docinwestchester

This reminds me that I put the EC/Roots TV appearance DVD on hold until the Clinton Global Initiative Awards performances are uploaded to hulu. This was supposed to happen in October. Still not there yet.
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

docinwestchester wrote:
Otis Westinghouse wrote:
[/quote]

Still working on this? I've noticed that some of the performances appear to be no longer available (Walk Us Uptown and Wise Up Ghost) and I can currently find only a low quality version of Cinco Minutos Con Vos, which is a really good version as it has live strings.
docinwestchester

SoulForHire wrote:
docinwestchester wrote:Definitely. I'm putting together a complete DVD. Should be ready in the next week or so.

Still working on this? I've noticed that some of the performances appear to be no longer available (Walk Us Uptown and Wise Up Ghost) and I can currently find only a low quality version of Cinco Minutos Con Vos, which is a really good version as it has live strings.
I haven't forgotten this project. I'm still waiting (hoping?) for the performance from the 2013 Clinton Global Citizen Award performance to emerge. Supposedly it was to be released on hulu, but still nothing yet. Dave, have you seen this yet?

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... 5_New_York

SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

I have searched the internet today looking for info on the Clinton show, and got nothing but goose eggs. Not even a single song was mentioned, but you'd think based on the photos that they at least played Wise Up Ghost given the presence of a megaphone.
docinwestchester

SoulForHire wrote: I can currently find only a low quality version of Cinco Minutos Con Vos, which is a really good version as it has live strings.
Here's a decent version:

https://vimeo.com/89814267