Shakin Stevens in Perth concert shocker!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
laughingcrow

Shakin Stevens in Perth concert shocker!

Post by laughingcrow »

I was perusing The Scottish Sun (yes, our neds read a different paper to their close cousins, the chavs) today and my eyes were assaulted by an article tarnishing the good name of none other than Shakin Stevens!

Shakin' Stevens - for those of you not in the know, he is a Welsh glam rock'n'roller from the 70s, a one-hit wonder but has been relatively succesful due to his masculine charms and massive...female fanbase. He is sort of a poor man's Cliff Richard.

Well, anyway, apparently 'Shaky' was giving a 'concert' in Perth, and was approached by a woman with a camera mid-performance. She was snapping away, and he apparently made some gesture of protestation. She carried on snapping despite her idol's apparent discomfort...only for Shakin Stevens (real name Mr Michael Barrett m'lud) to grab her pink Olympus Mu, and throw it across the hall..smashing it into smithereens!

She waited to confront him after the gig...only for him to refuse to speak to her. To his credit, he gave her 300 nicker for a new camera...but the poor girl was crestfallen. Her idol for so long, reduced to smash'n'grab thug overnight!

She was pictured today, alongside her 'Shaky' LP collection, looking forlorn. Presumably Shaky has lost a fan....and he needs all the fans he can get.

There is no record of this online...Scots Sun not available on the internet (conspiracy? pro-shaky media blackout perhaps?), but the good deniens of http://www.forevershakin.co.uk have a good deal to say on the matter. Some obviously with Shaky on this one, some appalled at his uncouth behaviour toward a lady fan.
yeah shaky was right to do what he did, a girl got up and tried to get a close up shot of shaky, in which he grabbed her camera and threw it to the far side of the room Hilarious......this is why elvis had bad eyes and shaky made the comment that it was affecting him with all the flashes....................JUST DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red55

I´m totally shocked about Shaky ´s behaviour!!

Beeing a Massive loyal fan since 1980, seeing him live 9 times, I ´ve never seen him act this rude!!

I takled to him twice, and he´s was extremly nice, gentle, down to earth!

So acting the way he just did, with this ladys camere-phone, was a very bad thing to do..

I loose my respect to people like this!

Shakin Johnny

Let this be a warning to anyone who trys to snap EC next tour...he might just end up throwing your Fuji at you!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

LC

I'm no shaky fan (honest!!), but I think you do him a disservice to say he was a one hit wonder.

As I recall, he had big hits with

Green Door
This Ole House
Shirley
Oh Julie
Marie Marie (clearly liked the ladies)
Cry Just a little Bit
Merry Christmas Everyone
You Drive me Crazy
A rockin good way (with Bonnie Tyler :roll: )
Blue Christmas
Hot Dog

He may have been shit.....but he was prolifically shit :lol:

I read the Scottish Sun when I was in the Highlands earlier in the year. There were an unbelievable 8 pages devoted to a bad referee's decision at a Hearts match................fantastically OTT
corruptio optimi pessima
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

corruptio optimi pessima
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Re: Shakin Stevens in Perth concert shocker!

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

laughingcrow wrote:... our neds ... their close cousins, the chavs
Sorry to divert attention from all things Shakey, but I find these nouns fascinating.

I gather that every part of the UK has a different word for their own Burberry wearing underclass, but I'd just like to point out that the (seemingly going national) term chav is a derivative of the original Geordie forms of charve or charva. So there!
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

This thread is only one notch up from WHAR's exit-prompting Brian Pepper one!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Hey! ouch...come on, this is a funny, music related issue..not internet dog mess like wot he posted.

RE: chavs...interesting. Apparently in Northern Ireland they call them spides due to the similarities between shellsuits and spiderman's costume.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Otis wrote:
This thread is only one notch up from WHAR's exit-prompting Brian Pepper one!
WHAR's gone? Off to 'Nam to help free Gary Glitter?

I can't tell my Shaky Stevens' from my Alvin Stardusts.....so much to learn.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Yeah he posted a 'grossout' picture of a deformed sex offender...which, quite rightly, doesn't really belong on an arts forum.
Oh well.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Boy With A Problem wrote:I can't tell my Shaky Stevens' from my Alvin Stardusts.....so much to learn.
A decade separates them. Shaky was a corny rock'n'roll throwback who was successful way beyond his meagre talents, Alvin was at the tacky end of the glam rock thing, mixing up teddy boy quiffs and leathers with it, and making us all laugh on Top of the Pops. heards him on, I think, Jonathan Ross recently and he sounded like a nice fella.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more