Ec on Dutch TV

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Ec on Dutch TV

Post by sweetest punch »

For all you people in Belgium and Holland: EC is on TV tonight.

His concert at North Sea Jazz Festival 2004 with The Metropole Orchestra will be aired on Dutch TV channel 'Nederland 3' on January 5th, with a second part to be aired on January 12th.

The TV program is called 'NPS Output' and it will air around midnight.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

This is the setlist for the TV airing of the North Sea Jazz concert:

1. Interview + rehearselfootage (Almost Ideal Eyes/Almost blue) (*)
2. Watching The Detectives
3. Speak Darkly, My Angel (*)
4. Almost Ideal Eyes (*)
5. Can You Be True

(*) has been in previous TV broadcast in July 2004.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
frank

Post by frank »

Waarom eens niet in het nederlands?

Ik vond het Metropole Orkest niet zo fantastisch. (althans op TV) Tijdens de uitvoering van 'Almost Ideal Eyes' (ook uitvoerig te zien tijdens de repetities) hadden ze duidelijk last met het brugje.

Ook tijdens de uitvoering was dit volgens mij alles behalve vlekkeloos. De orchestleider (naam ontsnapt me even) stond er ook nogal lullig bij, vond ik.

Wel een knappe uitvoering van 'Watching the dedectives'.

Al kaarten voor 26/1 ?

Frank.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

I attended the concert with the Metropole Orchestra on July 8, 2004 and after listening to the bootleg a lot and after seeing this TV footage, I have to conclude that this could be a very exciting project for EC.

He experimented before with chamberorchestra's and complete orchestra's and the results were often mixted (Meltdown 1995, Later 1996, Swedisch Radio Orchestra 1996 and 1999,...).

But with the Metropole Orchestra EC has now an orchestra that has the ability and the dynamics to play an interesting set. The new songs and the arrangements for older songs worked really well. The orchestrated songs from his backcatalogue (songs from North and Painted From Memory) sounded really fresh and exciting.

I hope EC will work more with this orchestra in the future.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

This is the setlist from the second TV broadcast on Dutch TV channel NEDERLAND 3. Aired this wednesdaynight.

EC and Metropole Orchestra on July 9, 2004
1. Still
2. Deep Dark Truthfull Mirror
3. Dust/Dust2
4. My Flame Burns Blue
5. Hora Decubitus
6. God Give Me Strenght