ELVIS COSTELLO FAN FORUM TRIBUTE CD

Pretty self-explanatory
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Can I please have a copy blue?
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

Now that we have the dedicated server there is no disk space limit. So whenever it is ready, we can make it available via the site.
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

And then what happens....we can download it? How does it get to EC?
And all us adoring fans who will be attending one of his shows, do we get a finished copy to present to him? :D

(I know this has been mentioned many times before, but could you tell us again how we can compensate you, Blue et al, for your time and expense?)
I'm not angry anymore....
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

No compensation is necessary! Those who know how can download the files to their computers and burn them CD. I'm sure there are a lot of board members who would be happy to burn a copy for those unable to do so (myself included).

I promise I will try to put more time into this and get it done... to be honest, the whole Being There thing has taken up most of my personal life since August :oops:
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Cool!

If needed, I have no prob burning and getting a copy to anyone who wants one.

So close, Blue.....I'm getting so excited!

(Wouldn't you just love to be a fly on the wall when E finally does get a listen? I can't imagine that he would be anything less than completely flattered to be presented with such an obvious labor of love.)
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

I can't be the only one on pins and needles.......whatever happened to the tribute disc?
And SulkyGirl......has anyone heard from her?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

shhhhhhh :oops:
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

I'm sorry! :cry:
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

...hi I'm a new member! I just wanted tyo find out how to get these songs!!

P.S Has Elvis got the CD yet, his tour comes back to the U.S.A in a month I beleive. Since these files are mp3's couldnt it be possible to e-mail it to him???

--thomasso
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

Well, I guess I'm just anewbie eh? Somethings never change. If you'll ever come around to it i may have a way of reaching elvis, say, electronically. If any of you are interested post me back!!
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

Sooooo, what are we actually waiting for here?
If you dont have time to do whatever needs to be done Blue , Im sure someone else on the board would be willing to do it , like artwork etc ?
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

sulkygirl had been working on some artwork but I'm not sure whatever happened with that.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Maybe it's time to just start over on that. Doc and I will do whatever is necessary. It's too bad that no one knows where Sulky is or what happened, but this thing has been lingering around forever and it needs to be completed once and for all.

Why don't we just start over on the artwork? Any other ideas? We need closure here.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Good idea.

Let me organize what I have and get back to you with what else needs to be wrapped up.
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

You're just starting over with the artwork, right? No new contributions?
What this world needs is more silly men.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Well... what do others think? Do we want to wrap this thing up as we have it (with about 10 submissions) or should we allow for additional submissions from some of our newer members?
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

Hopefully I'll be EC jamming with new board member Renfield on Monday, so there might be a duet there...? Are there any so far?
What this world needs is more silly men.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

At this point, there's no hurry. We might as well take on additional contributions, right?
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

I think if King Hoarse wants to do something thats fine but we should still move ahead and finish off any artwork and anything else that needs to be done and if anyone else wants to do something they should speak now - and we should put a strict deadline in place for any further contributions to be finished and sent in - those are my thoughts anyway.
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Okay, let's have an open call for anyone else who wants to contribute to have their submissions in by July 1st. Anything that isn't in by then will not be accepted.

Also, anyone interested in contributing should check with me first to make sure no one else has recorded the song or songs they want to do.
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

If you guys want I'll pressure my father into giving me Elvis' e-mail, then you guys can e-mail the cd (and the art). The chances are pretty low he'll give 'em to me (especially with the way things are going) but I'll try if you're interested.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

July 1 sounds fine to me.

Like I said earlier, Doc and I will do whatever. I can even put the daughter to work on it - she's 16 and artsy and loves Elvis.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

thomasso wrote:If you guys want I'll pressure my father into giving me Elvis' e-mail, then you guys can e-mail the cd (and the art). The chances are pretty low he'll give 'em to me (especially with the way things are going) but I'll try if you're interested.
Your father has Elvis' e-mail?
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Yeah, I was wondering, but I didn't know if I should ask. . . . . .
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Blue, like I mentioned to you earlier, we've got the resourses and my son goes to art school and digs EC. (His band does a cover of RadioRadio)

He's a senior graphics design major at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia. Very creative, very visual and detail oriented, good with a camera. He works with fonts and knows Flash and Photo Shop. I believe he has an online portfolio, if you're interested in that. He does good work. He's done his band's website and their CD design......etc. (See nineafternine.com) I think the new site is up and running

We'd love to help. Let us know if there's anything we can do.