This House Is Empty Now

Pretty self-explanatory
wehitandrun

This House Is Empty Now

Post by wehitandrun »

I just bought this song on ITunes, expecting it to be what I heard live.

What I got was that blonde singing it.

ARGH.

Is there an EC studio version anywhere on this Earth?
migdd

Post by migdd »

It's on the album Painted From Memory. You bought the Sofie Von Otter version from the album For the Stars.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Damnit. I should have known this!

Thankyou very much.
Branst

Post by Branst »

"This House Is Empty Now" is a beautiful song. It's one of my favorites on Painted From Memory and I rarely see anyone mention it. The whole album is great in my opinion. There really isn't one bad song on it. One other favorite of mine is "The Long Division," I love the R&B type feel to it and I absolutely love that moog solo. It sounds like something that you'd find on a Stevie Wonder album!
Shatteredmannequin

Post by Shatteredmannequin »

Wehitandrun:

I noticed your location was the Boston area. I'm guessing that the live version of "This House.." you're referring to was the one he played at the Wang Center earlier this year. It was truly incredible. I think you'll dig the Painted from Memory version. There's alot of other great stuff on there as well.

Cheers
clairequilty

Post by clairequilty »

Interestingly, if my memory serves me, THIEN is a song on the record that is almost entirely Burt in it's composition and production. Still great.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

clairequilty wrote:Interestingly, if my memory serves me, THIEN is a song on the record that is almost entirely Burt in it's composition and production. Still great.
Not to quibble, but I recall seeing some footage from the all-star Bacharach show from a few years ago (before PFM) was finished that showed them working on the song together.

It's still a lovely, heartbreaking song.

wardo
clairequilty

Post by clairequilty »

You could be right. I could be wrong. You were probably sober when you saw the footage. I was most definitely drunk when I posted the response.

By all accounts sober and smart beats drunk and stupid any day.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

clairequilty wrote:You could be right. I could be wrong. You were probably sober when you saw the footage. I was most definitely drunk when I posted the response.

By all accounts sober and smart beats drunk and stupid any day.
Actually, I was probably drunk when I saw the footage, but sober when I posted my response. But I would be curious if EC's contention that they collaborated completely on all lyrics and music for the album is true. EC's picked up a lot of habits from Burt, but has yet to catch up with him in orchestration.

It's going to be an interesting autumn, the soundtrack of which the last couple of years has been PFM and North -- now we get a loud album.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

when...i...was...cruel?
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

wehitandrun wrote:when...i...was...cruel?
The two albums I mentioned (PFM and North) came out in the fall; WIWC came out in the spring of 2002 and I wasn't listening to it come the fall of that year. (Cruel Smile didn't last long in the player either.)

Blood & Chocolate was a fall album too.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Ohhh. I figured WIWC had a lasting quality to rule the upcoming fall.

TDM makes WIWC look like filler (even though I still belief that "Daddy Can I Turn This" is purely filler).
Bob And Charlotte

Post by Bob And Charlotte »

shitty song shitty album (imho :wink: )
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

WIWC No. 2 is a wonderful sonnng.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

PFM and North are firmly in my top 10 EC albums (four stars each), while WIWC is down around 2 1/2 stars. More a bunt than a line drive. From what I've heard of TDM, it's the loud album I've been waiting for.