Easytree.org site shut down

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Easytree.org site shut down

Post by spooky girlfriend »

http://easytree.org/

From the site:

Hello gals and guys,

We're very sorry having to tell you that we had to shut down EZT forever just a couple of minutes ago.

We got a call from our provider, they had received a few letters from a couple of lawyers. They requested EZT to be shut down immediately, otherwise we and the hosting service would be sued.

As you may imagine, we do not have the funds to fight a battle we most probably can't win anyway.

We would like to thank everyone here for their contributions to EZT, one way or the other, for sharing the music, sharing an ideal, for all your mails, rants, praises...

To say it with Joan Armatrading:

We had fun, fun, fun, fun
fun, fun, fun, fun
we had fun -- while it lasted...
--"Tall in the Saddle"--

You all take good care!

The EZT team
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Damn.

I loved that site.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

Aw man, that's terrible.

I managed to get a bunch of great bootlegs/dvds before they shut down though. Oh well, it was great while it lasted.
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

This is becoming a trend. There was a great site called sharingthegroove.org that was shut down late last year.
Branst

Post by Branst »

Dammit. This is terrible news! EasyTree was a great resource for live material. If it wasn't for EasyTree, I would've never had the chance to enjoy hearing Elvis Costello play live. I live in a city that Elvis never comes to on his tours and listening to these recordings is the closest I can get to actually being there.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Is anyone really surprised? The RIAA's been going around like an 800 lb. elephant stomping these things out since they discovered Napster. People will find new ways to get this stuff.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick