Adele and Duffy

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
BlueChair

Adele and Duffy

Post by BlueChair »

Any good? I'm finding it funny, reading all these articles about the supposed "next Amy Winehouse."
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
martinfoyle

Re: Adele and Duffy

Post by martinfoyle »

Yeah, they're being drowned in hype the poor pets. Love the Adele album, nice and simple, great Bob cover, and, while I haven't heard it, the Duffy's album multi-production credits and mixed reviews seem to imply it's a bit overcooked. Good luck to them.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Adele seems to have some talent, the Chasing Pavements (or whatever) single is good. Duffy is more manufactured, nice voice, totally retro look. Both could be contenders in the future. 'The next Amy' thing is corny and inevitable, but let's hope it unearths some more talent.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

I'd rather listen to Leona Lewis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za1hOh7SsR4
strangerinthehouse

Post by strangerinthehouse »

Adele seems to have some talent, the Chasing Pavements (or whatever) single is good. Duffy is more manufactured, nice voice, totally retro look....
Agree, I was listening to Adele's album and her voice was much better, I was struck by it a couple of times.
And you try so hard
to be like the big boys
@shellacandvinyl
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Duffy is supporting Paul Weller tomorrow night so I'm looking forward to seeing her. I really like her album but am encouraged about the reports here about Adele.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
namesock

Post by namesock »

Love Duffy and hopefully will not be the next Winehouse as her drug taking has overshadowed her music
Jack of All Parades

Post by Jack of All Parades »

Have to cop to a secret vice that I have enjoyed this past year- the album '21' by Adele. It may very well be my favorite record from this past year. I find it's honest, intelligent approach to relationships and male/female relations keen and invigorating and the woman can flat out sing. Have been ruminating about relationships over the past few months and this record has been most useful in forming my thoughts. Most telling that as I have played this record regularly this year and still do not feel tired of it. Always a telling sign that I will still be placing the album in my player fifteen years from now!
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

She seems genuine, honest and has no desire to be part of the "business".

And she makes great records.

I'd make that secret vice a more public one.

Say it loud and say it proud young Christopher!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

What a difference 3 years make.

I do love Adele's voice, but find some of here stuff sort of repetitive lyrically. Like the Someone Like You song. There's two sentences in there. Over and over. Sung with passion, yes.

Duffy. Idk.

Leona Lewis is not too shabby.

Didn't they all go to school together?
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

I haven't heard Adele's first record or Duffy's second. But the former's second and the latter's first are cracking good listens.
redsfan720

Post by redsfan720 »

What's guilty about '21?' It's a fantastic album. Great production, quality songwriting, and Adele not only has an unbelievable voice, but she knows how to use it unbelievably well. I'm not sure if I'd choose it as my personal favorite album of the year, but I'm not seeing any way it doesn't win that award at the Grammys this year considering the competition. And it deserves it.

Duffy is good. I've had the pleasure of seeing her in concert, and that is a MUCH better setting for her. For some reason, her voice hasn't really translated as well on recordings. At least not to my taste. She needs to find better producers. The talent's there.