Daryl Palumbo and El P Shoot Frank

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
wehitandrun

Daryl Palumbo and El P Shoot Frank

Post by wehitandrun »

Looks like Elvis has some competition for "the busiest musician in music today."

http://www.defymagazine.com/articles/20 ... oot_Frank/
Daryl Palumbo better be careful, or he’s definitely going to get a rep as the busiest musician in music today. After setting aside Glassjaw temporarily (they’re on “vacation” you cry baby), Daryl started up Head Automatica, his disco “cock rock” project produced by Dan the Automator (Gorillaz). As if that weren’t enough, he sat down and gabbed about his other project Shoot Frank.

The devout hip-hop head came together with a crew that would probably throw anyone looking at the roster for a loop as to what the band will sound like. “Shoot frank is Larry (Gorman), myself, F. Sean from Hatebreed, Cage Kennels whose on Def Jux now, and El-P - the cat who owns Def Jux,” says Palumbo. But never fear, your favorite Defy Magazine got the low down on what Shoot Frank is all about.

“It's kinda on some psychedelic trip, 1991 drug rock feed,” describes Palumbo in his usual supermarket list descriptors. He goes on, “I think what Cage needs right now, he needs me to make a record with him like Nirvana’s Bleach meets this bootleg tape of Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix freestyling live on stage at the Whiskey.”

And as for his Shoot Frank band member El-P? Palumbo has nothing but revere for the veteran rapper. “I think the person responsible for left of center hip-hop is definitely El-P. That’s my man. El-P invented indie hip-hop. There were definitely cats that were indie hip-hop on independent labels, but he invented the whole indie hip-hop world.” He continues, “There wouldn’t be any cats like Anticon and any of that shit if it weren’t for the Co-Flow in 95.”

Palumbo sincerely hopes his army of Glassjaw fans will sink their teeth into this hip-hop and psychedelic pairing. “I think white kids are more into more beat driven shit. Not rap rock; the 15 minutes that people were actually paying attention to that shit, they were all fucking shammed. They’re all assholes.” Chances are with a crew full of Jukies and some veteran rockers; we’re definitely in for some surprises.
seanpointblank

Post by seanpointblank »

That Head Automatica record was trash. Such a step down for Dan the Automator, Hell, it's even a step down from Worship/Tribute.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

No way, that Head Automatica album is genius.

"Solid Gold Telephone", "Mondo Cannibal", "Head Automatica Sound System", "I Shot William H Macy", "Young Hollywood", "At The Speed Of A Yellow Bullet", "198x", ... there isn't a bad song on the album.

Besides, the leaked album is the unmastered copy. It is still awesome, but try re-downloading it when it is released (or show respect and purchase it).

If your version has "Tara Reid Is A Whore" as a songtitle for track 3, then the track titles are off. Track 3 is actually called "Young Hollywood".

Here is some help:
WRONG......................RIGHT

Solid Gold Telephone......Mondo Cannibal
Tara Reid is a Hooker......Young Hollywood
Mu Shu Empire......French Television Dub
Young Hollywood......Solid Gold Telephone
Zach Morris is my Hero......HA Sound System
I Shot Andy Warhol......King Ceaser
Disco Hades......Irreversable
EYEWTKA Stright Edge......Disco Hades
HA Sound System......198X
Negro Spiritual......I Shot William H Macy