7. Strict Time
8. White Knuckles
8. Lovers Walk
10. Shot With His Own Gun
11. From A Whisper To A Scream
12. Fish ’N’ Chip Paper
13. Different Finger
14. Luxembourg

Honourable mention: New Lace Sleeves (12 #1s)

I was glad to find that Pretty Words is sorta popular in the ranks, otherwise no surprises. I knew a lot of people like Clubland a lot, but obviously some rankers hate it, which I think is a bit weird, 'cause it sounds like classic Elvis to me. I also thought Shot With His Own Gun would fare way better. Oh, well.

Contributors: King Hoarse, Blue Chair, wardo68, so lacklustre, laughingcrow, Branst, And No Coffe Table, Mr. Average, wehitandrun, invisible Pole, Watching_Detectives, Bob & Charlotte, mood swung, bambooneedle, oily slick, Goody2Shoes, SweetPear, King of Confidence, normabuel, the Imposter, Sour Milk Cow, Von Ofterdingen. And after quite awhile, Ringhio Starr, Chrille, bobster, Emotional Toothpaste, Taste Of Poison, DeathWearsABigHat, strangerinthehouse, Who Shot Sam?, Unexpected no. 4, MistakenForLillies, randrew, the pope of pop, alexv, hollyh. Record turnout on this one - more than 30 rankers! Thanks.

If anyone else wants to have their say, reply to the original post, and I will modify the results accordingly.
Last edited by King Hoarse on Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:32 pm, edited 9 times in total.
What this world needs is more silly men.
seanpointblank

Post by seanpointblank »

I can't believe anything but Fish 'n Chip Paper got last place. I like the song, but the lyric the title is based around makes me cringe every time.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

I think you may have inverted your list, KH.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

It makes me incredibly happy that Lux is last on the list. That song is the worst one EC has ever done.......except for Glitter Gulch.
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

Copenhagen Fan wrote:It makes me incredibly happy that Lux is last on the list. That song is the worst one EC has ever done.......except for Glitter Gulch.
My vote still goes to Sunday's Best.

wardo
BeatleFred

Post by BeatleFred »

Actually, "Lovers Walk" is the weakest track on the album. Otherwise, its a perfect album from start to finish. I dont mind "Luxembourg", the lyrics are great.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

BeatleFred wrote:Actually, "Lovers Walk" is the weakest track on the album. Otherwise, its a perfect album from start to finish. I dont mind "Luxembourg", the lyrics are great.
Not my favorite first post.

"Lovers Walk" is number one for me.
RinghioStarr

Post by RinghioStarr »

Uh, I thought that From A Whisper To A Scream was more popular than that.