Elvis at House of Blues Hollywood, Feb 4

Pretty self-explanatory
Misha

Post by Misha »

FYI Everyone....

Warning, even the ticketmasterbastard site says it will only take AMEX stuff to pay for the tickets!!!

Mr. Average????
Senior Service????

:D
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Because I don't carry an Amex Card, and I won't subscribe to satisfy the greed of the creditor for this 'charitable' event, I guess I am out.

Misha, I will PM you.

Unstable Staplerman Dan
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

DrS mentioned that maybe you guys could purchase one of those AmEx cash/gift cards, and use it as an American Express credit card. I'm not certain it would work, but you could look into it. Those are usually accepted everywhere an AmEx is accepted. Maybe. :?

Just trying to help. . . . . . . . . . .
Misha

Post by Misha »

Spooky,

Thanks for the tip...I don't know if you can use the gift cards on the internet, but I know you can use them at the HOB box office.

Yaaayayyyy!! Buyin more tickets tomorrow!! Uh, I mean, later today....
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
Misha

Post by Misha »

I'VE GOT TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOBSTER?

SENIOR SERVICE????
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
jillbeast

I've got my Tix too!

Post by jillbeast »

See you all there! Bobster, it'll be nice to see you again! I'm worried about the Dashboard Confessional kids too. It will be like waiting in line with the crazy Phantom Planet kids! Thank goodness it's a 21 and over :-) Sorry to all of you under 21 Elvis fans :-( I know how that feels!

Let me know if there are any gatherings planned!

Jill (who can commiserate with Misha, but warns her not to go too crazy with the shows :-) I'm already going to SF, Santa Rosa, Seattle and Vancouver and now HOB with the Imposters)
bobster

Post by bobster »

Looking forward to seeing you too, Ms. Beast -- and some other board members I've never met, too (Senior Service, Mr. Average). Should make for an interesting night.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Bobster:

Someone dubbed January 25, 2004 as Diem Misha for the board. I agree. She made it happen for me by helping to secure a tickey beyond my means to do so. And now, with the opportunity to make the acquaintance of you the bobster, senior service, el beasto de gilli, and of course Ms. Misha, it just keeps getting better. I guess I'll search through the photo gallery to put faces to names so I can play the Ecfans board version of the Match Game.

Cheers and two Diet Coke shooters to Ms. Misha.

I'll be there early, but I will be difficult to detect because I blend so well with the West Hollywood crowd. Actually, it's usually a safe bet that I will be the only guy wearing a Miles Davis t-Shirt. Usually, people comment on my hip "Whoopie" shirt, which tells me that Miles was uglier than I thought or that Whoopie is much cooler than I ever realized.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Why is it 21+? Is it because of that ridiculous 'no drinking under 21' law you have there?

You can get married, smoke, have children, have them aborted and drive a car...but if you drink a beer, then you're in real trouble!
Misha

Post by Misha »

LC,

Welcome to the fun that is our country....

Hey, don't forget you can vote AND get killed for your country, too, before it's legal to drink.....
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
bobster

Post by bobster »

Unfortunately, LC, when several states did lower their drinking ages after Vietnam (were the average age of soldiers killed was, at least according to one hip-hop song, 19), drunk driving deaths went up a lot. Made it hard to argue against going back to 21, though the liberterian in me still wants to.

If it makes you feel any better, most older teens here still drink. They just have to be a bit cagey.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Sad to say, I failed to get tickets to the House of Blues show (that'll teach me to borrow the credit card number without also getting the security code). I'm hoping to find someone with extras, although with the concert so soon in the future, I'm afraid the odds aren't good.
Misha

Post by Misha »

Update!!

I got my tickets from UPS today!! Woooo Hooooo!!

(I'll never get any work done now....)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
Misha

Post by Misha »

Hiya All,

Ok, spoke to the folk at HOB. The five days that the benefits are going on the HOB was basically rented by AMEX. Which means the whole place is theirs. Normally, you could go eat and then get let in first. The guy at the restaurant said that is not going to happen this week, and if he was all of us he would wait in the line to get in and not go to the restaurant.

AND, someone on EClistserv is looking for a spare ticket...

So, how are we all going to know one another?

:shock:
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

The "Mr Average" uniform:
Black Jeans. Black Miles Davis T-shirt. No handcuffs.
General Appearance: the perfect hybrid of an axe-murderer and an altar boy. Andy Rooney eyebrows.
Picture link in Photo Gallery.

"Be on Caution where Lover's Walk
Beyond Caution where Lover's Walk!"
(reference EC and the Imposters "lover's")
FAVEHOUR

Re: Elvis at House of Blues Hollywood, Feb 4

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Someone has posted the video of this show to You Tube! Not the best quality but far better than the stream capture I've got!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XnJfC86NYA

Dave