Jack and Meg White in São Paulo

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Bob And Charlotte

Jack and Meg White in São Paulo

Post by Bob And Charlotte »

Last saturday i saw the best concert of my life.

If you saw Nirvana in 1992 or The Clash in 1980 you will know what i am talking about....

Of course is always a pleasure to see a legend like Brian Wilson performing his good old songs, but there´s nothing like witnessing a band at its peak.

Jack White is as good a frontman as can be. He is on the same league as Bowie, Mercury or Jagger. He plays his guitar with a passion that is rare nowadays while little sweet Meg plays nicely and in total conection with him.... The White Stripes is easily the best and the most sincere band on earth since the Radiohead from Ok Computer.

In a world where 'the backstreet boys wearing torn clothes' sells millions of records , this group can not be overlooked by those who love good music.

Please don´t confuse the White Stripes with the likes of Frans Ferdinand, Libertines, the Hives or many of those 'next big thing' magazine nonsense.

they are real and are really good.
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Good to hear from you again, B&C.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
Bob And Charlotte

youre way to kind ice nine,

now let me start talking about how perfect Blonde on Blonde is .... :lol:
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Welcome back, B&C
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Bob And Charlotte

thanks Blue.... btw beingtheremag.com have been a great source of movie and music info....

what´s your name ? i always try to guess who you are at 10x5....
(i mean, if you do appear there....)
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jack and Meg were interviewed on NPR's "Fresh Air" by Terry Gross. Link:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... ceCode=RSS
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick