Delivery Man Deluxe Edition - March 1st

Pretty self-explanatory
elvicos01

Delivery Man Deluxe Edition - March 1st

Post by elvicos01 »

Another re-release, this one in the US.

see link:

http://www.elviscostello.com

Lost Highway will release a deluxe edition of 'The Delivery Man' on 3/1 in the US. It will include a bonus video of "Bedlam" from the Eagle Rock DVD and 'The Clarksdale Sessions' bonus disc containing 7 songs

I guess I won't have to hook-up my turntable after all.
Why are we racing to be so old?
normabuel

Post by normabuel »

But still no "She's Pulling Out the Pin" in the US? It doesn't look like this release will include it.
A rope leash

Innocence

Post by A rope leash »

We just wouldn't be able to take it. We would run around crazily, trying to rip our ears off. It would cause a complete breakdown of proper society, and it could wind up affecting our parent's credit rating.

It just can't be tolerated on US soil! Elvis is evil! Look! It's the same letters! Out, out damn spot!
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Rope: One word -
Lithium
Another Word -
Intravenous
Final Word -
Stat
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

questions and comments:

1. I keep hoping against hope that the bonus disc for TDM will be available by itself, since as much as I enjoy the album I don't want to have to buy a second copy. (I never listen to Cruel Smile, but I was happy it was a separate release.)

2. Any idea how much they're selling the vinyl for?

3. None of these include the iTunes stuff, right?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

2. Any idea how much they're selling the vinyl for?

see
http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB2 ... php?t=2885[/url]
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

johnfoyle wrote:2. Any idea how much they're selling the vinyl for?
see
http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB2 ... php?t=2885[/url]
Thank you sir -- the lowest price I see is 7 bucks through Tower.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Im gonna buy it just for the cover... :lol: brill

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Chrille

Post by Chrille »

Cool, so it includes all the tracks included on the vinyl, UK and japanese editions then? I was expecting something like this, that's why I didn't buy TDM when it was first released.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The above one is an import from the UK.

See http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 82-8286033

That's why it has "She's pulling out the pin" on it.

Hurray, we get the limited edition also in Europe, and sooner than in the USA!
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

It's cheaper too, haha!
John

Post by John »

Timed to go with the tour and only a few months after buying once. He sure knows how to screw his fans. No The Monkey original version though?
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Maybe it's just me, but I think this new unsavoury marketing ploy of recent years is simply taking the piss.. :x
corruptio optimi pessima
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

Thankfully I'm fairly young, so I'm usually lucky enough to start listening to a band/artist just as their work is being remastered and rerelased, so I don't have to buy second copies.

But yeah, things like this are pretty damned cheap.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Morrissey's doing the same thing now with his "deluxe edition" of "You Are The Quarry", which contains B-sides for three singles off the album, no doubt already bought by his fans, but also a couple of live tracks and videos.
The whole thing is really irritating (to put it mildly).
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
charliestumpy

'Versions' .... rerererereleases

Post by charliestumpy »

Like many of us , I buy in UK what I can .... too often sometimes, to obtain 'bonus-unreleased' material.

Sometimes we are almost encouraged by idiot capitalist plonkers to download via e.g WinMX-Soulseek ...

With the ridiculous recent 'The monkey' single release/non-release, it's no wonder that even I will 'stick' with my 'Love that burns' - 'The monkey' .mp3 (until UK release of stuff akin to 2002 'Smile' outtake/oddities/live etc release...).
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

It's funny isn't it? People like Elvis moan about lack of marketing etc when a new album is released and why his new albums don't sell. One day I/we will learn not to buy the album when it first comes out and wait for the almost inevitable deluxe/tour/call it what you will version.

It's not like Elvis is expecting his CDs to go straight to the top of the hit parade (I've gone all 1978 - it must be looking at that Look In magazine pop pickers :lol: ) and he acts like he doesn't care. So what is it? It's probably the people in marketing or the head honchos who know that people like Elvis and Morrissey have a loyal fan base that will want extra unreleased tracks. We've had the discussion about this on many occasions but I'll be buying the new tour CD.

I've got Mug written on my forehead - or at least I will have when she comes over (for identification purposes obviously :wink: )
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

EXACTLY!!!!!! I have often bemoaned this SCAM marketing approach before and have been told to shut up and deal with it. I think it's junk.
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Yeah, I mean it's one thing to reissue an album after 30 or even 20 years. After all, technology improves: sonic improvements, you can fit more on the disc, people are more interested in thorough liner notes and bonus tracks. But to do it less than a year afterwards is pretty crappy if you ask me. Though it seems more and more common nowadays.

They should have done what they did with Cruel Smile and just released everything on a companion disc sold seperately.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

BlueChair wrote: They should have done what they did with Cruel Smile and just released everything on a companion disc sold seperately.
I'm right with you on that one.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

And this is what Morrissey wrote and sang back in 1987 :

"Re-issue ! Re-package ! Re-package !
Re-evaluate the songs
Double-pack with a photograph
Extra Track (and a tacky badge)

But you could have said no
If you'd wanted to
You could have said no
If you'd wanted to"

Spot-on lyrics, huh ?
Well, it seems they can't say no. Or they simply don't want to .......
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Jackson Monk wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I think this new unsavoury marketing ploy of recent years is simply taking the piss.. :x
I agree. It's really crap for us hardcore types, just enough time between the two to ensure that we will buy both. It makes me think I should do what I did with Moz's last CD-- get a pirated copy of the basic release from a friend, then buy the bonus version when it inevitably comes out...
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

I bought TDM when it first came out, and I ordered Clarkesdale Sessions from the USA when it was 1st announced. That hasn't even arrived and now it's to be on CD, in the UK!

Less haste, more money saved methinks.

BTW, 101CD reckon it's a 2CD set (and it's 1GBP cheaper than Amazon):

http://www.101cd.com/music/info.asp?id= ... sptnr=3181[/u]
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

I think that only we - the hardcore fans - buy everything. I'm convinced that this limited edition is more aimed at new buyers to buy this (now special) album, than that it is aimed at EC fans to buy it twice. Each new impulse will convince some more people who are considering to purchase this album.

Nevertheless, the fact remains that our hobby/passion/obsession (EC) costs us a lot of money.

We problably bought all the new reïssues, we bought the two new albums, we bought the iTunes special,...
We will buy the two new DVD's, we will buy the TDM-deluxe-edition, we will go see him in concert (maybe more than once!),...

But we are happy to do so, because it's our hobby/passion/obsession.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.