TMBG, White Stripes - for free?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
taz
Site Admin

TMBG, White Stripes - for free?

Post by taz »

Last couple summers here in Atlanta they've been having some free concert series downtown. Though run by the local Clear Channel conglomerate this year they actually have a couple bands I'm interested in seeing! (will wonders never cease?)

They Might Be Giants - 6/6

White Stripes - 6/20 (my b-day, incidentally, gonna have to have somebody else drive that night)
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.

Post by Guest »

Gotta love TMBG live. Went all the way to London to see 'em on Thanksgiving 2001 and it was great. Plus saw them do a few tunes at a signing and they were all pleasant and chatty.

I really should see the White Stripes too before the glow fades but their only Irish gig is at a big goofy festival. Actually I should try to get hired as one of the on sites medics... that'd be interesting...

DrJ
shabbydoll

Post by shabbydoll »

Is that the Witness (spelling?) festival? SFA are playing there, but no way this year, far too broke. I'm looking forward to visiting Ireland soon, I'm told I can get there for very little money from here.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

there's some advantages in living in the vast urban wasteland, then, Taz. I kind of miss your apostrophe--it was so suave! Knoxville is having 'Saturday Night on the Town' or something like that, a freebie event. Musical guests will be Frankie Perez (?), Maroon or Maroon 5 (seen it both ways in the advertising) and Jason Mraz. The only one I've heard of is Jason Mraz, and I don't think I'd pay to see him perform, but since this is in my price range (free), I'll probably go.