What do you do?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
mood swung

What do you do?

Post by mood swung »

I know rope receives signals from outer space. I know whar is working at the stop-n-shop. noise is attempting to educate the youth of today. what do YOU do?

and you don't have to tell the truth. I ain't checking references. be walter mitty. be george washington. or be quiet.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

I put up skyscrapers.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

:shock:
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I also DJ weddings, proms, and private parties in the DFW area. And I play in a couple of bands.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

My lifetime occupation is father and husband. My employment is through a medical device technology company. I hold the lofty title of VP - Sales and Marketing. We make pregnancy tests, drugs of abuse testing devices (I refuse to be a test fixture for beta site evaluations), research lab devices like pipettes and specimen cups, surgical supplies, etc. Platform is plastic. Who knew that Plastic technology could be so interesting. And more challenging than I ever thought it would be. When I took the position, I sort of thought of plastic injection molding technology as an advanced form of my youthful experience with "Creepy Crawlers" and "Incredible Edibles" toys. Before that, the PlayDoh factory. It is a little more sophisticated than that.

Lofty titles are worthless and meaningless. The old saying "the bigger they are, the harder they fall" is quite true. They look good on your email signature line, but they are otherwise just window-dressing, for the most part.

Oh, and according to WHAR, I am now an official douche-bag, reprehensible because I support the republican platform, and should prepare to go into hiding. You'll have to excuse me, but since this is all so new to me, I haven't operationally defined it yet so I defer to my roles a father, husband, and company exec.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

You better get learnt quick, Dr. A.

Jesus. I'm scolded for being a youngin'- meanwhile you're attempting to bring a one-thread argument into an entire seperate section of the board.

Me, I like you. I just don't care for you. :|
A rope leash

More to it

Post by A rope leash »

I don't just receive signals, I also transmit them.

I also cable buildings, sometimes skyscrapers.

I drive a lot.

"Senior Quality Assurance Technician"

At this moment they are trying to figure out if they still have to pay me overtime under the new GWB rules. They changed my title from "Supervisor" to "Technician" so I would still get over time pay. Now, they're not so sure.

Thanks a lot, Republican Party!
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

I'm a technology manager in a well-known American Investment Bank, but on my working visa it says "Engineer".

I prefer the latter, it invokes imagery of dirt, sweat, grease and real physical labour - which is rather unlike the reality of leather seats, emails, air-conditioning and a desk I could eat my dinner off. My business card is in two languages though, which is cool.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I'm a taxi driver, cook, maid, gardner, tutor, etc. Yes, I'm a full-time mom - to four kids - and caretaker of my four year-old nephew, Alex, a great deal of the time. The college degree I have helped prepare me for the most life changing experience of all - being a parent.

Oh yeah, and I keep DrS in line. Someone has to. :wink:
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

my business card says administrative assistant.

i write contracts for a major university for all their campus construction. so 'boo, i write contracts that the likes of you get to sign. tell me about those skyscrapers!

i hope to someday work in interior design. right now as close as i get is that our ONE AND ONLY interior designer sits behind me. i don't want his job, it's mostly spec'ing systems furniture and going thru carpet samples. bo-ring.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

I am a housewife, slave, mother, decorator, gardener, cook, cleaner, laundry woman, window cleaner, nurse, zoo keeper, referee of fights, mediator, diplomat, and general dogsbody. I am all things to all people!

I also work full time runing an internet company with my partner in which I am a saleswoman, company secretary, accountant, telephonist, stationay manager, web page designer, managing director and distrubtion worker.

I am woman :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Did someone hear a roar?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

Technical writer for a software engineering company (Tandem based), father and de-facto husband (and occassional vocalist on the rare occassions we can be bothered to throw a band together).
bobster

Post by bobster »

I spy, for the F.B.I.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
A rope leash

See eye, eh?

Post by A rope leash »

It's true. I've confirmed it with Chuck Barris...
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

I am involved in the pharmaceutical industry.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

read:pusher.
--William Shakespeare
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

read: Freddy's Dead
bobster

Post by bobster »

When my working class father met my born-with-a-silver-plated-spoon-in-her-mouth mother, he told he worked for the oil companies. It was true. He dug ditches for them.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
A rope leash

His withering pencil...

Post by A rope leash »

I also sideline in writing lyrics for country music songs. I'm sending a couple to Elvis for his birthday!
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

I have a new job--admin. assistant for the faculty resource center at the university I attend. I am currently taking a break from the one-woman catering/personal chef business I run in the summers and on long holidays.
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Gilli - :lol:

My dear Mood, I check the Board on Monday to Friday between the UK hours of 9am and 5pm. 8)

Sometimes I don't. :cry:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I study bird behaviour
Last edited by laughingcrow on Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I protect workers from the unstoppable self-interest of the world's richest university, while still gently upholding the dominant paradigm. I have been called both "smiley-faced propagandist" (by the Left) and "sanctimonious Bloshevik" (by the Right). In response to something I said to him, I was once personally told by the President of same University that he was "not sure he could parse my sentences." You just don't get insults like that anymore...
Bob And Charlotte

Post by Bob And Charlotte »

i work in an exchange money agency...