Put yourself on the map

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I know, we were slow, but we're in now.

Vez, you're making the south look bad, buddy. Get yourself in there!!!!!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Nearly three dozen now. Looking good.

http://www.frappr.com/elviscostellofans
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
little martinet

Post by little martinet »

Hey WSS! I just noticed my name on this thread and thought I'd take the opportunity to bump it up ('cause there is definitely more than 36 people on this board)!

Yeah, I'm up here representing the Maritimes for y'all...well technically I'm representing the Atlantic provinces too since I'm from Newfoundland, which isn't considered a Maritime province. I think it's because Newfoundland wasn't a part of Canada when NS, NB and PEI became known as the Maritime provinces (so NS, NB, PEI and NL are collectively known as the Atlantic provinces). WSS, I hope you can make it to PEI someday...it's really like a different planet up here!

Just popping in to share some random Canadian trivia! haha! I've been terrible for posting...so busy with school and weekend road trips (I just went to see U2 in Montreal, it was a fantastic show...I know some people on the board don't care for U2 that much but I love them!)
Last edited by little martinet on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

little martinet wrote:(I just went to see U2 in Montreal, it was a fantastic show...I know some people on the board don't care for U2 that much but I love them!)
My wife and I saw their show at MSG back in October and I really enjoyed it. The only concert I've seen that can compare to it as a spectacle was Peter Gabriel's "Growing Up" tour a few years back. Really tight band too - you'll get that way touring 300 days a year I suppose.

There are definitely more than 36 regular posters on here. Now that laughingcrow is back he can make himself the first one north of Hadrian's Wall. :-)
little martinet

Post by little martinet »

Who Shot Sam? wrote: My wife and I saw their show at MSG back in October and I really enjoyed it. The only concert I've seen that can compare to it as a spectacle was Peter Gabriel's "Growing Up" tour a few years back. Really tight band too - you'll get that way touring 300 days a year I suppose.
Last edited by little martinet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

little martinet wrote:
Who Shot Sam? wrote: My wife and I saw their show at MSG back in October and I really enjoyed it. The only concert I've seen that can compare to it as a spectacle was Peter Gabriel's "Growing Up" tour a few years back. Really tight band too - you'll get that way touring 300 days a year I suppose.
That's a good way to put it - it was quite the spectacle! I have an extremely long review of the show here: http://pattimchugh.blogspot.com/2005/11 ... -ever.html
Looks like a very similar set list to the one we had in New York. We were not general admission, but had good seats with a nice view of the stage and were on our feet most of time anyway. Sounds like you had a great time. We get up to Montreal or Quebec every few years with the kids, so I know the places you describe well.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

There's 37 of us at the moment...

...but some notable names are missing.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
strangerinthehouse

Post by strangerinthehouse »

Wow that is pretty cool.
I just dropped into the map, am I the only one in Florida?
And you try so hard
to be like the big boys
@shellacandvinyl
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I'm added by jove! Im also the only person in Scotland with a computer AND a record collection.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

42 now - not bad.

Any chance we could put a link somewhere on the main page? I get the feeling that there are some people who post on here fairly regularly who do not participate in the insanity that is The Annex.
LittleFoole

Post by LittleFoole »

Am finally on there...pretty cool.....Hmmmm, it appears Mood Swung is not far at all from the Foole family ;) :lol:
verbal gymnastics

Who Shot Sam? wrote:Any chance we could put a link somewhere on the main page? I get the feeling that there are some people who post on here fairly regularly who do not participate in the insanity that is The Annex.
That's a great idea.

Calling DrS...
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

I've added a link to the jump off page at http://www.elviscostellofans.com.

Spooky suggested putting some links until the line at the top of the phpbb which says "Elvis Costello Fan Forum" but that will be a bit harder. I will look into that as well.

FWIW customized details like the logos at the top are part of the phpbb style which we have also discussed. Every customization like this has to be applied to every style available. Not a big deal yet but I don't want to support 100 styles. Maybe 1 or 2 more if people can decide.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

DrSpooky wrote:I've added a link to the jump off page at http://www.elviscostellofans.com.

Spooky suggested putting some links until the line at the top of the phpbb which says "Elvis Costello Fan Forum" but that will be a bit harder. I will look into that as well.

FWIW customized details like the logos at the top are part of the phpbb style which we have also discussed. Every customization like this has to be applied to every style available. Not a big deal yet but I don't want to support 100 styles. Maybe 1 or 2 more if people can decide.
Cool, thanks Doc. The more I think about it, the happier I am with the current style. None of the other choices were better, and many were far worse.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Who Shot Sam? wrote: The more I think about it, the happier I am with the current style. None of the other choices were better, and many were far worse.
I recall a couple I thought were better in my opinion but, regardless of the style, larger type on the posting panel would be uppermost on my wishlist.

Nice colour co-ordination on the front page Doc.
verbal gymnastics

Thanks, as ever, DrS.
Misha

Post by Misha »

I've managed to get on there, but I don't have any photos handy.....

I might even try to go on twice.
Cause I still don't feel like I live here!!!

:shock:
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?