all this useless beauty: vinyl

Pretty self-explanatory
supplydavid

all this useless beauty: vinyl

Post by supplydavid »

I obviously missed the memo on this one, having recently decided to add the missing vinyl "LP's" to my collection when I embraced the CD. I have made steady progress picked up "Out of Our Idiot", King of America, Blood and Chocolate and Spike. Suddenly i look for "Beauty" and see crazy prices, anyone know the story....I presume a very very limited release?
bronxapostle

Re: all this useless beauty: vinyl

Post by bronxapostle »

i remember being VERY HAPPY when it did get the vinyl release and was certain to grab it on first glance. how much does it go for now???
redsfan720

Post by redsfan720 »

The only vinyl copy currently for sale on Discogs is selling for about $41 USD (plus shipping). It's shipping from a seller in Germany who says it's in near mint condition. The listing if anyone is interested:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?releas ... 1021&ev=rb

I'd spring for it but I have more urgent things on my plate on which I should be spending that money. Tsk tsk.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

I posted photos of my vinyl copy in this -

http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB2 ... php?t=3480
Pigalle

Post by Pigalle »

brilliantmistake

Post by brilliantmistake »

I have a vinyl copy of ATUB that I have hanging up in my house (right next to a signed copy of Aim and Delivery Man). I found it in a random mall record store discount bin maybe a year or so after the album originally came out. It was the only time I ever saw it for sale originally. I know now if goes for at least $40 for a decent copy. I wish they would reissue those 90s EC albums on nice new 180gram. It would be cool to see this one and MLAR be available at a reasonable price.

The mid/late 90s were Vinyl's lowest point in terms of sales. Most titles from this time period are worth decent amounts of money right now.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I bet MLAR and ATUB would sound superb on the MoFi reissues - I'm waiting for GH to reach me from the States and both TYM and AF sound sublime especially the bass work but MAIT was the remastering that most pleased me especially with more John McFee !!
DodgyTC

Post by DodgyTC »

Hey guys, does your vinyl copy of BEAUTY come with an insert sheet? I got mine of ebay for about $30 and no insert, but some copies I have seen on ebay seem to have an one.
Can anybody post a scan?

Thanks
TC
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

My vinyl copy came with just a polythene inner sleeve and no insert so I'm not sure if there ever was an insert - but any copy would be welcome !!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

My copy has a LP size insert , merely a flimsy page with the lyrics and the recording credits.

It is , of course, missing many of the images in the CD edition, that I discussed with it's designer , Steve Averill, here -
http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB3 ... ve+Averill