Beyond Belief Fanzine

Pretty self-explanatory
beyondbelief99

Beyond Belief Fanzine

Post by beyondbelief99 »

From 1995 to 2001, I published an Elvis Costello fanzine called Beyond
Belief. I've got a slew of back issues that I looking to sell at half-price.
There were 26 issues in total, however, I am out of issues 2,3 & 4. So there are 23 issues available which is over 500 pages of great reading about EC's then current and past activities. I also have some color collector cards that came with some of the issues that you will also get. My offer is to sell sets of the 23 issues for $45. Or I can sell individual issues at $2 each. You can find more details about the mag and the contents of the individual issues at: http://www.btinternet.com/~perrymp/bb/

If you are interested, I can do cash, check, money order or PayPal.

BB was a real labor of love for all of us that were involved and, if I must
say so my self, we did a bang-up job of covering everything EC did plus
going back and doing some great historical pieces. If you are an EC fan,
check it out - you will enjoy it.

Mike Bodayle
115 McGavock Circle
Franklin, TN 37064
(615) 599-3635
mbodayle@comcast.net
migdd

Post by migdd »

AS a subscriber from issue #1 to the sad end, I can vouch for the consistant quality of reporting in Mike's fine fan magazine. In it's time, Beyond Belief was the ultimate source for Costello news and is missed to this very day.

Hope everything is going well for you, Mike! And thanks again for many years of Beyond Belief!!!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

You know, when I first became an Elvis fan just over one year ago, I tore up the internet finding out everything I could about him. I stubmled across the Beyond Belief site, read about the magazine, and saw that it was no longer in publication. It seemed too bad, as I was impressed with what I saw on the site.

Now here I am just over a year later, and I have gone from an Elvis virgin to a die hard fan, with my latest binge being to travel to Memphis to see Elvis at the Hi-Tone. DrS and I met up with some people from listserv there, including Mike, and I am sorry to say that I did not make the connection until now that Mike was the one in charge of BB. He was a great guy and a true fan. I'm sure these magazines are worthy of attention from some of our board members here. Come on, guys, indulge yourselves. :)
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

I wouldn't know where to start.

migd- reccomend any particular issues of the magazine? The double issues looks great.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Beyond Belief was a brilliant magazine and so informative. I had a few articles published. I thought I knew a bit about Elvis but these guys... :shock:

WHAR - it's difficult to suggest where to start. The double issue is as good a place to start as anywhere else.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
migdd

Post by migdd »

WHAR - I've got all of the issues stored at home and will try to look through them before I give any recommendations other than they are all great! The double issue was published to cover material that would have been in 2 separate issues but deadlines dictated that the 2 issues be combined. That issue is a good place to start to get a flavor for how great this fanzine was!!