Excellent & Very Rare 80's Videos Including I Stand Accused

Pretty self-explanatory
John

Re: Excellent & Very Rare 80's Videos Including I Stand Accu

Post by John »

Oh my! What a dreadful version of Possession, Mr C obviously well oiled!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Great job Doc!
I Stand Accused on Alright Now, August 7 '80
Possession on Alright Now, August 7 '80
Doc. includes this note -

From the booklet with The Right Spectacle DVD, Elvis' comments on the 1983 Tube appearance included -

'This show was shot in the Newcastle studio of Tyne-Tees Television, where three years earlier, we had gone on a drunken rampage through another Mickie Most production called ' Alright Now'. I'm surprised they let us back in. Thankfully, no tape exists of us "improving" a performance by The Blues Band by joining in with their number and a spectacularly sozzled rendition of 'I Stand Accused' is probably better left in the archive where it cannot be a bad influence on young and impressionable musicians.

Not anymore!
the_platypus

Post by the_platypus »

Awkward...
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Pleased to say these are from my video which I originally traded with Gordon from Northern Ireland for about 15 year ago. I actually didn't realise that some of these were "uncirculated" and had only sent the video tape to Mr Foyle to help with his Macroom research. Assuming I live to the ripe old age of 147, I should eventually get around to converting all the video tape that I have to DVD and hopefully liberate some more rarities to Youtube or dime
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

the_platypus wrote:

Awkward...
He's being a bit difficult, no?
jillbeast

Post by jillbeast »

Wow, thanks!! Can't wait to watch!

Jill
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sulky lad wrote:Pleased to say these are from my video which I originally traded with Gordon from Northern Ireland for about 15 year ago. I actually didn't realise that some of these were "uncirculated" and had only sent the video tape to Mr Foyle to help with his Macroom research. Assuming I live to the ripe old age of 147, I should eventually get around to converting all the video tape that I have to DVD and hopefully liberate some more rarities to Youtube or dime
thanks sulky...always great seeing clips we've never seen before. cheers man!!!
krm

Post by krm »

The alright now clips are just fantastic! Strange to me that they never showed up on any bootlegs (vinyl, tape or CD) during all these years. Both I stand accused and possession are great -in a way - versions.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

krm wrote:The alright now clips are just fantastic! Strange to me that they never showed up on any bootlegs (vinyl, tape or CD) during all these years. Both I stand accused and possession are great -in a way - versions.
There's a dearth of Get Happy!! videos, it seems. Too bad 'cause it's such a great album.
Ulster Boy

Post by Ulster Boy »

I've a couple of mimed performances somewhere, I can’t stand up and Black and white world on German TV (Rockpop?) and King Horse from Whitelight.
deerfried

Post by deerfried »

docinwestchester wrote:
the_platypus wrote:

Awkward...
He's being a bit difficult, no?

Whoah. By the end of this interview EC is just spiraling downward. When they ask him about unemployment the bile is really churning. Tramp the Dirt Down anyone?
Man out of Time

Re: Excellent & Very Rare 80's Videos Including I Stand Accused

Post by Man out of Time »

I note that the audio from the performance of Uncomplicated, with The Attractions from the Old Grey Whistle Test, on May 27, 1986 was included in a radio show repeated on BBC Radio 2 earlier this year.

Old Grey Whistle Test 40 was a sixteen part series broadcast originally in November 2011 and repeated in 2013 and May 2018.

Odd to have an anniversary programme repeated at odd intervals, but it seems the BBC will put out stuff just to fill the airtime, rather than commission new programming.

MOOT