Complicated Shadows corrected

Pretty self-explanatory
Otis Westinghouse

Complicated Shadows corrected

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

It took them two months, but Canongate finally replied to my letter. I expressed my horror to them at Thomson's seeming ignorance of the whole GH side 1/2 prank (original sleeve has ICSUFFD as side one, label has LFT), with his comment about the NME's Paul Rambali 'seeming to have listened to side 2 first' and was told 'I've contacted GT with your comment regarding GH's labelling, and he's altered the text slightly for our B-format edition'. Hooray! Moral victory! Will 'slightly' be enough?

And in response to my offer of a 10 hour thorough proofread for £15 an hour (from an eagle-eyed pro, despite my frequent lack of message board proofreading!), they say 'We'd realised that the proofreading had been somewhat lacking and the texthas been thoroughly proofed for the next edition. Unfortunately, your freelance rates are slightly [that word again!] beyond our reach.' Damn, was looking forward to the task and the cash!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

You think there's still time for me to offer my proofreading services at a lower rate than yours? I'll be happy to give you a cut.

It's supposed to be out here in the US next month -- I know what section I'll be reading first.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Well they say it has been proofed, but you could always contact Helen Bleck, Managing Editor at Canongate, and see what she says! Wonder if it's been cleaned up for the US printing.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

don't know about that but it is available for pre-order from amazon on our very own front page...
Like me, the "g" is silent.