Crazy?

Pretty self-explanatory
Nibby

Post by Nibby »

I'm reading the new Elvis biog by Graeme Thomson and listening to the albums as I read about them. I'm also listening to the bonus cd's and all bootlegs relating to the period i'm reading about. The trouble is that everytime i read 20 pages i have about 5 hours worth of music to listen to. I hope to finish the book before the year is out!
MistakenForLilies

Post by MistakenForLilies »

MegJS wrote:oh and I wanted to say a few words about his sexual attractiveness
He is attractive for me - but not in spite of his receding hair, short height, pasty thighs and rolls of fat bulging from his suit - I love him for that too. Cos it's natural and I love him as he is. I don't separate his songs and his voice from his fat, he's natural and charming and attractive....
and not that fat by the way :)
Now that was pretty well-said. Thank you. I'll have to remember that next time somebody asks me to explain myself regarding that...
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Wow, you ladies are flipping me out. I was always questioned as to why I thought EC is so sexy and why would I be attracted to him.
It was like, WHAT?
Hey, I don't care what anyone thinks. He's sooooo sexy.

BLAAAAHHH!!

It's not just that, it's the whole package. I don't think men look at it the same way woman do. Men are extremely visual. They don't give a crap if you look like a Victoria's Secret model and sound like a moron when you open your mouth.
I'm not angry anymore....
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

SweetPear wrote:Cope~ I have to say, there are certain cultures of men who appreciate a curvy, voluptuous woman and African American men are one of them.
BUT, it's one thing to have a nice, round booty, it's another to be a big girl all over.
You are so right...a big and solid ass is quite alright as long as the rest of the woman is in good shape :lol:

The more cushion, the more pushin'. :lol:
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Cope~Sounds like you know what you're talking about. :lol:
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Whoa! I must have been too busy to have seen this thread for a few days. I have some comments.

I think Elvis is sexy as well. And it IS the whole package. I do think that is the way most women see men though.

As for curvy women, well, I have many generations of curvy women ahead of me, so a flat, thin shape was never in the cards for me. Having said that, I do get hit on by a lot of African American men. They don't mind telling you that they like the way you look.

Boy, this thread keeps straying. . . . . . . . :lol:
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

[whispering]
Spooky~I'm not a blonde like you, but I've always gotten hit on by Latino and Black men too.
:wink:
Monkey Girl

The Voice

Post by Monkey Girl »

You are right about that, Spooky. Notice it's the men that don't think he's sexy...

Anyway...the attractiveness... don't you think it all stems from his voice? Such a rich full baritone...packed with emotion. Sometimes smooth and deep.... at times rough and raw...but always captivating. Mesmerizing at times...for me.

I was listening to EC in the car the other day, with a friend who's is not a fan (how could that be?...you know, that she could be my friend...!) And she said: "Wow...what a sexy voice, who is that?"

I said: "That's Elvis Costello...and he IS the sexiest man on earth...other than my husband, of course"!
bobster

Post by bobster »

As a slightly pudgy, short, balding guy, I may not understand the ladies' physical attraction to EC, but I will defend to the death your right to express it!
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Monkey Girl

Post by Monkey Girl »

Thanks Bobster!!!

bobster wrote:As a slightly pudgy, short, balding guy, I may not understand the ladies' physical attraction to EC, but I will defend to the death your right to express it!
But are you saying that you are slightly pudgy, short and balding too?
bobster

Post by bobster »

I prefer to think of myself as appropriately sized and haired for this era of realistic expectations.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Monkey Girl

Post by Monkey Girl »

bobster wrote:I prefer to think of myself as appropriately sized and haired for this era of realistic expectations.
Very nice, Bobster.
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Yes, it all stems from his voice.
A rope leash

Sexy dog

Post by A rope leash »

Elvis has always managed to have "presence". He doesn't have the sexiness that would make me want to fuck him on the spot, but when he's onstage doing his thing he is very much "a man".

I'm mostly hertero. I don't want to do anything with a penis. If Elvis asked me to, though, I'd have to say, sure, please, but just don't break my heart there hero...
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

I'm hearing ya, Rope. It's kind of the same for me......I said kind of. (I just don't have your aversion to doing anything with a penis..... :wink: )

But attractive and sexy as I think EC is to me, I can't ever imagine him standing there in his knickers......ever! :lol:

(There's a thread.....what do you imagine the man to look like under those jackets and ties?) :lol: :lol:
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

What actually IS this thread supposed to be about? :lol:
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

SweetPear wrote:But attractive and sexy as I think EC is to me, I can't ever imagine him standing there in his knickers......ever! :lol:
Now that really made me laugh!! I reckon they are baggy grey y-fronts with holes in them.....have I killed the dream yet girls???? :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

You gals have to let go of thinking about that underwear thing and think about him whispering in your ear with that voice of his. If he did that, would you really care about his undies?
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

spooky girlfriend wrote: I do get hit on by a lot of African American men. They don't mind telling you that they like the way you look.
That's nothin'! Last week, an 80-year-old man asked me to spank him! He made no comment about my ass, but you could tell what he was thinkin'.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

spooky girlfriend wrote:You gals have to let go of thinking about that underwear thing and think about him whispering in your ear with that voice of his. If he did that, would you really care about his undies?

YES!!!!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

G2S, you do have the most interesting friends!

I've been driving my husband's 1986 Ford F-150 (old rope could show you a photo), and I've been getting the nods and two fingered waves from Good Ole Boys of all ages. It's a boost to my ego, which needs all the boosting it can get, as do most of my elderly body parts.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
A rope leash

Auto-erotica

Post by A rope leash »

We'll never see Elvis dressed up like David Lee Roth, or Micheal Jackson, or Prince, or George Clinton. He's just not a child.

I watched the movie Wattstax a couple weeks ago. It's about a concert that was held in Watts, CA in the early '70s to commemorate the Watts riots of the '60s. All kinds of funk...I don't know who this one guy was, but he was wearing a halter top, tight shiny pants, tons of gold chain, and a huge white afro-natural. He started up the band by stepping to the mic and saying some "real heavy shit". It was like, "Hey, I'm dressed up like Big Bird but, please, take me seriously!"

As for Elvis underwear, I'd be very disappointed if they were anything less than silk.

Mood - You might be surprised at the looks I get in my 1970 F-250. It's kind of junky, but it still makes folks smile. (A nice set of wheels might get me some strange...)
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

Didnt he once give a pair of his underwear to David Letterman (a la Madonna)? If memory serves they were black jockeys ...

Not that Id know about such things ...
a rope leash wrote:If Elvis asked me to, though, I'd have to say, sure, please, but just don't break my heart there hero...
Ive just always figured that, should that most unlikely of things ever occur, Elvis could only break my heart. He would break my heart and write a song about the pieces.

I dont see how it could be any other way.
A rope leash

A worthy goal...

Post by A rope leash »

Wouldn't it be great to have your heart broken by Elvis Costello, and for him to write a song about it?

How odd it is for a man like me to be having such a fantasy.

I could write a tell-all book about it.

Or, who knows? Maybe it could work out. We could move to Vermont.

We could perform a duet at our ceremony!

There's no doubt he's the man.
A rope leash

Natch

Post by A rope leash »

All we've done is bitch about women our whole lives, anyway...