Elvis UK Tour 2013

Pretty self-explanatory
verbal gymnastics

Re: Elvis UK Tour 2013

Post by verbal gymnastics »

terryhurley wrote:
Wolverinefan wrote:Has anybody managed to get decent seats without paying for VIP tickets on this presale? Maybe each venue is different? I don't want to miss out but there will be train fares and possible hotel costs on top so it all adds up. If money was no object I'd go to the whole lot, but I have to live in the real world.
I got front row centre @ Brighton for regular price. Have to say I was quite surprised. This'll be my 11th EC show and the 6th time I've been front row. Hey ho!
That's interesting - who did you book with? The seats I looked at through Ticketmaster showed the first few rows with the extortionate prices.

I must admit, I didn't like being in the front row at Brighton last year - it was a bit sore on the neck given the height of the stage. Mind you, I'd have still probably booked Row A if I'd had the chance!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Against my better judgement maybe, got 4 standing for Southend. (or Westcliff as it really is).
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Definite for Basingstoke.....how difficult do you think it would be to get tickets for the Brighton show closer to the event or even day of the show?
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
verbal gymnastics

BWAP - good to see you're not residing in the "Where are they now?" file :lol:

I think you'll be fine for Brighton. Last year's show still had seats available on the night at the venue in the raised stalls although I could only see these from the floor.

You might be lucky and be able to pick up a single seat in the floor stalls.
terryhurley

Post by terryhurley »

verbal gymnastics wrote:
terryhurley wrote:
Wolverinefan wrote:Has anybody managed to get decent seats without paying for VIP tickets on this presale? Maybe each venue is different? I don't want to miss out but there will be train fares and possible hotel costs on top so it all adds up. If money was no object I'd go to the whole lot, but I have to live in the real world.
I got front row centre @ Brighton for regular price. Have to say I was quite surprised. This'll be my 11th EC show and the 6th time I've been front row. Hey ho!
That's interesting - who did you book with? The seats I looked at through Ticketmaster showed the first few rows with the extortionate prices.

I had a pre-sale email direct from the venue and they had all the front row, and the decent seats in the rows behind, all at regular price.
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

I really don't understand the point of the "fan club" pre-sale.
It seems anyone could get them, with no need for registration.
I looked for Brighton tickets in the pre-sale and could only find rows N or V in the stalls.
This morning on open sale I managed two tickets in Row B without a problem.
What a service to "fans"!
I would prefer it if the venues just did the sales - I logged onto the Canterbury Marlowe Theatre before work on Monday at 8am and got two front row tickets.
Also what is the logic in saying you want to sell tickets to real fans and then starting sales at 9am on a workday morning?
If they really wanted to sell to true fans then they would come on sale on a midweek evening or at a weekend.
Anyway, the credit card has taken a hit and the rant is over.
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
HopeYou'reHappyNow

Post by HopeYou'reHappyNow »

Yes, through the pre-sale, I got row 'V' at Brighton, my home town - but they have a great view of the stage and the sound balance is good there, so I'm not upset. Actually, that's not true. I'm a little upset that general sale have offered row 'B'... doesn't seem fair, but hey ho, never mind. The tickets I have for the RAH on both nights are pretty good, quite near the front. I've got a pretty decent seat for Liverpool. I've relented and booked at 5th night in Sheffield, second row. That was VIP price - the only night I've opted to pay more. So... five dates in all. I'm thinking about Southend standing, but five shows is probably enough.
"But look at yourself
You'll see you're still so young
You haven't earned the weariness
That sounds so jaded on your tongue"
HopeYou'reHappyNow

Post by HopeYou'reHappyNow »

verbal gymnastics wrote:There were 2 dates for Birmingham, the second of which (June 9th) doesn't appear to have surfaced yet. I'm looking at booking that one as well.

Keep 'em peeled...
Will do - I'm still up for it, if Elvis is...!
"But look at yourself
You'll see you're still so young
You haven't earned the weariness
That sounds so jaded on your tongue"
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

So - pre birthday treats already sorted - which means,
Birmingham, Cardiff, Bristol, Rah x2, Sheffield, Liverpool and Basingstoke all sorted - Mrs Sulky is NOT going to be happy - lots of appeasement for the next few months !! :oops:
the_roofdog

Post by the_roofdog »

Fishfinger king wrote:I really don't understand the point of the "fan club" pre-sale.
It seems anyone could get them, with no need for registration.
I looked for Brighton tickets in the pre-sale and could only find rows N or V in the stalls.
This morning on open sale I managed two tickets in Row B without a problem.
What a service to "fans"!
Seconded, it's a complete con.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Can only concur with the above, I checked the presales at lunchtime on Wednesday and then contcted St. David's Hall, Cardiff and City hall, Sheffield box offices and got far better seats - so where's the advantage to us "fans" ? I'd like a free pack of Elvis picks now please ! :lol:
Wolverinefan

Post by Wolverinefan »

terryhurley wrote:
I had a pre-sale email direct from the venue and they had all the front row, and the decent seats in the rows behind, all at regular price.
Interesting that many people seem to have quite different experiences of the presale system. I didn't receive any email at all and by the time I'd managed to get onto the presale system there were no decent seats left. Went online and found lots of sites selling front row tickets at extortionate prices last Friday, very disappointing as would dearly have loved those tickets but wonder if they were ever available at normal prices to fans? Normal sites were only offering seats way back or VIP packages. Rang RAH direct and managed to get tickets 10th row back on side block adjacent to stage. Rang Anvil and got front row side box tickets. I'm happy I've got reasonable tickets but a bit cynical about the whole presale thing now.
terryhurley

Post by terryhurley »

yes the "fan" pre-sale tickets always seem to be poor. The pre-sale direct from the venue (In this case Brighton Centre) was spot-on. Of course, I was on-line on the dot at 9AM on the day of the pre-sale and indeed was the first punter there as I picked the very first two tickets from the venue. When I checked back again about an hour later there were still decent tickets available at regular prices. Not all venues operate such a good system of course.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Just noticed on eBay, tickets for Manchrster for Elvis Costello and The Attractions - if this is the case, I'll be going to every UK show !! Does Elvis know this yet ! :lol:
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

sulky lad wrote: I'll be going to every UK show !! Does Elvis know this yet ! :lol:
... he does now
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

I don't care about best seats much, but for 100 pounds I would want Elvis to sing a song just for me. :p

Earlier this year, on the 2nd night at RAH, I bought a seat at 2nd tier but I "upgraded" it to stalls G right before the show. I know the arena section is probably better but I enjoyed both nights at the stalls. I don't remember how much I paid but it wasn't more than 40. I really don't see the point of this VIP package...
“Between tenderness and brute force.”

Last FM
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

Natasha wrote:I don't care about best seats much, but for 100 pounds I would want Elvis to sing a song just for me. :p

Earlier this year, on the 2nd night at RAH, I bought a seat at 2nd tier but I "upgraded" it to stalls G right before the show. I know the arena section is probably better but I enjoyed both nights at the stalls. I don't remember how much I paid but it wasn't more than 40. I really don't see the point of this VIP package...
I'd agree. Comments here seem to suggest the pre sale didn't necessarily offer the best seats. Speaking of the 2nd night at the RAH. I decided to grab tickets for NEXT year's 2nd night at this prestigious venue. After many failed attempts to book online I phoned "The Ticket Factory" and secured Arena F/9 23-24 I wondered if these were any good? I hear the floor is not ramped so it wouldn't be the best place to be too far back.

This site includes detailed descriptions of seating areas at the RAH http://www.theatremonkey.com/ROYALALBERTHALLARENA.htm Not being familiar with the venue I'm more confused than ever :?
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Already had Badthroatingstoke tickets and ain't buying no more.
signed with love and vicious kisses
verbal gymnastics

I agree with the comments about the presale.

There's no service for fans as a whole bunch of ticket agents sell presale tickets on their newsletters.

Elvis is not an artist for whom tickets are going to sell out straight away. If you've got time then you will get decent tickets without any problem.

I usually buy tickets as soon as they come on sale if it's practical but if even when I do this I find that better seats are available later on.

The thing I've found with the songbook shows is that it doesn't matter where you sit as there is a lot going on - watching Dixie, the spinners dancing, looking if you or someone near to you is going to get picked to spin the wheel etc.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

verbal gymnastics wrote:The thing I've found with the songbook shows is that it doesn't matter where you sit as there is a lot going on - watching Dixie
Exactly! lol

Seriously, I walked around the Royal Albert Hall during the show (it´s hard for me to stay sit on one place all the time. I need to move!) and I noticed that the venue doesn't feel big and you have a good view of the stage from anywhere. Only the seats on the sides are a bit better, of course, because they are nearer the stage. And I didn't go to the Arena Floor.

I'd also like to point out that I bought my tickets two months before the show. And I think I'm going to do the same next year.

Last FM
verbal gymnastics

Natasha wrote:
verbal gymnastics wrote:The thing I've found with the songbook shows is that it doesn't matter where you sit as there is a lot going on - watching Dixie
Exactly! lol
A woman who we both admire for the same reason :wink: :lol:
Natasha wrote:I'd also like to point out that I bought my tickets two months before the show. And I think I'm going to do the same next year.
Just as long as you're there! 8)
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

verbal gymnastics wrote: Just as long as you're there! 8)
So root for me! :D Going back to UK next year is probably my only chance to see Dixie... I mean, Elvis again. :p

Last FM
Little Fool

Post by Little Fool »

The fan pre-sale con seems to be common among all artists. It's as if the venues allocate a block of tickets about a third of the way back and then lo and behold on the regular sales day front row is readily available. !!!!!
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Just been given an early birthday present, Row B at Gateshead - bought from The Sage's own site rather than through any agencies !
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Further to my comment on the eBay ticket for Manchester with The Attractions, the event is listed under "Comedy" - bet Bruce isn't laughing !! :lol: :roll: