EC Bootlegs?

Pretty self-explanatory
VonOfterdingen

EC Bootlegs?

Post by VonOfterdingen »

Hi

I´m only a rookie in this forum, so I apoligize if this is an old subject (maybe it´s time for a revival? :))

Anyhow I live in Denmark where EC (thank God) plays about once every third year, but no many Danes care about EC. They know him by name but can´t name a single tune.

Therefore a bootleg with EC have so far been impossible to come by. So does anybody know how to get hold on that kind of cd´s?
Regards

Soeren Soendergaard

"He´d seen the bottom of a lot of glasses, but he´d never seen love so near"
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

Some people (not me, of course) sell such things on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com

Search on "Elvis Costello," then click on "music" and see what pops up. If you see something you like, put in a bid. Remember you're buying from individuals, so be sure to look at their "feedback" and also read their shipping/payment policies and charges.
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
snarling pup

bootlegs

Post by snarling pup »

Better yet, hook up with some traders...

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Highfidelityelvis/
Sgt. Rutter

Post by Sgt. Rutter »

Any particular "must have" titles any of you guys can recommend? I'm not a huge collector anymore, but I get one whenever I find a quality recording at a decent price. I just don't know what to look for and I don't want to get ripped off.

I'd like to find something as good as my Brutal Youth 1994 CD on Blue Moon Records or This Is Tomorrow on Big Music. They sound awesome! I don't know if these "labels" put out anymore or what.

I'd also like to find a CD copy of a terrific Washington DC concert I have on vinyl. I know it was from a This Year's Model tour because he premiere's a brand "new" song called "Chemistry Class," if I'm remembering correctly. Does that sound familiar to anybody? Hmm, where the heck is my vinyl copy anyway...?

Also, does anyone know where I can find "Party Party" on CD ... if it even exists?

Thanks!
I wish I could push a button and talk in the past and not the present tense.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

You can get Party Party officially on the Elvis Costello singles boxset 2....disc 11 in the thoroughly decent box!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 10-6703035
Sgt. Rutter

Post by Sgt. Rutter »

Good to know, but I was afraid of that. Are those box sets limited editions or will they be around for a while?

Thanks!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Erm...my guess is they won't be around for ever, and Im not even sure if there available in shops in the U.S.

They are quite well put together, original sleeves replicated and all that jazz, and there's a few 'unavailable before' tracks (mostly remixes)...

here's a link to a discussion about them...

http://elviscostellofans.com/phpBB2/vie ... les+boxset
Sgt. Rutter

Post by Sgt. Rutter »

Thanks again! FYI: In case anyone doesn't know, Amazon.com has Singles 1 & 3 for $63.99. Yikes!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Wow....I guess it's a hellluva lot cheaper for you to buy em off the uk amazon :lol: What a joke!

I've bought quite a bit of stuff via the U.S one, so don't worry about the packaging/delivery overseas..it's top notch!
Paul B

Post by Paul B »

Hi Von, bootlegs are often so lo fi (with a few exceptions) and there is a lot of official live stuff out there on the bonus CD's, I'd be inclined to gather the official one's first. See if you can get the Costello & Nieve live box set on ebay or amazon, likewise the bonus edition of Painted from Memory (with a whole live CD), the Cruel Smile CD of the first Imposters tour and the recent Armed Forces reissue. Radio concerts will be among the best bootlegs - there's good BBC sourced ones from the late 80's Blood & Chocolate tour, the Imposters tour and a superb Sold on Song gig last year which is more or less the same set and line up he's playing right now in the States. There's also a video of the last Attractions outing, A Case for Song, but they never seem to have been at their best when being recorded or filmed, not on anything that's come out so far anyway. Good luck and enjoy!
Misha

Post by Misha »

Von,

Snarling Pup has the right answer, the Highfidelity guys can get you anything......

They are the best, and if it is out there, they will have it.

:) Welcome to the fray....

Misha :D :D :D
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

Thanks a lot to all for the replies

I´ll go have a look around. Most wanted is the kind of sound and style of the concert I saw with EC and Steve Nieve i DK november on their North tour. I guess the Costello & Nieve live box got that?

The great online concert at http://media.yahoo.com/blueformusic/ would be kind of nice as well :D

"i´ve tried to change but I changed my mind"
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

The Costello & Nieve box is wonderful, a must-have item.
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"