Song Never Heard Live & Song You've Only Heard Once

Pretty self-explanatory
ChokingOnMyPrideandPity

Song Never Heard Live & Song You've Only Heard Once

Post by ChokingOnMyPrideandPity »

I've seen EC at least 15 times since 1977 at the Warner Theater in DC. I've never, ever heard him play You Little Fool live. And I'd love to sometime in the future.

I've heard him play Shot With His Own Gun once (solo w/ T-Bone Burnett in 1984) and it was great. I'd love to hear that one again.

Name the tune you've never heard as well as the best single-play song.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

The Judgement was good in '02.
Just Another Mystery would be good.
signed with love and vicious kisses
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

My Mood Swings was great at the Edinburgh festival...

I'd like to hear ...this town... played!
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

I thought he did an amazing version of Everybody's Crying Mercy at the Taste of Chicago last summer.

Would love to see him do Strict Time . . .
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Well, I've only seen him live once, so for the heard once I'll say "My Mood Swings", because I loved it.

For a song I'd want to hear, it'd have to be Episode Of Blonde! God I love it.

<3,
s.
goodbyegirl

Post by goodbyegirl »

Best live tune was "Man Out of Time" -Philadelphia, late 1980's

There's several songs from All This Useless Beauty that would be cool to see live. I love to listen to that cd whenever I'm on a road trip.
Gilbert

Post by Gilbert »

I've been to over 30 shows over the decades, but would love to hear him play "Unwanted Number".

Favourite song I've heard once was a cover of "One Day I'll Fly Away", performed at the Edinburgh Playhouse umpteen years ago.
Four eyes - one vision
elvicos01

Post by elvicos01 »

Favorite Lives Songs

I'm Not Angry from the 70's

Lipstick Vogue/Watching the Detectives - from the 70' and early 80's
Beyond Belief/Clubland in the early 80's

King Horse for the 80's with the Attractions

So Like Candy from the 90's with any back-up band

Shabby Doll has translated well through the years, solo, with the Attractions and the Imposters.

Clubland has had many good incarnations through the years

Currently I enjoy Episode of Blond, especially Steve's creativity in the song. 15 Petals, the 'slow version' of Pump it Up. God Give Me Strength is also great live.

If I don't hear Alison again live, that would be ok.

As far as songs I have never heard him play live, but would like to hear and see - Sunday's Best. (Haven't heard Living in Paradise in almost 20 years also).
Why are we racing to be so old?
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

I've read that "Love Went Mad" is the only song never attempted live.

I'd love to hear it live.

<3,
s.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

He's saving it for me, so he can sing the words 'self-made mug' to my face.... 8)
Toy Soldier-Scaremonger

Post by Toy Soldier-Scaremonger »

For your first post you've come up with quite a good question and have inspired me to respond! A good username you have as well.

In '96 on EC's first club tour with Steve, I saw them perform a beautiful version of 'Black Sails in the Sunset' at the Warehouse in Toronto. It was so memorable that the experience of witnessing that wonderful piece can never be duplicated so I don't even want to see him do it again. As far as one that I've always had an enormous desire to see performed live, the Scaremonger would obviously be remiss if he didn't respond with 'Human Hands': one of the most beautiful love songs Elvis has ever written. Realistically though for Monday's show, all I want is to hear 'Let Me Tell You About Her'. If he does only one song Monday, let it be that! Have I cheated by giving a secondary answer? :roll:
I can't remember being any younger.
jazzguitarist

Hoover

Post by jazzguitarist »

I'd love to hear Hoover Factory. It's not my favorite song but there is something about that one that hits me in the chest. Never heard it live.
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Great question~I hope I can answer it!
I've lost count of how many EC shows I've seen since way back in 1978, so I'm not absolutely certain of what I haven't heard. I knew those extra-curricular drug activities would come back to bite me in the ass. :shock:

At one of his recent shows~I think it was NYC Town Hall~he did All The Rage which I love and have never heard him do before.

I can safely say that I've heard very little of ATUB, but I've also never heard him do I Want You. I've heard you all talk about it and I was so bummed that I never have. That would be so cool.
I'm not angry anymore....
Branst

Post by Branst »

I would like to hear "Mouth Almighty," "King Of Thieves" or "Party Party" live. The latter is a long shot but hey, a man can dream.

My favorite live performance of Costello's is the recent version of "My Mood Swings" with the Brodsky quartet. Before that it was the live version of "Mystery Dance" from the Armed Forces bonus disc.
Charlie Sedaka

Post by Charlie Sedaka »

I aint never heard him sing Pump it Up on the real stage.
Sorry, got distracted - I was poring a dirty book as if I was playing the piano.
kimmy

Post by kimmy »

My favorite one would be "Indoor Fireworks", from the 2002 Imposters tour. I know it's a more "commercial" song, but I would SO love to hear "Oliver's Army" live--'cause that's my favorite!!
...even in a perfect world, where everyone was equal..
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Town Cryer
Nothing Clings like Ivy
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.